Youth Scouting

jb8521

You're definitely are just looking for attention from that original post on Jovic in 2013! Great call JB. How are the rest of your predictions going from that bunch?

Saw Dan Crowleys name on the front page also. He's had an excellent season in Holland with Willem II. Hopefully both him and Jack Byrne can build on their youth talent.
Jovic doing so well was what reminded me of this thread alright. Tielemans is doing well for Leicester now. Unal is on loan at Valladolid from Villarreal who bought him from City for €14 million. Gupta has recently broken into the Verona first team & scored a couple of goals in serie B. Mraz was signed by Empoli after scoring a lot of goals in Slovakia & is on loan at Crotone at the moment. He made his senior debut for Slovakia a few months ago. Faes moved to KV Oostende in the summer & has played 26 times for them & plays for Belgium u21s. I'll post about the others if I get time later.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jovic doing so well was what reminded me of this thread alright. Tielemans is doing well for Leicester now. Unal is on loan at Valladolid from Villarreal who bought him from City for €14 million. Gupta has recently broken into the Verona first team & scored a couple of goals in serie B. Mraz was signed by Empoli after scoring a lot of goals in Slovakia & is on loan at Crotone at the moment. He made his senior debut for Slovakia a few months ago. Faes moved to KV Oostende in the summer & has played 26 times for them & plays for Belgium u21s. I'll post about the others if I get time later.
Thanks, always interesting to get your thoughts.

Out of curiosity, how do you rate the current crop of Irish strikers. Surely one of them will fulfil their potential? Saw Drinan when he was still down in Cork and he was amazing, but Sam Byrne, Mikey Drennan and Graham Burke all looked like serious talents back in the day.

The main ones that spring to mind ;
Aaron Connolly
Idah
Parrott
Michael O'Connor
Afolabi
McAuley
Drinan
O'Bafemi
Cassidy

jb8521

Thanks, always interesting to get your thoughts.

Out of curiosity, how do you rate the current crop of Irish strikers. Surely one of them will fulfil their potential? Saw Drinan when he was still down in Cork and he was amazing, but Sam Byrne, Mikey Drennan and Graham Burke all looked like serious talents back in the day.

The main ones that spring to mind ;
Aaron Connolly
Idah
Parrott
Michael O'Connor
Afolabi
McAuley
Drinan
O'Bafemi
Cassidy
Parrott should be as close to a certainty as you'll get if his head is right. Out of the rest I think Idah probably has the best skillset to translate to senior football but I'm a big fan of Connolly & Cassidy as well. The 2003s & 2004s for Ireland have some very talented players in them as well with plenty of technical quality.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Andreas Skov Olsen:

Victor Nelsson:

Takefusa Kubo:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Parrott should be as close to a certainty as you'll get if his head is right. Out of the rest I think Idah probably has the best skillset to translate to senior football but I'm a big fan of Connolly & Cassidy as well. The 2003s & 2004s for Ireland have some very talented players in them as well with plenty of technical quality.
Aren't Sotona and Odebuko Irish too? Would've thought they'd be amongst the biggest Irish talents around.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Slov Olsen looks a real talent. Scored 19 league goals this season, not bad for a 19 year old.
He looks to have a real scoring ability Barca are keen on him but he should sign for Ajax I feel he would turn into a real start their.

jb8521

Aren't Sotona and Odebuko Irish too? Would've thought they'd be amongst the biggest Irish talents around.
Yeah they are but for some reason the Irish management don't seem to rate them

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Here's a Florent Da Silva comp, we've been linked to him recently
Born in 2003, attacking midfielder from Lyon.
Played mostly in U17 age class but was promoted to U19 for some games at the end of the season.
One of the top 3 prospect of the 2003 generation in France and his precocity easily rivals what players like Martial or Aouar were showing at his age for OL.