Youth Scouting

jb8521

As Ive had a lot of spare time recently Ive been able to get to a lot more youth international matches and watching more youth football I decided to make this thread to speak about the players who have impressed me most before everyone else finds out about them. Hopefully people will post other young players who have impressed them

Luka Jovic
Red Star Belgrade
Serbia
Born 23-12-97
Striker
A powerful striker who finishes very well with both feet and is strong in the air. He is a very composed and mature young player who regularly plays ahead of his age group uncluding playing for the Serbian under 17 team and training with the Red Star senior team at the age of 15.

jb8521

Enes Unal
Bursaspor
10-5-97
Striker
A tall young striker with a fantastic scoring recored at every level he has played at so far including 13 goals in 9 games for Turkey under and 170 goals in 102 games in the Turkish Junior leagues. Unal is a great finisher with his feet and in the air and also dangerous from free kicks. Chelsea have been credited with an interest in him along with a lot of Bundesliga teams. Unal was top scorer in this years Montaigu tournament where he scored this wonder goal against England

jb8521

Youri Tielemans
Anderlecht
Belgium
7-5-97
Midfielder

A player I was very impressed with when I saw him in person recently when he played for Belgium under 16s in a tournament in Ireland. Very skillful a fantastic dribbler and with a good shot Thielemans signed a professional contract with Anderlecht recently where he is rated very highly. Here he is scoring a hat trick against Romania under 15s

jb8521

Samuel Mraz
FK Senica
Slovakia
13-5-97
Striker/Winger

A tall tricky attacking player with a brilliant first touch and very good dribbling ability Mraz is part of the new generation of Slovakian youth players who are starting to make a name for themselves after Slovakias good showing in the euro under 17s. Mraz has been on trial wuth Fc Twente along with his team mate Baumgartner. Mraz can be seen in the video below scoring 2 and having a hand in the other goal

jb8521

Lubomir Tupta
Fc Tartran Presov
Slovakia
25-3-98
Striker/winger

Lubomir Tupta is a very assured young attacking player whose speed, dribbling ability and assured finishing make him a constant threat to defences. Tupta was top scorer and player of the tournament as Slovakia under 15s win the Frenz United tournament at the turn of the year and earned himself a trial with Chievo and has recently been playing for Slovakia under 16s. Tuptas movement reminds me of Andriy Shevchenko in his Milan days

Goal at 1:27:20

Goals at 28:20 and 33:20 and Brilliant run and shot at 32:40

jb8521

Wout Faes
Anderlecht
Belgium
3-4-98
Central defender

A ball playing centre half who is a dead ringer for David Luiz. Faes is a very highly rated young player whose strength in the air reading of the game and power in the air make him a very good prospect. Faes lead Anderlecht under 15s to the league title recently and has also captained Belgium under 15s

Goal at 1:20

jb8521

Sander Svendsen
Molde
Norway
6-8-97
Striker

Sander Svendsen is a small technically gifted striker who recently made his debut for Molde aged jut 15. A creative dribbler and a very good striker of the ball Svendsen has been impressing for the last couple of years for the Norway underage teams and scorining plenty of goals. Svendsen has also played in the next gen tournament often playing against players 4 years older than him.

He can be seen here scoring a hat trick for Norway under 16s against Serbia

jb8521

Danilo Pantic
Partizan Belgrade
Serbia
26-10-96
Midfield

Danilo Pantic is a powerful serbian centre midfielder who has a keen eye for goal and is a creative presence in the centre of the pitch with his passing and dribbling ability. Pantic recently made his debut for Partizan aged just 16.

jb8521

Roman Macek
FC Zlin
Czech Republic
18-4-97
Midfield

Roman Macek is a tall commanding midfielder with a real eye for goal who has captained Czech Republic at youth level and plays a year ahead of his age group for the under 17s. Macek has had trials with Juventus and Arsenal and recently spent a week on trial with United which he said he enjoyed most.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Daniel Crowley
Arsenal
Attacking Mid
August 97

