Your preference for the next Manager?

Who is your choice to replace Ferguson as manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 211 44.8%
  • Moyes

Votes: 59 12.5%
  • Klopp

Votes: 133 28.2%
  • Ole

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • Cantona

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Benitez

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Wenger

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Pep

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Carlos Q

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I liked Klopp last season, I love him this one. If I love someone else's manager, I don't suppose my choice is all that difficult.

Klopp + Kagawa :drool:

anver

Shart stop
Moyes, way to underrated manager. Look what he consistently does with Everton with the miniscule resources at hand.
No doubt about his feat at Everton.

But, United needs a manager who thinks big, acts big, and is not afraid to mouth off a few expletives.

Mourinho fits that bill. But, will he remain long term?

redspoony

Nobody can compare. Mourinho would give me short term confidence. I just don't know what he'd bring in the long run. He makes me nervous.
He's a gun for hire. Would come in for a few years, probably do well and then sod off.

That might be what we need, someone who can come in short term and have a big enough ego not to be overwhelmed by replacing Fergie.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
My choice would be Klopp. I reckon it'll be Mourinho/Moyes.

Though Sir Bobby did say that Mourinho 'pontificates too much', so I dont know if it'll be him.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Moyes would be my preference, but I'd be thrilled with Klopp as well.

Untied

I like Klopp but isn't he a little flavour of the month?

Stainz

Klopp is exciting.
Would like Moyes aswell.
Do not want Mourinho.

Jacob

A german at United? Meh, I don't see it lasting for too long.

hp88

I liked Klopp last season, I love him this one. If I love someone else's manager, I don't suppose my choice is all that difficult.

Klopp + Kagawa :drool:
Might as well bring Lewandowski with him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Klopp as my first choice. He has the fire and right attitude towards the game.

Cina

Aye, taking a mid table club, winning back to back titles, a double, and a CL final in three years.

Flavour of the month for sure.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Really don't like the idea of Mourinho but I've got a feeling it will be him

Bref

Mourinho or Klopp. Moyes has no experience of the champions league and has never won anything. I like Moyes but I think it's too much of a risk. We're one of the great clubs of Europe, we need someone with more experience winning titles and competing for the CL

Revan

Assumptionman
Ole should be the assistant.

Mourinho or Klopp for sure as managers. If we can't get them, then there are the likes of Ancelotti, Pellegrini or Moyes.

Skywarden

Klopp ticks all the boxes. Passionate, has an eye for talent, can develop talent, is a winner, has experience at the top. It's a fantastic starting point and with the clubs guidance and SAF still around I'd be very excited to see Klopp as the next manager.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Flavour of many months. Liverpool wanted him ahead of Rodgers. Liverpool were beneath a manager of his stature 12 months ago.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Klopp or Jose. Or tempt Johan Cryuff out of retirement. I still don't understand why Pep didn't take the job if Fergie met him in New York... surely words must have been exchanged regarding the possibility of taking over.

I always thought Moyes would one day be manager of United but now I just don't think we can afford to choose a manager that has no experience of managing at the very top level. I also think he's very reluctant to select youth in the first team and quite cautious... whereas Jose for instance picked Varane, due to the fact on merit he was good enough. He makes very bold decisions and needs to be given the chance to prove he can implement good youth policies too...

ideally Klopp. Attractive football, a winner... great eye for talent and withing financial restrictions, loveable guy and similar to Moyes, likely to be very loyal and behave with class.

Member 39557

So, Kenny Jackett quits Milwall, then Fergie quits United. Coincidence?

Varun

Staff
Cant get myself to think of a replacement now. fecking gutted.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mourinho or Klopp for me.

I don't think Moyes has the European experience, nor is he likely to have the respect/allure of prospective signings. Big players want to work for big and renound managers, and I can see joining United a bit less glamorous for James Rodriguez for example, with Moyes in charge.

Revan

Assumptionman
For 'day', read 'the last three years'.
Sarcastic reply to people who are calling the manager who took a midtable club, and in last three years won 2 Bundesliga, 1 Cup and now is in the Champions League final with a squad that has cost 29m,

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mourinho please... Moyes will be a disaster...

Untied

Aye, taking a mid table club, winning back to back titles, a double, and a CL final in three years.

Flavour of the month for sure.
I'm not doubting his credentials or that he's a suitable candidate.

Just observing that even a couple of months back, and certainly last year (my memory may be failing me on this) people were not talking about him as a potential successor. If they were, fair enough.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He's a gun for hire. Would come in for a few years, probably do well and then sod off.

That might be what we need, someone who can come in short term and have a big enough ego not to be overwhelmed by replacing Fergie.
Have always said this. To replace the best manager you need someone who is right up there, not someone who is new completely to top European football.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Your right Colin we are the biggest Club in word but with Jose he will still think he's bigger than club, we are guaranteed succes with him no doubt about that but we will have to deal with all drama that comes with him.
The next few years are going to be key, we need to have someone who will produce results in the short term. What happens long term is a different matter, maybe Mourinho would stay long term, maybe not, but in 2 or 3 years things will look different I'm sure. We could be looking at Pep, Klopp etc Maybe even Moyes if he actually can prove himself at the highest level.