Youri Tielemans

BlahRules

50M/60M we should be going for that he will improve our midfield immensely. However does depend on what we have left after getting Sancho.
I hope we are looking at him or similar of that type of player. We really need a deep-lying playmaker that can dictate the game for us and more importantly retain possession. When we had Scholes, Carrick or even Fletcher, Cleverly and Anderson we were able to hold the ball and play it around the team when we take a lead but this team can't even hold it and the worst part is because the midfield is rubbish at retaining possession it makes the defence look even weaker than it should be.

AaronRedDevil

Guessed he's Pogba's replacement if he's leaving? Or is he an alternative for Rice.

Statue of Limitations

I have this fantasy, fever dream that we just get it done, world class player with room for improvement that would enhance the overall quality of our team.

Why does it seem so far fetched after I put it down in words? :(

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This signing would be quality, massive upgrade on Fred and mctominay, however I feel like we need a more defensive type of midfielder. If we got a defensive mid and paired him with pogba in a 4-2-3-1 we would then have more creativity with pogba being allowed to go further forward and not having to worry about his defensive duties, but if we sell pogba then I see tielemans as his replacement which means we would still need a DM

onemanarmy

He bossed the midfield with Dendoncker yesterday against Modric, Kovacic and Brozovic. His passing is outrageous, he does the dirty work too.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Is he really that good?

Does he control our midfield or just score and occasional long distance goal?
He's fantastic, he elevates us to another level. Closest we've come to a Kante / Mahrez level performer. Much better and much more consistent than your Chilwells, Maguires, Maddisons.

We absolutely won't let him go easily this summer, and will do what we can to keep him. He's integral to our setup.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
They bought him for 40m euros. I understand he has two years contract and for that reason, Leicester will not be selling him for 80m but more likely 50-60m.
Would be very shocked if we accepted anything below £60m, it's more likely the £60-£75m range even with two years left. Just because he's too important to us, we could still get our money back on him next summer at least.

tomaldinho1

He bossed the midfield with Dendoncker yesterday against Modric, Kovacic and Brozovic. His passing is outrageous, he does the dirty work too.
He's a great example of a modern CM - does everything offensively and defensively to a high level, consistently.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
he really would be the perfect replacement for Wijnaldum, although unfortunately I haven’t really seen us linked to him.

mancan92

He's fantastic I could see him being a modric and moving to a top team and being one of the best in the world. Which means we'll probably miss out and sign someone half as good.

Redlyn

Let's just fire all our scouts and hire leceister's. It would be far cheaper than trying to buy all their players off them.

Green Arrow

I hope we are looking at him or similar of that type of player. We really need a deep-lying playmaker that can dictate the game for us and more importantly retain possession. When we had Scholes, Carrick or even Fletcher, Cleverly and Anderson we were able to hold the ball and play it around the team when we take a lead but this team can't even hold it and the worst part is because the midfield is rubbish at retaining possession it makes the defence look even weaker than it should be.
If we don't end up getting him there are other options out there Bisouma, Zakaria etc, the issue is can the club if they don't get Tielemens go out and identify other players who are considerably cheaper than Tielemens and get them.
You are correct the midfield now is terrible he's effectively playing with a back six and they still play bad. Hopefully we can get a CDM who can sit in front and actually do the job properly.

Zoo

Weren't we interested in him before he moved to Leicester? We should have gotten him then I'm sure they will double their money if and when they sell him.
According to Kristof Terreur he is liked by Ole but it was dependent on Pogba’s future at the time, that’s probably still the case now.

Lynty

According to Kristof Terreur he is liked by Ole but it was dependent on Pogba’s future at the time, that’s probably still the case now.
Seems like a lot of our transfer business is dependent on Pogba. If he's not signing a contract, I'd push him out this window - we can't wait around forever.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Let's just fire all our scouts and hire leceister's. It would be far cheaper than trying to buy all their players off them.
I'm sure you know all the players we know the difference is being willing to take a risk. Tielemans flopped at Monaco, we went big to get him when many wouldn't. You wait for them to establish themselves at a club, over generally jumping in before that. It's understandable for a huge club.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Talent was always there and it was criminal not to take a chance for 35m when he moved to Leicester. Anyways, with only 2 more years, hope we are keeping a tab on him. Just let him know our interest and we can sign him next year for a similar fee.

Lynty

I think Anderlecht - Monaco - Leicester is a good development route for a young midfielder to mature his game without being exposed to the scrutiny and pressure of United - e.g. van de Beek.

Remember, Tielemans was listed as one of the biggest flops in Ligue 1.

I don't think he'd have gotten half as many opportunities if we'd got him for £35m in 2019.

Abraxas

Very good player, but he does play with Ndidi who is a defensive workhorse. Playing in our side would be somewhat different, the balance and expectations would be different. I think he works hard enough to suggest he's not somebody that needs somebody doing all the graft, but whether he could slot in alongside our existing options is a question. He is definitely a player that stands out as being on the cusp of becoming one of the top central midfielders around, naturally we should be keeping track of him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I think Anderlecht - Monaco - Leicester is a good development route for a young midfielder to mature his game without being exposed to the scrutiny and pressure of United - e.g. van de Beek.

Remember, Tielemans was listed as one of the biggest flops in Ligue 1.

I don't think he'd have gotten half as many opportunities if we'd got him for £35m in 2019.
yeah Tielemans is considered a flop there but on the other hand Islam Slimani was a total flop with us but considered a quality forward in France

Green Arrow

Alot of things depend on Pogba is he staying is he going who knows. This does hamper us in players we want to sign in the midfield.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How did he play today?

Im trying to make my mind up if he is good or a bit overhyped.

edcunited1878

How did he play today?

Im trying to make my mind up if he is good or a bit overhyped.
He was completely irrelevant in the first half. If you're in that engine room, you gotta help your team out but Belgium overall were so out of whack in the first half.

He is a bit overhyped because he's surrounded by a back 3 and wingbacks at Leicester, who are comfortable ceding possession and countering, so he's able to pick and choose his spots. When today in the first half, you can't pick and choose, you have to work it out and try to take on that responsibility. He didn't have it. So then Belgium finally got their act together and he was much more involved, but that responsibility was deferred to KDB, Hazard, Lukaku, and Martinez who changed the tactics.

Thing he's a really good player but operating as an 8 with 3 CBs and wingbacks at both club and country limits his exposure if he was in a traditional back 4 system.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is a bit overhyped because he's surrounded by a back 3 and wingbacks at Leicester, who are comfortable ceding possession and countering, so he's able to pick and choose his spots.
+ the best ‘pure DM’ in the league. Agree with the bulk of your post though

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He is a bit overhyped because he's surrounded by a back 3 and wingbacks at Leicester, who are comfortable ceding possession and countering, so he's able to pick and choose his spots.
firstly we don't always play a back 3, he looked better in a 4231, secondly in the majority of our games we play possession based attacking football.

Belgium got blitzed first half by a Danish team pumped up on adrenalin, sometimes you cannot assert yourself and you simply have to weather the storm until they blow up

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
hope he stinks out the entire tournament personally and not just because he's playing for Belgium

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
He is very good on a decent team but I think he would be excellent playing for a top team. Apparently Leicester have tried to extend his contract but it doesn't look like it will happen so I expect him to leave this Summer with one year remaining on his contract. I don't expect Leicester to fire sale him though, they paid 40 for him & would probably sell for 60.