Moved to Arsenal from Villa's youth setup a few days ago. 15 year old playing in their 18's..If his development follows the trajectory its currently taking, he'll end up becoming some player. Highly technical, the type of player this country needs to be producing more of if we're to progress from rigid systems.

jb8521

Enes Unal finished top scorer and player of the tournament as Turkey won the Caspian Cup. He scored 7 goals in 3 games.

jb8521

Federico Dimarco
Inter Milan
Italy
10-11-97
Full back

A young full back as gifted going forward as he is defending Federico Dimarco is a young player who could go very far in the game. Equally comfortable in either full back position he has been compared to Inter legend Javier Zanetti and was among the top scorers for his club last season. Dimarco showed he has the mentality to go along with his talent when he stood out as one of the best players at the under 17 European Championships while playing almost two years above his age group.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Have you seen any of the Danish U19-team?
They're tearing the EC qualifiers up at the moment. Their last three games: 4-1 in a friendly against Germany, 5-0 against The Czech Republic and 5-0 against Bulgaria in the qualifiers. Now Portugal awaits in the last group game after having beaten Bulgaria 7-0 and The Czech Republic 4-1 (so I guess they're pretty good as well).

jb8521

Have you seen any of the Danish U19-team?
They're tearing the EC qualifiers up at the moment. Their last three games: 4-1 in a friendly against Germany, 5-0 against The Czech Republic and 5-0 against Bulgaria in the qualifiers. Now Portugal awaits in the last group game after having beaten Bulgaria 7-0 and The Czech Republic 4-1 (so I guess they're pretty good as well).
I havent seen any of their games in the qualifying but the players to look out for in that team are Pierre Hojbjerg and Lucas Anderson. Zohore is scoring a lot of goals in the qualifiers but from what I've seen of him he bullys younger players because hes huge but looks quite awkward against better players. I think Lucas Anderson could make a name for himself with Ajax in the coming season much like Fischer has this season and like wise with Hojbjerg whos already played a few times for Bayern even though hes only 17. Another lad whos played for the under 19s but isnt in the qualifying squad who looks to have a great future is Andreas Christensen a centre half from Chelsea who only turned 17 recently but was on the Chelsea bench for the last game of the season and played in the friendlies in america against City. Chelsea seem to have really stepped up their scouting in Scandinavia recently and have also signed up a Swedish centre half named Ali Suljic who looked good in the under 17 Euros even though hes only 15.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I havent seen any of their games in the qualifying but the players to look out for in that team are Pierre Hojbjerg and Lucas Anderson. Zohore is scoring a lot of goals in the qualifiers but from what I've seen of him he bullys younger players because hes huge but looks quite awkward against better players. I think Lucas Anderson could make a name for himself with Ajax in the coming season much like Fischer has this season and like wise with Hojbjerg whos already played a few times for Bayern even though hes only 17. Another lad whos played for the under 19s but isnt in the qualifying squad who looks to have a great future is Andreas Christensen a centre half from Chelsea who only turned 17 recently but was on the Chelsea bench for the last game of the season and played in the friendlies in america against City. Chelsea seem to have really stepped up their scouting in Scandinavia recently and have also signed up a Swedish centre half named Ali Suljic who looked good in the under 17 Euros even though hes only 15.
I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the players (I'm Danish, I just haven't been able to see any of the matches so far). Zohore is indeed a physical monster (he already was when he debuted on Camp Nou as a 16 year old).
Lucas Andersen though has been moved to the bench in the U19 setup recently because Danny Amankwaa (FC Copenhagen) has been playing very well, or so I'm told. Andersen looks low on confidence though.
Pierre Højbjerg is one I'm looking very much forward to following. I think he's the youngest player to ever play in the Bundesliga for Bayern. But it will be pretty hard for him to get into the team. A loan would be good for him, I think.
Christian Nørgaard from HSV and Patrick Olsen from Inter are two other players to keep an eye out for.

