Youth Cup 1/4 against Barcelona

NobbyStiles_

I've been very impressed by our guys today in the first half. We could have scored 3-4 goals and our attacks are very good. The main reason for that is Brandy. What a player! Right now we are leading 1-0 after goal by Keira nLee.

Our top 3 players in frst half...

1) Brandy - Keep playing like this and we got our "dark" Wayne Rooney next year
2) Barnes - Running like hell on left wing. Fast, but I wonder why don't he play on right?
3) Heawson - Making sure we have cover when we attack. Playing very mature.

ANWAR

I've been very impressed by our guys today in the first half. We could have scored 3-4 goals and our attacks are very good. The main reason for that is Brandy. What a player! Right now we are leading 1-0 after goal by Keira nLee.

Our top 3 players in frst half...

1) Brandy - Keep playing like this and we got our "dark" Wayne Rooney next year
2) Barnes - Running like hell on left wing. Fast, but I wonder why don't he play on right?
3) Heawson - Making sure we have cover when we attack. Playing very mature.
brandy is one hell of a player, if only he wasn't built like a twelve year old...

I've been EXTREMELY impressed with our youth teams performances, final of the milk cup even though we had one of the youngest teams in the tournament, now in the quarters against some of the best youngsters in the world, it is an even better feat considering that some of the best players aren't even there (they were at the milk cup).

NobbyStiles_

Barcelona is putting us under pressure but no chances yet from Barca. We have took 5 steps back on the pitch and are trying only to defend right now.

Ref. is letting the game get dirty. There is a little chance that we can se a small fight soon. It has already been 5-6 very tough tackels and players upset with eachother after that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
is it on the tv, mutv or sky ????
It's on Eurosport.

Brandy looks some player, quick, good technique and dribbling skills and a good shot.

Barnes could be one for the future aswell, while Evans gives away possession constantly

NobbyStiles_

We just missed a great chance. 3 players against Barca's keeper and somehow we missed. SHOCKING!

However, Brandy is keeping Barca busy. he is damn good!

Oh, another stter missed now...

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
None of them look like future players for United, but many of them have enough to have good careers in the game.

NobbyStiles_

None of them look like future players for United, but many of them have enough to have good careers in the game.
Zieler looks good back there and Brandy is definitly one for the future. Looks stronger and quicker. There are some who can make it, but we'll see how they progress through the season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We just beat Barcelona, who apparently have one of the best youth teams.

Glory Glory ManUtd

rotherham_red

also, i gotta say, brandy is a potentially amazing player! he's a dribbling prodigy, he can easily slip past 4-5 players on his own, brilliant! the one thing i am scared of though, is that he is so good, that the opposition have to resort to cheap and dirty tactics against him, which could lead to injuries...

krazyrobus

Couldn't be Dos Santos. He's over 16 and is currently in Asia playing with the full Barca team.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
But it's an under 18 tournament, right?

As for Brandy, he is a tiny wee fecker. But so is Messi.

Obviously a stupid comparison to make (no pressure, Fabien!) but if you're good enough you're big enough, IMO.
It's Febien though

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
brandy is one hell of a player, if only he wasn't built like a twelve year old...

I've been EXTREMELY impressed with our youth teams performances, final of the milk cup even though we had one of the youngest teams in the tournament, now in the quarters against some of the best youngsters in the world, it is an even better feat considering that some of the best players aren't even there (they were at the milk cup).
Not true Anwar......the team in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup were made up of 15 and 16 year olds....a very young side who did well against players much older.

The CYC squad is for 18-19 year olds! We are missing Galbraith, Cleverley, Fagan and one or two others from our youth squad from last season. Therefore Norwood and Moffatt were drafted in. You could argue that Eikrem and Welbeck should have been in the team but again they are very young. But all our best players are in Malaysia!

Saying that, I agree that we are playing well under difficult conditions and with a small squad.

Anyone know who Anton Bryan came on for?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Nobby, there is a youth forum with a few threads on this tournament already. Use it for feck's sake! It's shockingly underused and will continue to be so if people keep using the main forum every time something big goes down. Might as well not have a youth forum then.. Mods, move this thread to where it belongs.

Decotron

Not true Anwar......the team in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup were made up of 15 and 16 year olds....a very young side who did well against players much older.

The CYC squad is for 18-19 year olds! We are missing Galbraith, Cleverley, Fagan and one or two others from our youth squad from last season. Therefore Norwood and Moffatt were drafted in. You could argue that Eikrem and Welbeck should have been in the team but again they are very young. But all our best players are in Malaysia!

Saying that, I agree that we are playing well under difficult conditions and with a small squad.

Anyone know who Anton Bryan came on for?
Im a serious fan of Wellbeck looks a great prospect. Anyone got any details about the portugese youngster we signed from Walsall a while back? Is he still a school boy or will he make some reserves appearances this season???

charleysurf

I am delighted about my existence but I probably won't be come 10:45pm BST.

Football makes me a moody cnut and if we have a bad result tonight and you cross me again you're fecking dead meat.
We may well have a bad result tonight but you'll just go crying to mummy and then pollute this forum with your "analysis".

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Im a serious fan of Wellbeck looks a great prospect. Anyone got any details about the portugese youngster we signed from Walsall a while back? Is he still a school boy or will he make some reserves appearances this season???

His name's Brandao. Played in the Youth Cup last season. Probably get some reserve football this season.

charleysurf

Brandao (?) played in the Milk Cup team recently. Got good reviews, as did Wellbeck.