Youssoufa Moukoko

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It feels like a long time that they've been talking about him, I can't wait to see him in the mens game and see if he can convert to it well.

He seems like a huge talent though and doesn't rely on physical attributes which usually people with this sort of record have at a young age.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I found it pretty interesting how painstakingly the initial report about the match in kicker dances around using the word "racist"

https://www.kicker.de/ein-geiler-zo...-entscheidet-derby-auf-schalke-787435/artikel
To be fair to the Kicker guy I couldn't hear any racist remarks on the video of the incident and no one on the pitch gave an indication of it either. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if someone who is triggered and stupid enough to shout the stuff that is clearly audible on the video would also go to racism and of course Moukoko himself made a post where he said he's proud of his skin colour, though to be fair to Kicker - again - Moukoko's reaction came long after Kicker published that article.

Last edited:

arthurka

This season so far in U19 Bundesliga and the Junioren-DFB-Pokal: 3 games, 3 hattricks. One of which in a derby win at Schalke. The kid is ridiculous :lol:

Will be interesting to see whether he gets minutes already this season, once he's turned 16 in November.
I going with yes on this one.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s been training with the first team for a year and they’ve tried to request permission to play him before he’s 16. He’s guaranteed to be straight in there once he hits 16.

Was also racially abused during that Schalke match.
Feck me, by players?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To be fair to the Kicker guy I couldn't hear any racist remarks on the video of the incident and no one on the pitch gave an indication of it either. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if someone who is triggered and stupid enough to shout the stuff that is clearly audible on the video would also go to racism and of course Moukoko himself made a post where he said he's proud of his skin colour, though to be fair to Kicker - again - Moukoko's reaction came long after Kicker published that article.
How fecked up do you have to be to racially abuse a 15 year old as an adult man. Football support really brings out the worst of people sometimes.

MattofManchester

How fecked up do you have to be to racially abuse a 15 year old as an adult man. Football support really brings out the worst of people sometimes.
How fecked up do you have to be to racially abuse anyone. Doesn't matter how old they are. Needs to be more crackdown on this nonsense.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
How fecked up do you have to be to racially abuse anyone. Doesn't matter how old they are. Needs to be more crackdown on this nonsense.
exactly - I suspect it is a very narrow subset of people who believe its ok to racially abuse him when hes 18 or some other arbitrary age but not at 15 ... one would hope that with so few fans there it would be easy for shalke to identify them and take action?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It happens everyday in every setting. Not sure you are ever going to get rid of it.

All you can do is continue to educate

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Didn't want to imply it's acceptable under any circumstances. But I think every crime is even more despicable if it is directed against a child.

Caesar2290

Just finished watching the video below and I'm impressed. Joachim Low said: "Moukoko is an explosive talent. He is a force of nature". I haven't heard anyone talk about a footballer like that since R9.

So what does the CAF think: are we looking at a R9 regen or is he going to go down the path of Freddy Adu?

Also if he keeps developing it's going to be interesting to read threads about "Greenwood vs Moukoko"(similar to Rashford vs Mbape)

breath

No way he's 16, might be a similar case to that of Stuttgart player. impersonating the real Moukoko.
Heard that his father is 66! does one get born old when sired by old sperms?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
No way he's 16, might be a similar case to that of Stuttgart player. impersonating the real Moukoko.
Please don't start this stupid discussion again...

jdotman

wtf is this borderline racist shit?
I understand the offence but as an african myslef this is not racist. So many kids from africa are born without a birth certificate and lie about their age when they come over to europe :lol: the way I see it is if hes good enough then hes good enough regardless of age

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn’t he (Silas) turn out to be 1 year older?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I understand the offence but as an african myslef this is not racist. So many kids from africa are born without a birth certificate and lie about their age when they come over to europe :lol: the way I see it is if hes good enough then hes good enough regardless of age
Yeah I've read countless interviews from african players saying that they pretty much all lied about their age. We're not talking about 10 or 20% but over 90%. It's probably less now but i'd say it's still pretty common. Even without being racist it's hard not to wonder when a player looks a lot older than his alleged age (sorry french sources) :

https://www.lesinrocks.com/actu/en-...e-au-trafic-detres-humains-136493-27-02-2018/

https://www.caviarmagazine.fr/karel-brokken-95-des-joueurs-africains-trichent-sur-leur-age/

