Youth Reports 05/06 & 06/07 & 07/08 seasons

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The best players will have to be able to deal with pressure anyway, so I really dont see the problem. A statement like this might even motivate him. I am sure that McCaffrey who knows him, knows what he is doing.

Einar15

Ben Amos and Danny Welbeck have been Chosen to play for england u-17 in The Algarve tournament in february..

Does someone have any news on which u-16's got scholarship contracts for next season???

Einar15

United will play against Crystal Palace in the youth cup on 30. January at Hyde United at 19:00 GMT.

PS18

Random question here, but does anyone happen to know Mitchell Bryant's date of birth?

Einar15

According to thefa.com Sam Hewson played 20 minutes for the England U/19's tonight against Poland. England won 4-1.

oskarutd

From the Newbies:
Originally Posted by johnniec
Does anyone know much about Mitchell Bryant in the U18's?
Originally Posted by Mr. MUJAC
He doesn't play in the U/18's........he used to play in the U/16's but has recently been released.......
That´s news, will he be not offered new terms for next season or completly released?
Any more you know will be released or will get contracts?

westlife4ever

Mr. MUJAC said:
Barnsley are apparently looking to sign Jones on loan this week according to their website.......
Barnsley officially signed Richie on loan, until the end of the season.

oskarutd

mehro said:
Can someone please tell me how good Aaron Burns is? I haven't read anything about him here.
He was scoring alot of goals with Campbell in his first season in the Academy, but since he has struggled. He has though been in a upward curve this season and doing better. But hard to see him playing in the first team shirt, although he was in the squad in the League cup (and Marsh started the game!).

oskarutd

Anyone heard about if Gabriel Torres has arrived for his trial yet, he was supposed to come back for his second trial this month?

Einar15

I have heard about Faruki Yasquin a u/15 striker. He´s supposed to have a good technique, pace and score alot of goals.

PS18

Hewson for England

United midfielder Sam Hewson has been selected for England's Under 19 squad to face Turkey in a friendly on March 21.

The 18-year-old, who has been in scintillating form for United's Academy side this season, made his international bow against Poland at the start of February.

England Head Coach Brian Eastick was suitably impressed with Hewson's efforts in the 4-1 win, as he has retained his place in the 18-man squad to face the Turks at Doncaster's Keepmoat Stadium.

The game will be England's final preparatory game before European Championship qualifying duty in May.

Einar15

Oliver Norwood and Nicky Ajose played for England u-16's today against Slovenia. Slovenia won 3-1 with Dean Parrett of Totthenham scoring Englands goal. Oliver Norwood played the whole match in midfield and Nicky Ajose came on for the second half on the left wing.

Einar15

Febian Brandy has been selected in the England U/18's squad. They will play against Holland U/18's on 27 march at Huish Park.

Einar15

Nicky Ajose, Matthew James and Oliver Norwood have been selected in the England u/16's squad that will take part in Montaigu Tournament in France starting the 31. march

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
quite a few of our players are involved with various england youth-teams this season. ajose, james, norwood, welbeck, brandy, amos and hewson. someone once mentioned we put restrictions on the fa over how many players we'd free for these teams. has that policy been abandoned?

Einar15

Febian Brandy scored for England u18's tonight when they won Holland u18's 4-1.

Einar15

Danny Welbeck scored the winner for England u17's today, they won Serbia 2-1. They have qualified for the Euro u17's finals wich will take place in Belgium in May. Ben Amos also played.

Einar15

Oliver Norwood, Nicky Ajose and Matthew James all started for England U-16's yesterday against Rep. Ireland. England won 3-0 with Norwood scoring 2 goals.

Einar15

Matthew James started and Oliver Norwood and Nicky Ajose came on as subs for England u16's today when they made a goalless draw against USA u16's.

Einar15

Matthew James, Oliver Norwood and Nicky Ajose all started for England u16's when they won France u16's 1-0 in the Montaigu tournament. England are through to the finals where they meet Germany on monday.

westlife4ever

Evandro Brandao is selected in the Portugal U16 squad that will take part in Castelo Branco International Tournament in Portugal (7th-10th April)

Einar15

Matthew James and Oliver Norwood started and Nicky Ajose came on as a sub for Englang U16's when they lost 2-0 to Germany u16's in the final of the Montaigu tournament

It's interesting that Matthew James was one of only 2 players to start all the matches in the England squad, the other one was an Arsenal centre-back called Tom Cruise(like the actor). I think James even captained the team in some of the games.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
the other one was an Arsenal centre-back called Tom Cruise
not tall enough for that position imo, but thanks for the updates, mate. sounds like our fa youth cup future is in good hands with norwood, ajose and james

oskarutd

THE stars of the future will be on show at Portman Road next week when a young Blues side entertain Manchester United.

Sammy Morgan's Under-14s get the chance to play on the big stage as part of their development but, as the former Aston Villa and Northern Ireland star points out, the Reds will be just as excited.

