Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
New season, new thread.

Perhaps someone can start with some info on the upcoming N.I Milk Cup teams we expect to field

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
PREMIER SECTION

Monday, August 1 – Jomo Cosmos v Cherry Orchard; South African School of Excellence v Co. Antrim; BK Callies (SA) v Co. Fermanagh; Feyenoord v Shamrock Rovers; Barcelona v Botafogo; FC Porto v Otago; Benfica v Livingston; CSKA Moscow v Cruz Azul (Mexico); Chelsea v Co. Tyrone; Manchester Utd v Co. Londonderry; Sheffield Utd v Co. Down; Newcastle Utd v Co. Armagh.

Tuesday, August 2 – Benfica v Cherry Orchard; Barcelona v Shamrock Rovers; CSKA Moscow v Co. Fermanagh; Porto v Co. Antrim; Sheffield Utd v BK Callies (SA); Newcastle Utd v South African School of Excellence; Chelsea v Feyenoord; Manchester Utd v Jomo Cosmos (SA); Botafogo v Co. Londonderry; Cruz Azul v Co Tyrone; Otago v Co. Down; Livingston v Co. Armagh.

JUNIOR SECTION

Monday, August 1 - Stoke City v Cherry Orchard; Hearts v Home Farm; Ipswich Town v Dundalk Schoolboys; AIK Stockholm v Queen of the South; Liaoning (China) v Hibernian; Maccabi Haifa (Israel) v Kilmarnock; Everton v Co. Down; Crewe Alexandra v Co. Londonderry; Swindon Town v Co. Antrim; CSKA Moscow v Co. Armagh; CBF Esperanca (Brazil) v Co. Tyrone; Costa Rica v Co. Fermanagh.

Tuesday, August 2 – Swindon Town v Kilmarnock; Crewe Alexandra v Hibernian; Everton v Queen of the South; Home Farm v Costa Rica; Cherry Orchard v CSKA Moscow; Dundalk Schoolboys v CBF Esperanca; Ipswich Town v Co. Fermanagh; Stoke City v Co Tyrone; Hearts v Co. Armagh; Co. Down v Maccabi Haifa; Co Antrim v AIK Stockholm; Co. Londonderry v Liaoning (China).

Doesnt look like we have a junior team competing this year..can anyone confirm? Some new teams entered this year including Barcelona, gonna be tough competition.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
got a feeling oscar will dominate this thread, and i love him for it

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
What are youre opinions on the finnish lad Puustinen?

I have never seen him play so I´d like to know if you think he´ll make it or if he isnt good enough.

Dubai_Devil

very Ruud said:
What are youre opinions on the finnish lad Puustinen?

I have never seen him play so I´d like to know if you think he´ll make it or if he isnt good enough.
Ive only seen him in a full game once, which was in the youth cup, and he was terrible. Ive seen highlights of the U18s and he has been scoring goals but its hard to tell what his overall play is like until he makes the step up to reserve level but right now my instincts tell me that he isnt going to make it.

oskarutd

The Marveld tournement 28th-29th of May.

Wedstrijd
Uitslag
Scheidsrechter

10.00 uur

Supersport-Feyenoord
Partizan Belgrado

2-1

Dhr. Gozubuyuk

10.00 uur

Manchester United
AJAX

1-2

Dhr. Hoopman

10.00 uur

P.S.V.
S.V. Grol

2-0

Dhr. van Meenen

11.40 uur

AJAX
S.V. Grol

4-0

Dhr. Niels

11.40 uur

Supersport-Feyenoord
P.S.V.

0-1

Mr. Johnson

11.40 uur

Partizan Belgrado
Manchester United

1-0

Dhr. Gozubuyuk

14.00 uur

P.S.V.
Manchester United

2-2

Dhr. van Dongen

14.00 uur

S.V. Grol
Supersport-Feyenoord

0-8

Dhr. Smit

14.00 uur

AJAX
Partizan Belgrado

0-0

Dhr. Niels

15.40 uur

AJAX
P.S.V.

