Youri Tielemans | signs for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

032Devil

Some Leicester fans felt he was waving goodbye at the end of the final game today. He's at the end of his contract and a few views of there fans is that United might be in for him.

Chairman Steve

Been interested in him even since he played against Utd in the Europa League for Anderlecht. We absolutely should try for him if Pogba leaves.

BlahRules

If we do sign him then maybe we can finally have a player that can dictate the game and keep the ball when we're winning.

Oranges038

Some Leicester fans felt he was waving goodbye at the end of the final game today. He's at the end of his contract and a few views of there fans is that United might be in for him.

He's got two years left on his current deal.

Impressed with him every time I've seen him play. Not sure how good he really is or how good he can be, but he's one that should be considered.

I'd also be looking at Fofana too, he looks like he's got a bit about him.

Haddock

If it's a reasonable price (which it won't be), we should buy him. He's a brilliant player, a proper centre midfielder who can pull the strings in midfield and slow things down. They are probably the rarest players in the game. We lost out on Modric, we should at least make an attempt to lure Tielemans.

Bwuk

He’s a brilliant player but don’t see him coming here.

Teja

I hope he comes, he'd be an improvement over Fred / McT and I say that as someone who actually likes the McFred partnership.

Red_toad

His contract is only for 4 years, smart kid.
Tbh if you’re joining a club you’re pretty sure you’ll outgrow, then don’t do a Kane. Even a 4 year deal is a long time for someone who’s probably got a 14 year professional career. If he wants champions league football on a regular basis he’s not getting that with Leicester. He’s done very well there, better than I expected.

AkaAkuma

Of all the teams missing out on CL, this is probably the best for us. IF we have any interest in signing him.

The White Pele

If we continue with a double pivot then Tielemans would be an excellent upgrade.

However, that still leaves the conundrum of where to play Pogba.

Gordon S

I like this rumour! A player that can create from a deeper position is needed. Scott and Fred both fall short in that regard.

Nick7

He'll be very expensive this summer, it's the last chance Leicester have to get a huge amount of money. I think he's a decent player.

Oldyella

If we continue with a double pivot then Tielemans would be an excellent upgrade.

However, that still leaves the conundrum of where to play Pogba.
I like Pogba but if Ole wants to stick with this formation it's going to be a conundrum for the rest of his time here.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s an interesting one, that. I think it’s a season too soon though in terms of value for money, and I’m not 100% where he fits specifically for any of the bigger sides.

If he lets it run out another season or until January - he’s then got a year/year and a half left and the bigger European teams open up as potential options also.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They are signing Soumare. Is he more like Ndidi or Tielmans.

Would’ve thought one may make way for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has he been that good this season, or is the hype caused by the cup final goal? Have to admit I've never really been convinced by him, and he usually came across as someone who is gifted on the ball who did well given time and space but didn't have the quality in tighter situations nor the engine/mobility required.

Lynty

Great player. If we are in for him, sign we're sticking with the midfield two instead of searching for a holding DM.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has he been that good this season, or is the hype caused by the cup final goal? Have to admit I've never really been convinced by him, and he usually came across as someone who is gifted on the ball who did well given time and space but didn't have the quality in tighter situations nor the engine/mobility required.
Like a lot of the current Leicester team, I’d say he’s good, but he’s not that good.

Jaxa

Still two years left on his contract, hardly the end, Leicester do not have to sell him and they will definitely hold out for a large fee 60m or above which he isn't worth,

If it was 1 year then maybe you could snap him for 20-25m.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Still two years left on his contract, hardly the end, Leicester do not have to sell him and they will definitely hold out for a large fee 60m or above which he isn't worth,

If it was 1 year then maybe you could snap him for 20-25m.
That makes little sense, why would you keep him if you're only going to get 20-25 next year and conversely, why would anyone not just wait a year for him seeing as he's only 24? They would sell for 40-45 if they know he's not going to sign a new deal. They'll recoup what they bought him for, plus get a replacement for cheaper.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like him. But with 2 years left he will cost double what he will cost in a years time. Is it worth a gamble before City or Liverpool snap him up?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
That makes little sense, why would you keep him if you're only going to get 20-25 next year and conversely, why would anyone not just wait a year for him seeing as he's only 24? They would sell for 40-45 if they know he's not going to sign a new deal. They'll recoup what they bought him for, plus get a replacement for cheaper.
Maybe we should get an inside man inside the Leicester scouting staff to find out who Tielmans replacement would be if he is sold and buy him instead. Leicester have an uncanny habit of selling players for a lot more than they bought them for then buying cheaper options who have a habit of turning out just as good as the ones they sold.

bsCallout

Not sure he is the style of midfielder we need at all. We'd be ripped apart defensively again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Soumare is joining them. While he may not be his exact replacement, they might not have to look for a replacement immediately. Point being, they won't be desperate to sell him or buy a replacement this year.

Would love to have him but don't see it happening unless Pogba is leaving. We have other pressing needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.