Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
would be a bit strange if we let him go, but mulensteen made him captain for the reserves to test his character this season and if he didn't respond then that could be enough to push him out the door. not a big loss the way i see it

HKRed

oskarutd said:
Please get him to spil the beans on on the released players if you can!

:smirk:
Neumayr was released but has come out with the squad in the end because they didn't have enough players. There is a big tournament in Switzerland next week and they are sending a full squad out. Rene wanted to keep working with him for another 12 months and farm him out on loan, so someone made an arbitrary decision to let him go by the sound of it. Neumayr has an offer from a German club, Duisburg I think it is, but nothing signed yet because he's talking to a couple of other clubs.

Madds Timm is one of the best young players they had, but he can't get his head sorted so he was released.

He reckons David Jones has everything except pace off the mark and he'll make it if he can get his mental game right. Time will tell.

oskarutd

HKRed said:
Neumayr was released but has come out with the squad in the end because they didn't have enough players. There is a big tournament in Switzerland next week and they are sending a full squad out. Rene wanted to keep working with him for another 12 months and farm him out on loan, so someone made an arbitrary decision to let him go by the sound of it. Neumayr has an offer from a German club, Duisburg I think it is, but nothing signed yet because he's talking to a couple of other clubs.

Madds Timm is one of the best young players they had, but he can't get his head sorted so he was released.

He reckons David Jones has everything except pace off the mark and he'll make it if he can get his mental game right. Time will tell.
I agree about Timm, he is a wonderful talent. Sad he will not make it.
Really hope Jones will make it.

HKRed

oskarutd said:
I agree about Timm, he is a wonderful talent. Sad he will not make it.
Really hope Jones will make it.
Had a chat with Marcus this morning and he said the decision to leave was his in the end. He's 20 and wanted first team football and Fergie only offered him 5 to 6 games in the first team next year. A few teams in Germany wanted him but Duisburg have offered him regular first team football in the hole behind the strikers so he's taking it. He said nice money offered too, so he seems happy enough.

oskarutd

HKRed said:
Had a chat with Marcus this morning and he said the decision to leave was his in the end. He's 20 and wanted first team football and Fergie only offered him 5 to 6 games in the first team next year. A few teams in Germany wanted him but Duisburg have offered him regular first team football in the hole behind the strikers so he's taking it. He said nice money offered too, so he seems happy enough.
Thanks, great to get the information straight from the players and managment.

westlife4ever

HKRed said:
Thanks mate. At first I thought about going to HK for this tournament, but then realised time does not permit.

It's really sad that Neumayr chose to go. IMO, 5-6 first team games is a fair account, considering his lack of experience and phyical presence. Maybe he spent too much time on adapting to English football in the first 2 years at United.

Wish Markus all the best!

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
The team against Sunderland:
1.Amos
2.Moffett 4.Chester 5.Carthcart 3.Cleverley
7.Dunn 6.Derbyshire 8.Norwood 11.Brandy
9.Fagan 10.Welack

Subs: 14.Evans (8), 15.Collins (7), 17.??(10?)

Fagan and Collins scored.
In the newbies socom3 says:
We have lost Sunderland 2-3 last Saturday with two goals from Christopher Fagan and under 16 talent Nicholas Ajose.

The commentry on MUTV was embarising. Joe Evans didn´t know the Christian names of the u-16s and they didn´t say who nr. 17 was or the unused subs. The names of Moffett, Welack and Collins are new to me.
So does anyone know these players?
Correction: According to the United magazine Ajose scored the goal and he is a u-14 player !

oskarutd

We drew 4-4 against Chelsea in the Marveld tornement, lost 0-1 to Real Madrid, won Twente/Hercules 4-1, won Grol 6-2, but lost to Feyernoord 0-1. The team we lost against got through to the semis. We became 3rd in our poll and in the competion for 5-8 place we drew Schalke 1-1.

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
We drew 4-4 against Chelsea in the Marveld tornement, lost 0-1 to Real Madrid, won Twente/Hercules 4-1, won Grol 6-2, but lost to Feyernoord 0-1. The team we lost against got through to the semis. We became 3rd in our poll and in the competion for 5-8 place we drew Schalke 1-1.
Mambo from the Newbies said:
U14 IN Holland Done quite good did better than Chelsea anyway. Somebody called Nick got top goal scorer award

We scored 14 goals in the group, the most in the compition. I guess it is Ajose whom was the top scorer.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
On Wednesday and Thursday, United's youth team plays in Zurich, Switzerland at the annual Blue Stars Fifa Youth Cup. Last year, United had by far the strongest team and won the Cup. I'm going to watch the lads tomorrow.
United are in Group 2 with Valencia, FC Zurich and FC Blue Stars. The other Group is Fluminense, Udinese Calcio, Grasshopper-Club and BSC Young Boys. Will keep you updated, for more info: www.youthcup.ch

oskarutd

Michel04 said:
On Wednesday and Thursday, United's youth team plays in Zurich, Switzerland at the annual Blue Stars Fifa Youth Cup. Last year, United had by far the strongest team and won the Cup. I'm going to watch the lads tomorrow.
United are in Group 2 with Valencia, FC Zurich and FC Blue Stars. The other Group is Fluminense, Udinese Calcio, Grasshopper-Club and BSC Young Boys. Will keep you updated, for more info: www.youthcup.ch
Great, please keep us updated on the squad, scorers and who will be playing.

Mambo in the newbies claims about the Marveld squad:
ONLY 2 UNDER 15 ALL THE REST U14 + 1 U13

Nicholas Ajose, Reece Brown, Niki-Lee Bulmer, Brad Byrne,
Jake Ellis-Rowland, Kristian Platt, Jason Lampkin, Ryan Longworth,
Jay Lynch , Gary McMaster, Oliver Norwood , Michael Potts, Tomos Roberts, Elliot Slingsby, Cameron Stewart, Ryan Tunnicliffe

Roberts, Ajose and Potts are u-14s, Norwood, I belive, is u-15. Platt was added later on, so maybe he is the u-13?
Ajose was the top scorer along with a player from another team.
We ended in 6th place in the competion.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Michel04 said:
Me too......flying in at lunch time from Manchester....will provide a full report when i return.......

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
TonyPark said:
Me too......flying in at lunch time from Manchester....will provide a full report when i return.......
Really? We could meet somewhere and have a drink or so

oskarutd

TonyPark said:
Looking forward to the report already!
Maybe you can also get a world exclusive on the coming and goings of United like HKRed got from the Hong Kong Soccer Sevens!

oskarutd

We lost to Blue Stars 1-2 today in the FiFa youth cup.
Valencia won Zurich 1-0 and Blue Star 4-2 in our group.

Picken has been signed by Chesterfield.

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
We lost to Blue Stars 1-2 today in the FiFa youth cup.
Valencia won Zurich 1-0 and Blue Star 4-2 in our group.

Picken has been signed by Chesterfield.
And we lost 3-0 to Zurich.
Poor Tony to be not repaid more for his interest!
No info yet on squad and scorers.

oskarutd

oskarutd said:
And we lost 3-0 to Zurich.
Poor Tony to be not repaid more for his interest!
No info yet on squad and scorers.
Blue Stars won Zurich 1-2 so Blue Stars and Valencia are through.
In the "losers cup" we play Fluminense or Udinese Calcio.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
United were pretty poor tbh. Physically, they were strong, but technically we were very poor, our passing wasnt sharp. We never dominated and i thought the goals conceded were soft, they should have done better.
The defence was very weak, we conceded 5 goals in 2 games. No pace, no controll and didnt mark them well enough. Another big problem was how to get out of our half, our defenders passed the ball around but never really got forward except the long balls which were not a success.
No one really stood out, probably Mullan (not sure, he had the Nr. 11) looked good and pacey, good dribbler and set up the first United goal perfectly.
Those poor games are probably a result of our very young and inexperienced team (last year we had Rossi, Pique, Spector etc), yet the lads should have done better.
I expected much more, especially from Campbell, who was poor imo. Was lazy and did not really run much, stood around more or less and hardly created anything.
Bingi from the newbies will post further details about the game as he wrote down the line-ups, goals etc. Now we're playing against Valencia (who looked very strong)
More to follow...