Morgan said: “This is huge for the young lads. Some of these will go on to be scholars and then in time make the first team. Last year, when the Under-16s played Manchester United, we had the likes of Jordan Rhodes, Jai Reason and Curtley Williams, who have played in the reserves, and, of course Jordan has even been named in first-team squads.

“It would be unfair to name anyone but we have identified a couple who have a very good chance of going a long way.

“It is also a big thing for the Manchester United youngsters because they don't get a sniff of Old Trafford.”

It is all part of the development for the young players, who played in front of an appreciative audience in Holland recently.

Morgan said: “We took a group of under-13s to Feyenoord last week and, even though we lost 1-0 to a free-kick, it was a great experience for them. It was in the main stadium before Feyenoord lost to Gronigen.

“All these experiences help the kids move on. It also shows what a good standing the Ipswich Academy has in the football community all across Europe.

“My contacts have been built up over the years and, after playing a couple of seasons in Holland, I was able to use my contacts.”

The youngsters have also recently competed in the Nike Tournament at Warwick University.

The idea to bring Manchester United's young bloods to Ipswich came through Morgan's contact with their under-16 coach Mark Dempsey and the Academy coaches Brian McClair and Paul McGuinness.

oskarutd

Norwood's double delight

By Stuart Mawhinney. Friday, 27 April 2007.

England U16s v Spain
International U16 Friendly
3pm, Saturday 28 April 2007
Wembley Stadium
Tickets will be on sale from booths at Wembley Stadium from 10am until kick-off 08 December 2006
VIDEO: England 2-1 Scotland

Kenny Swain's Young Lions win the Victory Shield outright with a thrilling win over Scotland at Glanford Park.

Manchester United midfielder Oliver Norwood can't wait for the first of his dream Wembley double header on Saturday, as he prepares to pull on the England shirt at the new stadium against Spain.

Oliver, a keen United follower, hopes to be back at Wembley in May as a supporter of theRed Devils when they line up against Chelsea in The FA Cup Final - and his enthusiasm is immense at the prospect of both games.

"I just can't wait, it's going to be a fantastic experience for all the lads," Oliver told TheFA.com.

"Playing for England is always a massive honour, but having the opportunity to do it at Wembley is something that I'm so excited about. The pitch, the tunnel, all the build up - there will be so much to take in on the day.

"It will be my first time at Wembley, I never got to see the old stadium but I remember so many United games there and it's a very special place for English football. I'm hoping to be at Wembley to see United in the Final in May, I feel so fortunate just to be part of these occasions."

Looking back on the season so far, Oliver is confident that the players have learn't from all their experiences and will go into their match with Spain with confidence.

"This season has gone well for us, we played some good football in the Victory Shield and retained the trophy which was pleasing. In the Montaigu Tournament we were really professional and hard working, and I was really pleased with how we played.

"It's a case of putting in the effort and getting the rewards really, we showed in Montaigu what we can do when we focus and stick together as a team. The spirit is there and I'm sure we'll do well at Wembley, it'll be an inspiration.

"My family and friends are coming down to watch me, I think some of them are more excited than me just to see Wembley and watch a game there."

http://www.thefa.com/England/U16s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/04/EngU16_NorwoodSpain.htm

Einar15

Oliver Norwood, Matthew James and Nicky Ajose all started for England u16's and won Spain u16's 1-0. Englands goal scored by Jack Rodwell of Everton.

oskarutd

United Defeat U14s

By Philip Ham
Date: 27/4/2007

Town's U14s lost their Portman Road friendly with Manchester United 4-3 earlier this evening. Connor Wickham scored twice and Adam Heaslip once.

The Blues' best performers were keeper Kai Hewitt and striker Charlie Matthews.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Rodwell seems to be an exciting player. Tall, strong and fast. A new Rio in the making?

Einar15

James' great honour

Matthew James revealed his great pride at leading England out at Wembley, and becoming the first player to skipper the Three Lions to victory at the new stadium.

James was given the honour of captaining England U16s against Spain, and the Manchester United midfielder was able to lead the team up the 107 steps to the Royal Box following an impressive triumph.

James admitted that the weather played a part in the game, but that they were able to take more of a grip on the game in the second period.

"It was very tough with the weather, it was very hot," James told TheFA.com. "But I think we dealt with their front two in the second half a little better.

"They were two good players who were dropping deep and causing problems, but I think we got to grips with them better after half time.

"It was a great honour just to play here, but to be captain and lead the players out onto the pitch was unbelievable. Taking the steps to the Royal Box was great, although I got cramp on the way up, it was special."

Link:http://www.thefa.com/England/U16s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2007/04/EngU16_SpainReactionPlayers.htm

on thefa.com there is also a video interview with James and Rodwell

Einar15

Daniel Welbeck is playing for England against Spain in the Final of the Euro u17's championship.

The game is shown live on Eurosport and started 5 minutes ago.