Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hopefully Verts will have a word with him, I would say Monaco would accept £35-40M for him.
There are Belgian players in all of the top clubs tbf. Doubt he'll have much sway.

However Spurs would be a good fit for him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Do not want, too worried about how hard he flopped at Monaco when put out of his comfort zone and asked to man up.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Would offer a good option, PL experience, cheap, young and able to grow with the team.

Makes too much sense, plus he’s not British.

Champagne Football

He hit the ground running from the word go in the PL. He was born to play in the PL.

Wicked long range shot and decent goal and assist ratio. Seems like a no brainer.

Tosicsleftpeg

Tielmans is class, remember seeing him for Anderlecht and he was absolutely awesome for them scoring worldies and pinging cross field balls. Would be a quality signing for us and a truly quality young player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't get it. Arent we signing other midfielders even if Pogba stays?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd rather see us sign Longstaff who is younger and would cost less in transfer fee and wages. Longstaff is just as talented as the hyped up Tielemans who was quite frankly crap for Monaco.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Difficult for Utd here and Youri, as he has already stated he wants to play, not be a rotation player. All down to what happens with your crown jewel I guess.:D
(That’s Lord Pogba of Salford by the way :angel: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainoldo

I'd rather see us sign Longstaff who is younger and would cost less in transfer fee and wages. Longstaff is just as talented as the hyped up Tielemans who was quite frankly crap for Monaco.
1 is a Belgium international the other......

We need quality players not cheap players. That’s not how we are going to improve.

Hans Moleman

:lol: Tielemans just turned 22, Longstaff is 22 in October

sherrinford

Would he be cheaper? Monaco will want rid while we would be trying to prize Longstaff away from Newcastle.

LonelyFire

Would he be cheaper? Monaco will want rid while we would be trying to prize Longstaff away from Newcastle.
Given he performed well in PL and there is a market for him, it’s going to be more expensive. Would suspect 40m for Tielemans

Adnan

Talent Spotter
1 is a Belgium international the other......

We need quality players not cheap players. That’s not how we are going to improve.
Longstaff is quality though from what he's shown in the PL albeit in a limited amount of games. But his performances against City and Chelsea are better than anything Tielemans has shown in comparison IMO.

Muenier is also a Belgian International but alot of fans still prefer the uncapped Wan Bissaka over him. Tielemans is a talented prospect but his poor showing in the French league shouldn't be overlooked.

SteveW

I reckon Rabiot and Longstaff are first choice. If we fail on either I'd say we'll go for this lad. If we get 2 out of those 3 we'll have done absolutely phenomenal business and the future will start to look quite bright imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's reports that Tielemans will cost about €40m in comparison to £25m for Longstaff. Longstaff i'd imagine would cost significantly less in wages too.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'd rather see us sign both. We need someone who can sit, and we need someone who creates a little further forward. I don't see why it's either or.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think the bold bit might be a fallacy due to underestimating the difference between the teams they play in. Newcastle under Benitez do not try to control the games with the ball. It is also worth noting that three out of the seven games he played more than 90 min he faced City, Chelsea and Tottenham.

Against Huddersfield Longstaff played 76 passes. Only the central defenders where equal. Hayden, his partner in midfield, had 41. The same was the case against Wolves, Longstaff played 51 passes. Hayden had 26. (Against Cardiff and Burnley there figures where more equal.)

And lets not forget, this is a player who is new in the Premier League.
Good post

Hans Moleman

So i'm correct, he is younger..
Yes, that all important 5 months difference. And despite their similar age, Tielemans has played 4 full seasons at Anderlecht, 1 1/2 seasons at Monaco, and half a season at Leicester (where he was very impressive). Meanwhile, Longstaff has only just broken into the Newcastle team and only has a season at League One level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd rather see us sign both. We need someone who can sit, and we need someone who creates a little further forward. I don't see why it's either or.
I wouldn't be against signing both, but do prefer Longstaff if we were gonna only sign one.

C'est Moi Cantona

Let's be fair no one would have even mentioned Longstaff on here if the papers hadn't already, he'd be an interesting buy, but I wouldn't expect too much too soon, a bit like James, those expecting much first team impact from these two next season might be disappointed imo.

To me Tielemans would be good business, a highly rated young player who has had a blip, but quickly impressed when he came into the PL, has nailed down a place for a club that are likely to rival us this coming season, and will likely be available for a knock down price, this would surely be a wise move.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, that all important 5 months difference. And despite their similar age, Tielemans has played 4 full seasons at Anderlecht, 1 1/2 seasons at Monaco, and half a season at Leicester (where he was very impressive). Meanwhile, Longstaff has only just broken into the Newcastle team and only has a season at League One level.
Tielemans was a failure at Monaco and I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he did at Anderlecht.

SteveW

Me too. Club are probably waiting on Rabiot to decide. I'd happily sign all 3 and phase out/sell Fred, Matic and Pereira. But that's not gonna happen.

The Nani

I don’t know who this Longstaff is or who his marketing team are but they’re the ones Ed should sign.

Just imagine how much they’d fetch us for the deadwood. :drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t know who this Longstaff is or who his marketing team are but they’re the ones Ed should sign.

Just imagine how much they’d fetch us for the deadwood. :drool:
His marketing team is his left and right foot that have caught the attention of our scouts. Ed should definitely hire both pegs for our midfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Let's be fair no one would have even mentioned Longstaff on here if the papers hadn't already, he'd be an interesting buy, but I wouldn't expect too much too soon, a bit like James, those expecting much first team impact from these two next season might be disappointed imo.

To me Tielemans would be good business, a highly rated young player who has had a blip, but quickly impressed when he came into the PL, has nailed down a place for a club that are likely to rival us this coming season, and will likely be available for a knock down price, this would surely be a wise move.
If we are gonna be fair, then no one would've mentioned Tielemans either after his poor showing at Monaco. Both players are being judged due to their limited appearances in the English top flight for Newcastle and Leicester respectively.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If we are gonna be fair, then no one would've mentioned Tielemans either after his poor showing at Monaco. Both players are being judged due to their limited appearances in the English top flight for Newcastle and Leicester respectively.
Don't think anyone wants Tielemans on his Monaco form, he was very impressive in PL and that's the reason why many want him. Going by the reports, Monaco was just a blip.

C'est Moi Cantona

Fair point, but Tielemans did go to Monaco with a big reputation, and understandably so, and it's hardly a crime to have had a blip there recently, so we aren't just judging him on his short time with Leicester, but that did at least prove he is up the PL, and could yet be the player Monaco thought they were getting.

Varun

Staff
He had a career before Monaco.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Me too. Club are probably waiting on Rabiot to decide. I'd happily sign all 3 and phase out/sell Fred, Matic and Pereira. But that's not gonna happen.
That's what I'd do too. We'd have a balanced midfield with options.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Would offer a good option, PL experience, cheap, young and able to grow with the team.

Makes too much sense, plus he’s not British.
He hit the ground running from the word go in the PL. He was born to play in the PL.

Wicked long range shot and decent goal and assist ratio. Seems like a no brainer.
Could not agree more. Seems such an obvious signing to go for. These always seem like the signings we don’t make though

Status
Not open for further replies.