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No, this kid already is a German U21 international. A lot of that happening. Actually im being a bit hypocritical because Ireland is starting to benefit from the African youngsters coming up through.
He’s been playing in Germany‘s youth teams since the U16. He moved to Germany (where his father had been living as a German citizen since the 1990s) in 2014. He probably identifies as German by now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah I've read countless interviews from african players saying that they pretty much all lied about their age. We're not talking about 10 or 20% but over 90%. It's probably less now but i'd say it's still pretty common. Even without being racist it's hard not to wonder when a player looks a lot older than his alleged age (sorry french sources) :

https://www.lesinrocks.com/actu/en-...e-au-trafic-detres-humains-136493-27-02-2018/

https://www.caviarmagazine.fr/karel-brokken-95-des-joueurs-africains-trichent-sur-leur-age/
Thing with Moukoko is, he was still growing until recently. Even if the age wasn't perfectly accurate, he could be one or two years older at most. So at the very least he smashed every youth record there was in his age group, at best he did so two or three years younger than the others.

So let's see how it goes for him. I saw a few of his professional matches and the thing that impressed me the most was his finishing but, to be honest, that aside, he didn't stand out. Very curious how he'll perform once he really settles in.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Thing with Moukoko is, he was still growing until recently. Even if the age wasn't perfectly accurate, he could be one or two years older at most. So at the very least he smashed every youth record there was in his age group, at best he did so two or three years younger than the others.

So let's see how it goes for him. I saw a few of his professional matches and the thing that impressed me the most was his finishing but, to be honest, that aside, he didn't stand out. Very curious how he'll perform once he really settles in.
Yeah time will tell, i don't want to dig too much into that since none of us have a clue. I just remember thinking "no way he's 12" when I saw this picture (other than that, its only conjectures) :

Daniel_de_Foe

Supports
Member of the BLPA
I wonder which staff member thinks i`ts okay when people accuse a minor of possible age fraud on this forum.

Especcially if said minor has been accused of this since his 12. birthday, mostly with racist undertones.

feck those people

Baneofthegame

I wonder which staff member thinks i`ts okay when people accuse a minor of possible age fraud on this forum.

Especcially if said minor has been accused of this since his 12. birthday, mostly with racist undertones.

feck those people
I don’t think anyone has accused Moukoko himself of age fraud, unless I’ve missed it.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Everything is nowadays racist :houllier:

I lived in Lagos and Kampala for 10 months.......i would say 40% have no birth certificate and 30-40% of the birth certificate are insufficient.
Which would have made it pretty much impossible for Moukoko to get entered in the German birth register and receive a German birth certicifate subsequently in 2016.

This is a non mandatory service provided by German register offices to make bureaucratic processes afterwards smoother. It costs a bit, ranging from 100 € up to 300 € depending on the administration.

In difference to other documents like residence permits, refugee passports or even proof of German citizenship the review process of the circumstances, especially the place and date of the birth is far more throurough because to be entered into the birthing register the date and place has to be proven beyond legal doubt (so guess dates that are common with a lot of foreigners and are then registered as either the first or 15th of the month or even the 1st of June if the year is not clear are not enough). This process usually entails sending in foreign birth certificates to check for forgeries and communications with the local authorities and the German consult.

This process usually takes a couple of weeks for adults. For minors it takes even longer as there is even more scrutiny as the age directly interacts with a lot personal rights (drivers license, drinking and voting age and so on).

The moment Moukokos family and Dortmund could procure said German birth certificate this whole debate should have died out. You can also count on the fact that the city of Hamburg, who granted said certificate double and tripple checked the review process when the topic became a news topic to protect themselves from both embarassment and legal trouble.

There are two things that are pretty certain in this matter: Moukoko is 16 years old right now and German bureaucracy is no joke.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
What the…? The boy is 16, he even looks it!!

MattofManchester

Everything is nowadays racist :houllier:

I lived in Lagos and Kampala for 10 months.......i would say 40% have no birth certificate and 30-40% of the birth certificate are insufficient.
I wonder. Did you validate each of these yourself to confirm your reasoning?

I imagine most would be unlikely to supply a birth certificate to some random tourist having a walk up to them and demanding one.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I wonder. Did you validate each of these yourself to confirm your reasoning?

I imagine most would be unlikely to supply a birth certificate to some random tourist having a walk up to them and demanding one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: