Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demaw

They mentioned he was upset about not being sold. Going to be a long season for him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They mentioned he was upset about not being sold. Going to be a long season for him.
He hasn’t helped himself with his performances over the last 6-12 months

Abraxas

Even on a free he's not that appealing at the moment. I don't care how much you want out, if you don't play professionally for your current team (and I'm not sure he has for most of last year) then you don't seem the best character to bring in for other clubs. What's to say he's not going to put in half arsed shifts for your club down the road?

NoPace

Played well the other day and can spot a pass, but I think he's lost a yard of pace already, presumably from playing so much football. Should probably leave the Prem and go to Serie A or Spain.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think we can certainly do better. With Eriksen in, we can take our time to analyze the options.

Sell Donny and get a midfielder in, next summer

NoPace

Think we can certainly do better. With Eriksen in, we can take our time to analyze the options.

Sell Donny and get a midfielder in, next summer
I think it might be Fred who goes. Ten Hag is only using him as fresh legs at the end of the game when we're ahead to give Eriksen a break and let him play as a 10 and have Bruno go wide and we have Antony and Sancho now with Rashford as fresh legs to play on the counter when we're ahead.

Probably similar market values all in all at around 15-20M I'd guess, and we need a #8 more anyways since we're in trouble if Eriksen gets hurt.

Bruno/(Eriksen)VDB
Eriksen/#8
Casemiro/McTominay

is more balanced, as we're not going to buy a new #10.

But I agree we can do better than Tielemans, even though it's hard to find #8s who can pass the ball. Tielemans' problem is the running part. Eriksen gets around the pitch much better.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think it might be Fred who goes. Ten Hag is only using him as fresh legs at the end of the game when we're ahead to give Eriksen a break and let him play as a 10 and have Bruno go wide and we have Antony and Sancho now with Rashford as fresh legs to play on the counter when we're ahead.

Probably similar market values all in all at around 15-20M I'd guess, and we need a #8 more anyways since we're in trouble if Eriksen gets hurt.

Bruno/(Eriksen)VDB
Eriksen/#8
Casemiro/McTominay

But I agree we can do better than Tielemans, even though it's hard to find #8s who can pass the ball. Tielemans' problem is the running part. Eriksen gets around the pitch much better.
I wouldn’t read into anything in terms of how players are being used this year given ETH’s need to rotate due to the fixture congestion. Erickson is performing well which will reduce the need to buy more midfielders in the near term.

RedDevilRoshi

I’m surprised Liverpool never went in for him and opted for Arthur Melo instead :houllier:

SoCross

Bruno/(Eriksen)VDB
Eriksen/#8
Casemiro/McTominay

At least Fred has been used with a clear purpose in mind. VDB doesn’t even have that. It should be VDB leaving if we want to create space for another midfielder.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t know him but his personality doesn’t seem Ten Hag style

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don’t know him but his personality doesn’t seem Ten Hag style
During pre-season/transfer window, there were a lot of tweets/rumors I read about how EtH has always liked him/been a fan. But not sure what the sources were or if they were maybe just being planted to gather interest in Tielemans as Arsenal seemed like the only one linked to him.

lysglimt

Scout
If you have Fred, Bruno, Eriksen, McTominay and Casemiro - why do people even want Tielemans ? We have depth - now we need quality. We need players who arguable are better than McTominay, better than Fred, maybe even better than Bruno and Eriksen. They are hard to find, but that's what we need

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've won a few games we don't need him.

If we lose a few again people will be all over this again.
Not me though, never saw it.

pogbasformerbarber

This guy is washed...amazing at his age, but I just don't see the potential he had just a few years ago. If I had to guess I would imagine it has to do with his effort.

MegadrivePerson

There was a lot of hype around him from a very young age but the truth is that apart from the odd moment, he's never really lived up to it.

He's a player that is nearly very good, but doesn't work hard enough out of possession.

He's twenty five and so far his career is Anderlecht, Monaco and Leicester. It's telling that Leicester were the biggest club to come in for him four years ago, and despite having a year left on his contract, no bigger clubs were bothered about signing him this summer either.

For me he's very much a typical youtube highlight's type of player. Very easy to focus on the time he popped a goal in from 30 yards out whilst ignoring all the times he's completely anonymous.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s got quality, but he’s not good enough physically. I don’t think it’s that he’s played too much football or lost a yard. He wasn’t good at Monaco and didn’t play all the time there. At Leicester he’s very good in moments, but he’s in and out of games because he can’t keep any kind of intensity up. Just off the eye-test, he’s got a really weird shape for quite a young footballer.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Crazy to think that he was the highest rated player on FIFA and FM a few years ago.

izec

He was never quick, but got even slower. However, the big issue is he lacks intensity. Plays like a 30 year old. I like him on the ball though, but now with Eriksen, we need a different type of midfielder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Played well the other day and can spot a pass, but I think he's lost a yard of pace already, presumably from playing so much football. Should probably leave the Prem and go to Serie A or Spain.
He has Juve on a free written all over. He's the type of creative-ish midfielder they're missing too.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is Mctominay better than him :annoyed:
Hard to say :lol: some players can be better then others but in worse form. That might be the case with this. Mctominay is just in better form… when both in form I’d say tielemans is ahead.

zenith

He'd be a bargain for 10 million or so in the summer. It'll give much needed depth to our midfield of eriksen is injured

OleGunnar20

I think he's a cracking talent and on a free why not, but his lack of consistency would be difficult to rely on
ETHs already shown he can turn players around if they're willing to work. Perhaps he'd be up for the challenge.

There's certainly talent there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't rate him. On a free he's worth the risk for somebody I suppose. I'd start Erisken over him anyday.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
On a free 100%, I'd take him over Fred long term as an option to bring on/start. I think United would be the best place for him honestly if he moves. And he will for free this summer.

I'd like a certain Jude too though, even if it means spending the rest of the budget on a striker.

croadyman

Think he will end up at City with contract up but would people take Kroos next summer

dinostar77

On a free next summer, definately. We need the squad to be full of talented players and competition for places is important.

Besides how ETH would use him and him playing alongside casemiro, ericcson etc could make all the difference to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.