Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was he only on loan at Leicester?

If so then we should definitely be in for him. He's looked very good alongside Ndidi.

Ramos

Great player but not the kind to turn a giant club in a bad spell around. Not yet anyway. Should stay at Leicester for a while. they seem set to have a good couple of years with all the talent they have now.

settembrini

Mixed feelings. He's not an amazing player who would transform our side but if he's available for a good price then we could do worse. He's the right sort of midfielder we should be looking for because he would improve our possession/creativity/attacking but I'm not convinced he's the absolute best we could get. He's at a good age and has adapted decently to the PL though which is nice.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Great player but not the kind to turn a giant club in a bad spell around. Not yet anyway. Should stay at Leicester for a while. they seem set to have a good couple of years with all the talent they have now.
There is not a single player who can turn around the club by himself (except maybe Messi).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s a baller. Thought so since we played against him in the EL. (Himself Sanchez and De Ligt really stood out) Would be a good replacement for Ander in the box to box role, not on the defensive side though, Ander is immense in that regard.

We’d need him and one other signing. If it’s fernandes then that’s pogba gone and another season of Matic in the DM role which is quite depressing actually but we need to rebuild, top young talent fits the bill and he is certainly that.

Bojan11

May as well sign him now. This is the type of player we’d want to sign for double the fee in a few years time.

Should have gone for him after we played Anderlecht in the EL he was very impressive.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Mixed feelings. He's not an amazing player who would transform our side but if he's available for a good price then we could do worse. He's the right sort of midfielder we should be looking for because he would improve our possession/creativity/attacking but I'm not convinced he's the absolute best we get. He's at a good age and has adapted decently to the PL though which is nice.
Would be a great squad addition - not going to transform our midfield overnight like say saul might but at 21 years old he could well develop in the next 2-3 years into something quite special - plus with 280 games under his belt already hes experienced enough if called on
Personally feel that for him the better move would be to stay at Leicester for a couple of years to develop but would be delighted if we could get him

Nickosaur

Really like the look of him. Think he had a bad spell at Monaco? but which young players don't. Impressive attacking input from midfield.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
He is a good player. Adding him, Barella and Fernandes would mean Pogba is leaving.

A completely new midfield. Im not against it.

GBBQ

There is not a single player who can turn around the club by himself (except maybe Messi).
Yeah exactly, we have to stop assessing potential signings on whether or not they themselves could change our fortunes. If the link is true and we sign him he'd be part of a bigger picture of ins and outs that would hopefully make us a better team by August.

Wallez

He would be a very solid signing for us. 21 years old, PL proven and probably available for a reasonable fee. I think he would fit nicely alongside Pogba as he provides more creativity and attacking threat than Herrera. In addition, we should bring in a DM that covers the ground behind Tielemans and Pogba.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The fact he flopped so badly at Monaco worries me, indicates he needs the right surroundings to succeed and I doubt we have those right surroundings

Some players you just have to say yeah good player but not for us even if that means he goes to Spurs and becomes the best CM in the league (hyperbole because his potential isn't that great)

Bwuk

He's the sort of player we should be after but probably won't be.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m in for him. He’s worth the punt since I don’t think he will cost a lot knowing that Spurs & Leicester are the other clubs trying to sign him. He won’t be instant solution, but I think Ole can develop him to a great player.

I noticed that Vardy’s style is very beneficial for his style as well. And Rashford has similar asset to Vardy in term of being a pacey striker with good movement.

Ramos

The fact he flopped so badly at Monaco worries me, indicates he needs the right surroundings to succeed and I doubt we have those right surroundings

Some players you just have to say yeah good player but not for us even if that means he goes to Spurs and becomes the best CM in the league (hyperbole because his potential isn't that great)
That's exactly what i meant. I watched him for years at Anderlecht. When the team is bad, he's bad. But when the team is good, he's the best player on the field.

Not sure that's the kind of player United need right now. And for him personally, after Monaco, that's not what he needs either.

Then again United might look completely different next year. Would be a gamble either way.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s been on the club’s radar for at least 5 years, so we probably have a 200-page dossier on him somewhere. Maybe now we feel it’s the right time to act on it.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s been on the club’s radar for at least 5 years, so we probably have a 200-page dossier on him somewhere. Maybe now we feel it’s the right time to act on it.
We don't even start the process of preparing a bid until we have 275 pages.