1-0

Dhr. van Meenen

15.40 uur

Supersport-FeyenoordManchester United

3-0

Dhr. Sanders

15.40 uur

Partizan Belgrado
S.V. Grol

8-0

Dhr. van Donge

And the teams ended in these positions:
1. F.C. Barcelona

2. Feyenoord

3. Ajax

4. Supersport – Feyenoord

5. P.S.V.

6. Bayer '04 Leverkusen

7. Partizan Belgrado

8. F.C. Schalke ‘04

9. Manchester United

10. F.C. Twente / Heracles

11. S.C. Heerenveen

12. S.V. Grol

Better luck next time boys!

source

oskarutd

From Antwerps site

Souleymane Mamam shut to its return from holiday in its home country Togo Wednesday at at the head power of coach Regi Van Acker. Yet the very same Wednesday he sat again on the airplane after an oproeping of its mother club Manchester Utd. The young flank player will walk a soft training period in England on the trained complex of the English club.

Good to know, I guess this means that he is at Carrington for few days training with the club.

kanchelskis14

oskarutd said:
Souleymane Mamam shut to its return from holiday in its home country Togo Wednesday at at the head power of coach Regi Van Acker. Yet the very same Wednesday he sat again on the airplane after an oproeping of its mother club Manchester Utd. The young flank player will walk a soft training period in England on the trained complex of the English club.

Good to know, I guess this means that he is at Carrington for few days training with the club.
Does anyone have any info on this guy, i heard he is talented.

Danish Wizard

Was it him who played for his national team at age 14-15 or something like that, or was that another one of our young arabic talents.?

Anyway, I don't think any of these players will make it at United.!

mista john

Danish Wizard said:
Was it him who played for his national team at age 14-15 or something like that, or was that another one of our young arabic talents.?

Souleymane Mamam is "said to have played" for Togo aged 13. He did spend some time at Old Trafford last week but I agree, Mamam and Dong are a 1000 miles from ever playing at OT in the senior teams.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Any news on Darron Gibson? Some posters on here raved about him last season as a player with a promising future.

Any news on if the following players will go on loan?
GK- Heaton, Steele
DEF- McShane, Bardsley, Pique, Eckersley, Picken, Howard
MID- D Jones, R Jones, Timm, N'Galula
WING- Eagles, Martin, Evans, Heath
FW- Rossi, Cooper, Johnson, Marsh, Ebanks-Blake

And what trainees received professional contracts this summer?

Rumors on potential youth signings?

oskarutd

MrMarcello said:
Any news on Darron Gibson? Some posters on here raved about him last season as a player with a promising future.

GK- Heaton, Steele
DEF- McShane, Bardsley, Pique, Eckersley, Picken, Howard
MID- D Jones, R Jones, Timm, N'Galula
WING- Eagles, Martin, Evans, Heath
FW- Rossi, Cooper, Johnson, Marsh, Ebanks-Blake

Rumors on potential youth signings?
Howard is released.
Timm will not be compleatly free until september.
About Heath:
Heath and Fox “I’ve also made a proposal to the agent of Manchester United youngster Colin Heath and I’m just awaiting a response from all the parties involved.” taken from Darlington site source he seems to be still on our books. Weren´t he and Fox supposed to leave us after last season?
Johnson is on loan with Crewe for the season.
Sean Evans is only going into his second year in the academy so he will not go on loan.
MCShane is wanted by Swindon and Falkirk among others for loan for the season.

oskarutd

MrMarcello said:
Brandy, Nardiello, M., Hewson, Eckersley, R., Chester and Robert-Zieler

MrMarcello

oskarutd said:
Brandu, Nardiello, Hewson, Eckersley, Chester and Robert-Zieler
I thought Nardiello was already on professional terms and has been released?

And Ziegler is 16, so he can't sign professional terms, correct?

Who is Chester and who is Hewson?

oskarutd

MrMarcello said:
I thought Nardiello was already on professional terms and has been released?

And Ziegler is 16, so he can't sign professional terms, correct?

Who is Chester and who is Hewson?
Michael Nardiello, Not Daniel.
Zieler is now 17. James Chester is cental defender, Sam Hewson is a midfielder, who played a few games for the u-18 last year.

