Youri Tielemans

Red_Aaron

Was a nice goal but he's also been pretty wasteful today, underhit passes especially seem to be common

Masdison has been far better today and is a similar age.

Both are good talents though

Kaglish10

Yes, he looks good. I actually think Monaco didn't use him right. At one time he was deployed alongside Fabregas in a 2-man midfield, which is really ridiculous. What did they think of him? a defensive midfielder? Wonders shall never end. I think we should be all over him. He looks like a terrific playmaker.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would take him for 35m. A DLP who can play in a 2 or 3 man midfield.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
And he's only a loan at the moment. Should Leicester buy him he'll be expensive (£35-40m). They'd probably then look for close to double that when they do sell...
we'd get him cheaper than most as we can add Adrien Silva to the deal who is on loan at Monaco and thriving there

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Yes, he looks good. I actually think Monaco didn't use him right. At one time he was deployed alongside Fabregas in a 2-man midfield, which is really ridiculous. What did they think of him? a defensive midfielder? Wonders shall never end. I think we should be all over him. He looks like a terrific playmaker.
he didn't play with Fabregas there he was frozen out, he's also not a holding player he's a box to box player with some skill

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
we'd get him cheaper than most as we can add Adrien Silva to the deal who is on loan at Monaco and thriving there
Yup both teams got better with this loan and it should probably be made permanent.

He has never played with Fabrebgas in a two men midfield and he was mainly used in a three men midfield with Fabinho and Moutinho, then this season with Aholou.

Kaglish10

he didn't play with Fabregas there he was frozen out, he's also not a holding player he's a box to box player with some skill
He did play with Fabregas in one of Monaco's matches. You can check it up. It was even in a 2-man midfield which sounds so crazy, considering neither him nor Fabregas is a defensive midfielder and more so, none of the two is really fast to complement each other. That coach must have been crazy.

JPRouve

Scout
He did play with Fabregas in one of Monaco's matches. You can check it up. It was even in a 2-man midfield which sounds so crazy, considering neither him nor Fabregas is a defensive midfielder and more so, none of the two is really fast to complement each other. That coach must have been crazy.
No it wasn't, it was a three man midfield with Golovin, Tielemans and Fabregas in a 532. It was bad.

Kaglish10

Yup both teams got better with this loan and it should probably be made permanent.

He has never played with Fabrebgas in a two men midfield and he was mainly used in a three men midfield with Fabinho and Moutinho, then this season with Aholou.
In Monaco's 5-1 loss to Strasbourg, he played alongside Fabregas in a 2-man midfield. Monaco's coaches kept seeing him either as the box-box midfielder to replace Bakayoko or a defensive holding midfielder which he is neither. He's a playmaking no 8 and should be used as such.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Type of talents which we will regret later if passed up now. Huge value here.

Kaglish10

No it wasn't, it was a three man midfield with Golovin, Tielemans and Fabregas in a 532. It was bad.
Against Strasbourg, he was deployed alongside Fabregas in a 2-man midfield.

Like I stated earlier, he's been wrongly utilised while he was at Monaco. Both he and Fabregas shouldn't have even started any match in the first place. It should have been one of them because they have the same skillset and are not that fast. He's much more mobile than Fabregas in that regards but still not fast hence he would need a much more mobile midfielder like Maddison to complement him, just like Iniesta did with Xavi or a box-box midfielder to complement him but with a holding midfielder at the base of the midfield.

But Monaco's coach saw him as Bakayoko's replacement while another saw him as a holding midfielder. He's neither.

JPRouve

Scout
Against Strasbourg, he was deployed alongside Fabregas in a 2-man midfield.

Like I stated earlier, he's been wrongly utilised while he was at Monaco. Both he and Fabregas shouldn't have even started any match for n the first place. It should have been one of them because they have the same skillset and are not that fast. He's more mobile than Fabregas in that regards but still not fast hence he would need a much more mobile midfielder like Maddison to complement him, just like Iniesta did with Xavi or a box-box midfielder to complement him but with a holding midfielder at the base of the midfield.

But Monaco's coach saw him as Bakayoko's replacement while another saw him as a holding midfielder. He's neither.
It was a midfield three with Golovin. And that's not even how he has mainly been used by Monaco. he has mainly played with Fabinho, Moutinho, Aholou and I forgot Benasser. I mean you are basing your theory on a player that signed for Monaco in January.

Champagne Football

Tielemans at £40 million is better value than Rabiot for free. Even all the snickers bars in Manchester couldn't tame the current diva we have. I don't think all the snickers in the UK could tame another diva if we went for Rabiot.

Kaglish10

It was a midfield three with Golovin. And that's not even how he has mainly been used by Monaco. he has mainly played with Fabinho, Moutinho, Aholou and I forgot Benasser. I mean you are basing your theory on a player that signed for Monaco in January.
Is Golovin not that Russia guy at the world cup? He's a no 10. That makes it even more crazy. I mean Monaco had two no 8 and a no 10 in the midfield (we could even say, it's was just a no 8 because Fabregas is more of a no 10 than a no 8). In essence, Monaco has Tielesman as the only no 8 against Strasbourg. It's no wonder they were whooped.

I actually thought Monaco did a good business with Leicester by swapping Adrien Silva with Tielesman. They needed a holding midfielder to compensate for the loss of Fabinho and Adrien was able to do that whereas Leicester already had one in Mendy and there was also, Ndidi who could play as one.

Monaco should have also brought in Bakayoko's replacement (box-box midfielder) to complement the holding midfielder but at least, they could say they replaced Fabinho.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This guy and De Ligt were really good against us in the EL. We should have been hard on the case of both players straight after with promises of major game time. They’d have been less than half the price they are now and no Barcelona in for De Ligt....but we are top of the food chain or something

OleGunnar20

Type of talents which we will regret later if passed up now. Huge value here.
Either him or Fernandes a must for me this summer. We're short of quality as it is in the middle, with Herrera off thing start to look pretty dire.

£35m odd for each, unbelievable value.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's not that good.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Helps when your playing against Charity FC and Xhaka doesn't feel like tracking runs.

Castia

If this guy wasn't Belgian the hype around him would be seriously lowered

He’s been a huge prospect for years now it’s not got anything to do with his nationality. He’ll be at a top club in the next 2-3 years for sure, at £40m he’s a bargain.

ExSalfordRed

Snap him up, good young player liked the look of him for few years. I heard Leicester have first refusal on him though ! If he does sign for them within 2 years he will be at a top club

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Superb again for Leicester.

Mobile, quick with a great shot in both feet. He seems to have matured at Leicester. Needs a serious look

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Should have been bought in last Jan on loan with an option to buy.

Inigo Montoya

United fan to boot.

Though not exactly young and British.

:smirk:
Isn’t this joke just wearing a little thin now? I mean you’ve made your point but now you look to derail threads with constant boring references ...
just a quick question, are you going to follow me on every thread and post? I’d be good to know, if so I can use the ‘ignore’ button.
Now back to Tielemans

JPRouve

Scout
We had a conversation before about this, and it was his attitude I believe.

Do you think he could fit in here?
I have no idea, he needs to be molded by his manager and at Monaco it wasn't working, he would lose focus several times per game in attack and defense, his game wasn't together. If he finds a role, he has the tools to be a good player.

izec

He is someone we monitored a long time, didnt he even reject us for Monaco because of playing time? I wouldnt be against it, but i think he will stay at Leicester.

Inigo Montoya

He is someone we monitored a long time, didnt he even reject us for Monaco because of playing time? I wouldnt be against it, but i think he will stay at Leicester.
Or maybe another UCL team will
Come in for him