Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I genuinely believe he is only rated by some for being Belgian. I think people view him as the next Belgian thing.

Mwooyo

Get ruben neves over this guy. Ruben is just better and covers more positions than Tielemanns. Both will be available in the summer

Last edited:

croadyman

Any chance we could do cheap deal for him AND Sabitzer on loan. Yeah I don't know where money is coming from either

Walters_19_MuFc

Think we'll get him in the summer if we can't get De Jong. He'll be free too, so not much of a risk and although he's not been great for Leicester this season, he's EPL proven and could really take himself to the next level with better players around him, no disrespect to Leicester.

I remember people saying at one point how he, Maddison and Ndidi were arguably the best midfield trio in the EPL, and when they were on it, they were a joy to watch.

Him and Eriksen rotating in that roaming playmaker position.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Think we'll get him in the summer if we can't get De Jong. He'll be free too, so not much of a risk and although he's not been great for Leicester this season, he's EPL proven and could really take himself to the next level with better players around him, no disrespect to Leicester.

I remember people saying at one point how he, Maddison and Ndidi were arguably the best midfield trio in the EPL, and when they were on it, they were a joy to watch.

Him and Eriksen rotating in that roaming playmaker position.
I really like him and was massively surprised he wasn’t picked up last summer when Leicester were screaming for money. I’m not sure he can dictate a game like Eriksen but he’s a rare player in that he has that quality range of passing that Eriksen does, and probably a better shot

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he'll be found out when he leaves us, I've become convinced of that, in our first choice midfield 3 I wouldn't even start him, I'd have Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall and Maddison

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
he'll be found out when he leaves us, I've become convinced of that, in our first choice midfield 3 I wouldn't even start him, I'd have Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall and Maddison
2 years ago he looked a world beater though in that same midfield. Maybe it's a mentality issue.

mu4c_20le

Barely looks like a footballer these days. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole,

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
2 years ago he looked a world beater though in that same midfield. Maybe it's a mentality issue.
he had an agent filling his head with talk of moves to places like Barca, should have sold then when he first turned down a contract offer

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He was scoring screamers quite frequently but he never seemed particularly good at being a midfielder. Not as bad as he is now but I don’t think he was ever at the level sufficient to get him a move to a top team and cement his place in a starting XI there.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don’t understand the love for him on here. Bang average.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has been found out a long time ago, keep in mind that Monaco wanted rid of him.

vodrake

Technically sound but otherwise mentality and physically wise a pretty limited player who gets overhyped for banging in a 30 yard screamer on MOTD once or twice a season.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

He’s a good player and would be a really good option here. The problem with him is his attitude is quite bad. I think he’s massively downed tools at Leicester since scoring that cup final goal.

He seems like one of these players who goes through the motions a lot…
He’s definitely not the shite level he’s showing now. I’d take him on a free and see if ten haag could light a fire in his belly as he did with rashford who last season basically looked like he couldn’t be fecked to even walk onto the pitch.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Good player, but his dip in form and performances has been alarming. He was shooting for a nice signing on fee from Arsenal/United 18 months ago, but I now think he is looking more at the Aston Villas and Evertons for a free transfer move. Possibly a AC Milan or Roma if he fancies it.

MadMike

Running down your contract while playing shit is a bit of a risky strategy. He didn’t have enough stock going into this season for top teams to still consider him, after this level of performances. I see him being picked up by an Italian club, since those seem more keen to take a risk in search of bargains.

Last edited:

Abraxas

He’s a good player and would be a really good option here. The problem with him is his attitude is quite bad. I think he’s massively downed tools at Leicester since scoring that cup final goal.

He seems like one of these players who goes through the motions a lot…
He’s definitely not the shite level he’s showing now. I’d take him on a free and see if ten haag could light a fire in his belly as he did with rashford who last season basically looked like he couldn’t be fecked to even walk onto the pitch.
You say he'd be a "really good option" but absolutely everything you say runs counter to that idea.

I think you're right in your analysis and should have stuck with that, his attitude sucks. If you are not the right character at Leicester where there is bugger all expectation except to train, play well and achieve a respectable league position, how is he going to come into an environment where the demand is ultra professionalism, high standards and to win? That's the new demand anyway, under this manager.

He's not good enough to compensate for his flaws and even if he was I don't see a first teamer, at which point..why even bother with the hassle of getting him up to standard. Get someone that shows the right stuff to begin with.

hobbers

Wouldnt get a kick under the Hag. Even on a free would just be pissing money away.

Ludens the Red

You say he'd be a "really good option" but absolutely everything you say runs counter to that idea.

I think you're right in your analysis and should have stuck with that, his attitude sucks. If you are not the right character at Leicester where there is bugger all expectation except to train, play well and achieve a respectable league position, how is he going to come into an environment where the demand is ultra professionalism, high standards and to win? That's the new demand anyway, under this manager.

He's not good enough to compensate for his flaws and even if he was I don't see a first teamer, at which point..why even bother with the hassle of getting him up to standard. Get someone that shows the right stuff to begin with.
I see what you’re saying but the point being is that he’s in this place ‘at the moment’… He has shown before that he can be a player that can be relied upon.
Marcus Rashford was bordering on unprofessional last season. Tielemans is the same age.. You can’t underestimate what a top manager can do with a player who’s lost their way.

It’s also relevant to mention that this would be a free punt. I wouldn’t lobby for it if we were paying 50/60 million.

Bebestation

People just rate him because he is Belgian and think he is the next generation of De Bruyne & Hazard.

People talk about how English players are overrated and overpriced all the time - but players all across the world are overrated constantly.

Bebestation

I see what you’re saying but the point being is that he’s in this place ‘at the moment’… He has shown before that he can be a player that can be relied upon.
Marcus Rashford was bordering on unprofessional last season. Tielemans is the same age.. You can’t underestimate what a top manager can do with a player who’s lost their way.

It’s also relevant to mention that this would be a free punt. I wouldn’t lobby for it if we were paying 50/60 million.
The whole team was shit last year including the manager.

Rashford has had quality seasons before and that’s why some fans stayed quiet whilst others were raging at arguably our best player having quiet games.

Tielemans hasn’t had a full out good season IMO - just some performances.

Ludens the Red

The whole team was shit last year including the manager.

Rashford has had quality seasons before and that’s why some fans stayed quiet whilst others were raging at arguably our best player having quiet games.

Tielemans hasn’t had a full out good season IMO - just some performances.
Haha, that’s a bit generous. He was really really bad and completely lost focus. I’m delighted he’s now at the level he’s at but let’s call a spade a spade.
Also Tielemans was very good through the whole covid season 20/21. Sure our resident Leicester fans would back that up.

Telsim

because he would take up a squad place, be injured often, lack the intensity needed and block the path to a youngster who could do his job.
Nah, surely we will free a lot of space this summer? There's a lot of deadwood that needs moving on, and he'd be good back up. I'm not suggesting we bring him as a regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.