Nice thread by the way :)

jb8521

Antonio Sanabria
Barcelona
Paraguay
4-3-96
Striker

Antonio Sanabria is a young striker who really burst onto the international scene with his appearances for Paraguay at the under 17 South American Championship. A tall player who is good in the air Sanabrias greatest strength is probably his powerful shooting which he often demonstrates from free kick and long range shooting. Following his impressive displays for Paraguay which included two goals against Argentina Sanabria has attracted a lot of interest from Italian clubs including Juventus, Inter and Udinese. Sanabria has just been called up by Paraguay for the Under 20 World Cup where he is likely to be one of the youngest players.

jb8521

Samuel Mraz was top scorer and player of the tournament as his club Senica finished 3rd in the Tannenhof Cup in Germany

jb8521

Andres Ponce
Deportivo Tachira
Venezuela
11-11-96
Striker

A striker who is good in the air, a good finisher with both feet and a good burst of pace Andres Ponce has all the attributes to go very far in the game. Ponce has had a very big reputation in his home country from a young age having spent time training with both Milan and Real Madrid and this reputation was only incresed further when he carried Venezuela through the South American under 17 Championships scoring 7 of his teams 8 goals as they qualified for the under 17 World Cup. He has unfortunately recently suffered a torn ACL which rules him out of the under 17 World Cup. Hopefully he can recover from this and deliver on his huge potential.

Blackwidow

Pierre Højbjerg is one I'm looking very much forward to following. I think he's the youngest player to ever play in the Bundesliga for Bayern. But it will be pretty hard for him to get into the team. A loan would be good for him, I think.
Pierre is in Germany only since a year and he is living in Michael Tarnat's (Ex-Bayern-professional and now youth leader) family - and turns 18 only in August. He went from U17 to U19 to U23 and to the professionals in one year - I do not think that they will loan him out so early. For him playing for the U23 and having training sessions is still ok for this season. There is others - like Emre Can - that should be loaned now.

jb8521

Jovic has been training full time with the red star first team in pre season. Unal has been playing and scoring for bursaspors first team in pre season and Tielemans has been so impressive in Anderlechts pre season friendlies that there is some talk of him making his competitive debut in tomorrows super cup match.
Tielemans versus Hamburg
Great touch at 0:20

Ekeke

Jovic has been training full time with the red star first team in pre season. Unal has been playing and scoring for bursaspors first team in pre season and Tielemans has been so impressive in Anderlechts pre season friendlies that there is some talk of him making his competitive debut in tomorrows super cup match.
Tielemans versus Hamburg
Great touch at 0:20
Looks quality, some of those passes remind me of Carrick

Cristiano_RAFC

Tielemans made his for Anderlecht at the weekend

Anderlecht lost the game but it was the senior players that let them down. The young players, especially Thielemans according to the manager, did very well. The dutch commentator in that video was pretty funny by the way. He kept repeating his age (just turned 16) in disbelief every time he pulled of a great pass or skill.

jb8521

A few players who are doing well for their first teams in pre season who are already well known so Ill just post the videos without write ups
Jean Marie Dongou - Barcelona
D.O.B. 22-4-95

Gedion Zelalem - Arsenal
26-1-97

Zakaria Bakkali - PSV
26-1-96

jb8521

According to reports Samuel Mraz is set to sign with Celtic

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The Gooners I follow on twitter and in the newbs are going crazy over this Zelalem dude.

jb8521

Tielemans started his first match for Anderlecht this weekend as they won 4-0. Tonny Sanabria was named striker of the tournament at the Otten Cup and has been called up to the Paraguay senior team.

jb8521

Bakkali has been called up for the Belgium squad for a friendly against France after scoring his fist senior goal for PSV against Zulte Waregem

jb8521

Another goal from Bakkali against NEC

And his goal from the other night