Youth vs. Flamengo

Dyslexic Untied

I only have one, in Norway.

We`re 1-0 up. Beautiful cross from Barnes, Hewson gets up in the box and heads it in. Great goal.

julesee

haha well ive ruined for myself cos ive just seen the result

Dyslexic Untied

Anyway, it ended 2-1 in our favour. Sam Hewson got both goals. Both good goals. Brandy also did well IMO.

We`re in the final then!

nabyllon

yeah we're in the final! great news. im flying back to malaysia tomorrow so i guess i better get tickets for the final. :D

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
Just watched the game on Sultanananan without knowing the result. Classic United play. Well done to all of them, but I thought Brandy was particularly excellent in attack and James Chester in defence. How hard did the midfield work?!!
If they're not too knackered from being a 15 man squad (including a spare keeper) they should do well against Juventus on Sunday.

Dyslexic Untied

Just watched the game on Sultanananan without knowing the result. Classic United play. Well done to all of them but I thought Brandy was particularly excellent in attack and James Chester in defence. How hard did the midfield work?!!
If they're not too knackered from being a 15 man squad (including a spare keeper) they should do well against Juventus on Sunday.
I saw it without knowing it was played! Found out that all the other stats were already posted in the Youth Squad thread.

Brandy was fantastic today. I was very surprised at his workrate.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
To bad that Brandy is more of a Tevez/Rooney-type of player. We could need a real goalgetter, or a type of player like Saha (without the injuries).

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
To bad that Brandy is more of a Tevez/Rooney-type of player. We could need a real goalgetter, or a type of player like Saha (without the injuries).
He's 18. In time we might need another Rooney or another Tevez (you never know) but Brandy could play on the wing or challenge for a place as a striker in his own right. I hope he comes through, I've been watching him since he was 9..

julesee

Chaps, I've got to say once again for long periods United were completely outplayed, especially in the first half. United are lucky to be in this final.

As for the Brazilians, some of their shooting was outrageous - got to be a few worth taking on in that team. How many tmes was it they hit the post?! 4, 5?

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
They were outplayed, yes, but so were Flamengo at times in the first half.
United have a tiny squad, unable even to fill the bench. Flamengo have a full 24 iirc. Our team is verging on totally knackered, with the same players having to play every game and the games coming alomst every other day and in 90% humidity.
The Brazilians were great at shooting from distance but less great at winning the ball and playing as a team.
If Danny Wellbeck wasn't away with England I'd say United had an excellent chance of picking up the trophy today. As it stands, the chances are good but a lot will depend on how much the last match took out of them.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I see Brandy as a future winger. An improved version of SWP.