Your XI of players born in the 1970s

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
What’s your best 11 out of players born in the 1970s?

I picked this decade because players born in the 1970s peaked around the late-90s to mid-2000s, around the time I really got into football.

I would go for:

Ronaldo
Nedved - Zidane - Figo
Pirlo - Vieira
Carlos - Nesta - Thuram - Cafu
Buffon​

Honorable mentions: Henry, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Giggs, Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Ferdinand, Totti, Del Piero, Cannavaro, Raul, Shearer, Guti, Davids, Seedorf, Zanetti, Van der Sar...

So many legends

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
For a Born in the '70s team, I would probably go with this:

Individually, you can make better ones — but here you have complementary functions (e.g. Zidane has a robust/industrious midfield base behind him and can fully concentrate on feeding the forwards and dictating the game), the likelihood of people stepping on each others' toes to assert their dominance is reduced by minimizing individualists or multiple architect types, and you have proven partnerships from front to back (Ronaldo-Rivaldo with Brazil obviously, the wingbacks also with Brazil, Davids-Zidane from their Juventus days and Carlos-Zidane at Madrid, Cannavaro-Thuram-Buffon at Parma and Juventus, Nesta-Buffon-Cannavaro for Italy).

Bench: Zanetti (could have easily started), Henry, Figo, Shevchenko, Nedvěd (multipurpose and even played as a wingback at Lazio).

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Why does Seedorf always get snubbed in these?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Why does Seedorf always get snubbed in these?
Amazing player, but I tried to go for a balanced team.

A midfield of Pirlo-Seedorf is too attacking, and I already picked Zidane, so no spot for Seedorf unfortunately.

A phenomenal player though.

thepolice123

Individually, you can make better ones — but here you have complementary functions (e.g. Zidane has a robust/industrious midfield base behind him and can fully concentrate on feeding the forwards and dictating the game), the likelihood of people stepping on each others' toes to assert their dominance is reduced by minimizing individualists or multiple architect types, and you have proven partnerships from front to back (Ronaldo-Rivaldo with Brazil obviously, the wingbacks also with Brazil, Davids-Zidane from their Juventus days and Carlos-Zidane at Madrid, Cannavaro-Thuram-Buffon at Parma and Juventus, Nesta-Buffon-Cannavaro for Italy).

Bench: Zanetti (could have easily started), Henry, Figo, Shevchenko, Nedvěd (multipurpose and even played as a wingback at Lazio).
Too Serie A for me.

Just kidding. Great team.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Struggling to improve upon @Invictus' team.

My only thought would be:

Ronaldo
Rivaldo - Zidane - Figo
Davids - Keane
Carlos - Nesta - Thuram - Cafu
Buffon​

RoyH1

Brilliant choices. What a team!