Epic

MrMarcello said:

DEF- Pique
there was a rumour about Pique following Eddie Johnson to Crewe

oskarutd

Manchester United nike premier cup

We lost 0-2 against Espanyol today and drew 1-1 Ulsan Huyondai. Drinkwater scored after8 mins, they scored after 12 mins.

soccerbest

Reserves Run Riot
United's second string emulated the first-team's free-scoring start to the pre-season campaign with a crushing win at Lancaster on Wednesday. David Fox put the visitors ahead after 12 minutes, before Kenny Cooper's deflected effort doubled the lead just before the half-hour. Chris Eagles netted a header shortly afterwards, before grabbing his second on 72 minutes with an inspirational lob from the centre circle which left Lancaster keeper Ryan Yeomans stranded. The scoring was completed six minutes from time by Finnish striker Jami Puustinen.
Source: ManUtd.com News

Epic

I though Fox was released, good player, but he's never going to make it

MrMarcello

Epic said:
I though Fox was released, good player, but he's never going to make it
Me too.

Maybe they brought him back for a trial period before offering a contract. He's a good DM type, but not United material. Probably bound for a career in 2nd division...oopps...the Championship. :houllier:

RedPhil1957

MrMarcello said:
Me too.

Maybe they brought him back for a trial period before offering a contract. He's a good DM type, but not United material. Probably bound for a career in 2nd division...oopps...the Championship. :houllier:

Fox was allowed to speak to other clubs at the end of last season but so far has not moved, he came back from his loan deal a much better player and has got a great attitude on and off the pitch so i think the club is quite happy for him to take his time because of his positive influence on the younger players

MrMarcello

Danish Wizard said:

FIFA.com have him listed as youngest player in a preliminary match.

YOUNGEST / OLDEST PLAYER
(Years/Days)
17 /41 Norman Whiteside, NIR 1982 NIR-YUG
Preliminary Competition:
13 /310 Souleymane Mamam, TOG 06.05.01 TOG-ZAM

42 /039 Roger Milla, CMR 1994 CMR-RUS
Preliminary Competition:
46 /180 MacDonald Taylor, VIR 18.02.04 VIR-SKN

oskarutd

From the Newbies: (GeorgeIrwell-up for promotion soon??)
Ron-Robert Zieler played an hour for the U18s yesterday against Oldham at Carrington. He conceded one goal in the first few minutes, Lee Crockett conceded the other near the end. They lost 0-2.
Interestingly, the game was played in three thirds of 30 minutes each. Oldham only brought 11 players and 2 staff, while United used 17 players in all, and I counted 28 United people (staff, subs and unused squad members) on the sideline as well as the 11 on the pitch at the time!

I'm not entirely sure who was playing, it was mainly the new intake with only Danny Rose, Kieran Lee, Sean Evans and Lee Crockett of the 2nd years. I'm not sure of most of the names as I haven't got a Members Yearbook.
Febian Brandy played right wing, Sam Hewson central midfield, two lads called "Rueben" and "Christie" (Irish lad) up front. Richard Eckersley was left back, "Remo" was right-back, "Craig" and Chesters centre back. Other subs were: Adie Bellamy came on at centre back, "Chunks" at left back, "Anton" at right wing and "Jimmy" (James Derbyshire??) in midfield.

Anton- Antonio Bryan?

Does anyone know the other players?

oskarutd

In the team against Rossendale there was 1 player I couldn´t recognize, the number 16, he was big and looked kinda like a boxer. He is black. Not Simpson, Burns, N´Galula, Blake or Brandy.
He was shownon the team bench on MUTV.
Do you know whom he is?
Or the new players in u-18?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
what's going on with blake? is he back playing yet? tell me, mr.oscar...

oskarutd

Elliott said:
what's going on with blake? is he back playing yet? tell me, mr.oscar...
I believe he hasn´t played yet, still recovering. But I do not know for sure.
On a happy note, it was good to hear that Mads Timm got a game against Walsall.