oskarutd

Michel04 said:
United were pretty poor tbh. Physically, they were strong, but technically we were very poor, our passing wasnt sharp.
The defence was very weak, we conceded 5 goals in 2 games, was a very disappointing day.
No one really stood out, probably Mullan (not sure, he had the Nr. 11) looked good and pacey, good dribbler and set up the first United goal perfectly. More to follow...
team for each game and scorers would be very pleasant.
:)
We lost to Valencia 1-0
Tomorrow Fluminense.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
oskarutd said:
team for each game and scorers would be very pleasant.
:)
We lost to Valencia 1-0.
I updated my last post. More infos will follow, Bingi from the newbies will provide you with all the infos.
The only goal we scored was scored by Rose i think. Mullan run down the left wing, got past 2 players and played to the middle. Perfect dribble and very pacey, looked good and promising.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We drew our last game against Valencia 1-1, Campbell the scorer and Evans hit the post with a freekick. A much better game and we finally played well. Last of the group though and wont progress.

oskarutd

Michel04 said:
We drew our last game against Valencia 1-1, Campbell the scorer and Evans hit the post with a freekick. A much better game and we finally played well. Last of the group though and wont progress.
Thanks, wrong information about our loss in the official site of this cup.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Manchester United 1:2 Blue Stars Zürich

Lineup:
Zieler; Gray, Cathcart, J.Evans, Lee; some redhead (Barnes?), Hewson, Rose, Mullan; Campbell, Fagan.

scorer: Fagan (assist Mullan)

Changes: Shawcross for redhead, Brandy for Fagan, Burns for Hewson

Manchester United 0:3 FC Zürich

Lineup:
Crockett; Gray, Shawcross, Evans, R.Eckersley; Lee, Hewson, Rose, Mullan; Campbell, Brandy.

Changes: Zieler for Crockett, Fagan for Hewson, Cathcart for Eckersley

booking: Shawcross

Manchester United 1:1 FC Valencia

Lineup:
Zieler; Gray, Cathcart, Shawcross, Lee; Evans, Rose, Hewson; Brandy, Campbell, Burns.

scorer: Campbell (assist Shawcross)

Changes: Chester for Cathcart, Barnes? for Brandy, Mullan for Burns

booking: Campbell

we are bottom of the group and tomorrow we will play fc Fluminense and FC Zürich or Udinese Calcio
Credit to Binggi from the newbies!

oskarutd

more

We beat Fluminense, who had scored 7 and concided 0 before todays game, 3-0. We play Zurich for the 5th place.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Manchester United 3:0 FC Fluminense

Lineup:
Zieler; Gray, Chester, Shawcross, Lee; Evans, Hewson, Rose; Barnes?, Campbell, Mullan.

scorer: Gray (Mullan corner), Shawcross (Mullan), Shawcross (Rose corner)

changes: Burns for Mullan, Eckersley for Barnes?, Fagan for Campbell

bookings: Shawcross, Eckersley

Manchester United 2:2 FC Zürich
3:4 in the penalties

Lineup:
Crockett; Eckersley, Gray, Chester, Lee; Mullan, Hewson, Rose, Burns; Campbell, Fagan.

scorer: Rose (beautiful freekick), Campbell (Rose)
penalties: Hewson , Burns , Fagan , Rose , Campbell , Mullan

Changes: -
Credit to Bingi again, who did an excellent job!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
We have actually been linked with him, and since he have lived in England, it is not that unlikely. When he was ten years old he played against Stuttgarts U15 team, rumour has it that the coach stopped the game before halftime, Nikon had did six goals and was humiliating them.