Mastoness

I wouldn't mind having him in the squad. 21 years old and as someone already mentioned fairly expirienced for his age, good dribbler and passer, he can score a banger here and there and it looks that he accustomed to the PL very well.

If we can keep Pogba and if we add someone like Gueye that would be a good midfield. Gueye for all the dirty work and defensive duties, Tielmans for passing and control and Pogba as more attacking oriented.

If we can get him for a reasonable price I say go for it.

Last edited:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Exactly the sort of on the cusp of going up a level player we should be after. Also had 6 months in the league already so should be able to adapt more easily. From what I have seen his passing range impresses me from long to short and also has a decent strike on him

arthurka

I think he would be a fantastic buy. Young talented and at a reasonable price.
We would be crazy not to be interested with the problems we are facing in midfield.

onemanarmy

I watched him for years at Anderlecht. When the team is bad, he's bad. But when the team is good, he's the best player on the field.
What do you expect from a 18-19 year old player, which he was back then? He was never going to fully carry the team at that age, nor was he going to carry the worst Monaco side in ages. Drop him in any team which plays decent football and he'll only get better, the talent is obviously there. That being said, I would suggest he'd stay at Leicester for a year or 2.

Art

Art the artist
A midfielder that doesn't completely shit the bed with the ball at his feet under pressure. Why on earth would United want him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would love to bring him in. Him and Neves as our 2 midfielders would sort out our midfield for years to come IMO, and they suit each other very well but also can easily make the step up to be world class midfielders. Also exactly the types we need, Pogba or no Pogba.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's younger than McTominay.
He's a defensive midfielder in every sense of the word. McTominay looks more comfortable playing box to box. Tielemans is also captaincy material even at his age, players like him and DeLigt would be the kind of profile United should be looking for to add some character to the squad.

cathari

Think he looks very talented and welcome tier 1 reports of our interest, although a somewhat vague mention from Terreur.

And it would be a promising signal that changes in transfer policy are actually being made at the club.

Ramos

What do you expect from a 18-19 year old player, which he was back then? He was never going to fully carry the team at that age, nor was he going to carry the worst Monaco side in ages. Drop him in any team which plays decent football and he'll only get better, the talent is obviously there. That being said, I would suggest he'd stay at Leicester for a year or 2.
Some players do, at that level it's not impossible. Kompany is an example. He was the boss at 17 at the same team. You could see from a mile a way what leader he would become.

Tielemans doesn't have that quality. He has many others though. Not slating him, he's the kind of player i love to watch.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
Good player. with great potential. For the sake of his career, I really hope he produces a masterclass in his next game, whoever the opponent are. can't remember who they are facing this week :confused:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
One of my top picks to come in this summer. Calm, comfortable with both feet. Can pass and shoot

Silas

Would love to bring him in. Him and Neves as our 2 midfielders would sort out our midfield for years to come IMO, and they suit each other very well but also can easily make the step up to be world class midfielders. Also exactly the types we need, Pogba or no Pogba.
Think it would have to be one or the other with Pogba in there. Don't think there'd be enough legs and actual defensive ability in the midfield otherwise.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think it would have to be one or the other with Pogba in there. Don't think there'd be enough legs and actual defensive ability in the midfield otherwise.
Neves and Tielemans are more than capable themselves to hold it; both aggressive players, both very intelligent, both very diligent defensively. Neves is perfectly capable of being the pivot player, holding midfielder in a 3 while Tielemans has played that role in the past but is perfect for the all rounder, controlling midfielder IMO. putting them as the 2 in a 4231 or as 2 of the 3 with Pogba the 3rd mid, would definitely work IMO. Definitely a huge improvement on the ball but also in terms of energy and midfield balance.

Either way think Pogba only has 1 year max left at United so we shouldn't really plan our long term midfield around him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's a defensive midfielder in every sense of the word. McTominay looks more comfortable playing box to box. Tielemans is also captaincy material even at his age, players like him and DeLigt would be the kind of profile United should be looking for to add some character to the squad.
I was under the impression that he's more of a B2B player. Haven't watched him all that much though.

Either way, I'm not comparing them, just wanted to put in perspective how young he is.

deafepl

It makes a sense, we need more midfielder in depth who complete for 3 spots. Ole dropped many players who are out of forms like Young, Martial, Matic, Herrera, Fred, Lingard, Lukaku and Sanchez.

Tielmans will complete with Bruno on the right flank.

So we don't lose midfield control if any of these players get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.