Youri Tielemans

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Two years left on his contract. Could be something in it.
the summer we won the league Mahrez wasn't used for the new strip photo's he was here another 2 years, Tielemans may leave but I don't see who would buy him right now, the likely candidates here don't really need him and those abroad have no cash

TheReligion

Abusive
They sell a big name each summer so not unrealistic to suggest he could be one of them. Even more difficult to keep without CL.

izec

If he was crying, then he might be off. Maybe it was because of the Fa cup win and his goal. A bit weird though

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
the summer we won the league Mahrez wasn't used for the new strip photo's he was here another 2 years, Tielemans may leave but I don't see who would buy him right now, the likely candidates here don't really need him and those abroad have no cash
Pogba is most likely off, Tielemans seems like he could slot right in.

Diabovermelho

Leicester are rumoured to be signing Soumaré... every season they seem to sell expensive and buy cheaper replacements, so it wouldn't surprise me at all. The question is where he's off and how much? Don't want to see him on Liverpool or City..

Bwuk

Pogba seems to play further forward for you then Tielemans does
Tielemans would balance us a lot as he’d be comfortable in the 4-2-3-1 behind Bruno.

Id take Tielemans if we could get a similar fee for Pogba. Very under-rated.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Tielemans would balance us a lot as he’d be comfortable in the 4-2-3-1 behind Bruno.

Id take Tielemans if we could get a similar fee for Pogba. Very under-rated.
you're missing the Ndidi to partner him in that 4231, I'm not sure he would be as effective without him, or someone similar

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Pogba seems to play further forward for you then Tielemans does
Which is the issue, we can't really find a place for Pogba due to his defensive vulnerabilities in the central midfield so he's been taking Rashford's spot. Ideally, he comes in, Pogba leaves, and is a massive upgrade on one of Fred/McTominay and we are a better-balanced squad.

Bwuk

you're missing the Ndidi to partner him in that 4231, I'm not sure he would be as effective without him, or someone similar
I agree but that’s another issue we have to deal with. He’s an upgrade on Fred any day of the week.

Bwuk

I'd be surprised if we weren't monitoring him. He'd walk into our midfield.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's very good. Only 24 y.o. too. A typical SAF's signing. Got the vibe that he could be our "Modric" moment, where years later, we'd be lamenting "if only".

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd be surprised if we weren't monitoring him. He'd walk into our midfield.
Is he really that good?

Does he control our midfield or just score and occasional long distance goal?

Pickle85

Is he really that good?

Does he control our midfield or just score and occasional long distance goal?
I think he's great - neat and tidy in possession, energetic and uses the ball well. He's WAY more than just the occasional long distance worldie imo. He'd be right up there as CM signing preferences for me.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
*screams internally*
:lol: I know it doesn't say much. As if no other manager wants him. I meant that he'd be perfect for 4-4-2 CM, proven in the League, at the right mature age with room to improve, and is still hungry for success.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he's great - neat and tidy in possession, energetic and uses the ball well. He's WAY more than just the occasional long distance worldie imo. He'd be right up there as CM signing preferences for me.
Say we got him to line up next to Bruno - would people say that we still needed a deep lying playmaker or a more ball winning defensive midfielder?

gajender

Say we got him to line up next to Bruno - would people say that we still needed a deep lying playmaker or a more ball winning defensive midfielder?
He would work well next to somebody like Rice or similar profile player and Bruno in front , if Solskjaer continues to play 4231 which is highly likely then he would be better suited to play in Midfield two then most of our current options.

Pickle85

if that’s the case. I don’t want. We should want a player to run enthusiastically whilst pointing into our midfield.
Enjoyed this.

I agree with @gajender - as part of the two in the 4231 I reckon he'd be great. Can't see Leicester letting him go for anything other than megabucks but we can dream...

No, he’d be the deep lying playmaker with a more dynamic element to his game. We would still need that Ndidi/Rice type next to him however.

Last edited:

Green Arrow

Weren't we interested in him before he moved to Leicester? We should have gotten him then I'm sure they will double their money if and when they sell him.

BlahRules

Weren't we interested in him before he moved to Leicester? We should have gotten him then I'm sure they will double their money if and when they sell him.
They bought him for 40m euros. I understand he has two years contract and for that reason, Leicester will not be selling him for 80m but more likely 50-60m.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would be great in the double pivot but not happening, midfield appears to be prioritised after Sancho and a centre-back so most of the budget will be gone.

Green Arrow

They bought him for 40m euros. I understand he has two years contract and for that reason, Leicester will not be selling him for 80m but more likely 50-60m.
50M/60M we should be going for that he will improve our midfield immensely. However does depend on what we have left after getting Sancho.