Nikon is a huge Man Utd supporter, his favourite player is Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

red thru&thru

that kid looks very good.

how he went to valencia from england god knows...unless his parents moved out there.

Mr. MUJAC

Michel04 said:
Credit to Bingi again, who did an excellent job!
Full report will be posted tomorrow.......just got back from Zurich and need to type it up......the newbie post seems correct.....Michael Barnes played in the Number 7 shirt and has just been given a 2-year professional deal.....

Evans, Brandy and Barnes all picked up knocks and missed the final game...as did Shawcross who was suspended due to two yellow cards....Michael Lea went with the squad but picked up an injury and couldn't play.....Gibson and Sean Evans were injured and stayed in Manchester....

It was our youngest ever Youth team to play in the competition and although we should have done better, were playing against lads up to two years older....

More info later......

PS....Neumayr, Picken, Timm, Moran, Eddie Johnson all released...

Mr. MUJAC

HKRed said:

By the way...any chance you can get hold of some programmes?

Drifter

American
United starlet pens new deal

05-06-2006 10:39
Manchester United have rewarded young midfielder Ritchie Jones for his progress this season with a new two-year contract.
Jones has been tipped as one of the brightest young prospects at Old Trafford for some time and made his first-team debut against Barnet last season.
Jones went on to play for United in the FA Cup as well and the 19-year was a star man as the reserves won the second string title.
The 19-year-old is now looking to push on over the next couple of seasons and establish himself around the Reds senior squad.

Mr. MUJAC

Youth Update

Here's what I know........

Ex-United youth players on the move....

Paul Tierney - Livingstone to Blackpool on free transfer
Eddie Johnson - United to Bradford on free transfer
Tommy Lee - United to Macclesfield
Matthew Williams - Notts County to Tamworth
Michael Rose - Yeovil Town to Stockport County
Marcus Neumayr - United to Duisburg

Other news...

Danny Pugh could be leaving Leeds United to sign for Preston

Most people should already know that we have signed Eikrem, the 15 year old Norwegian from Molde who turns 16 on August the 8th but will be arriving at Carrington in July. United Academy have some pre-season friendlies already arranged so it will be interesting to see him in action...

Rene Meulensteen has joined Brondby as Manager.....Ole to take over the Reserves?????? I have heard rumours for and against so we will see!!

No news on Mark Howard, Mads Timm or any of the others loaned out last season....

More info to come as I hear it....

oskarutd

Timm went to denmark and got a contract there.
Picken went to Chesterfield.
Any news on the new u-17s ? Who were released and who got contract?

TonyPark said:
Here's what I know........

Ex-United youth players on the move....

Paul Tierney - Livingstone to Blackpool on free transfer
Eddie Johnson - United to Bradford on free transfer
Tommy Lee - United to Macclesfield
Matthew Williams - Notts County to Tamworth
Michael Rose - Yeovil Town to Stockport County
Marcus Neumayr - United to Duisburg

Other news...

Danny Pugh could be leaving Leeds United to sign for Preston

Most people should already know that we have signed Eikrem, the 15 year old Norwegian from Molde who turns 16 on August the 8th but will be arriving at Carrington in July. United Academy have some pre-season friendlies already arranged so it will be interesting to see him in action...

Rene Meulensteen has joined Brondby as Manager.....Ole to take over the Reserves?????? I have heard rumours for and against so we will see!!

No news on Mark Howard, Mads Timm or any of the others loaned out last season....

More info to come as I hear it....

M160RA

Does anyone know what happened to Daude Massude - that Mozambican kid who Queiroz spotted, and who is/was supposed to be coming to Old Trafford??