Music YouTube Premium (+ Music)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Since Google Play was decommissioned, I decided to give this a trial and am pleasantly surprised. After using Spotify for a couple of months, this does feel much better value. YT Premium gives ad free YT in addition to streaming music. I do feel the library is a bit wider in YT and the algorithm for similar music worked better to my tastes than Spotify. You do pay $11.99 (which is $2 more than Spotify) but I do feel the capabilities are worth this.

Both apps play normal quality music which is OK for casual listener. If you are a audiophile, you should look at Tidal or something like that.

prateik

I love it.. Dont listen to a lot of music.. so not sure how good/bad it is for discoverability.. Spotify algorithm is supposed to be great for recommending new songs you might like.

But ad free youtube. Works well with the smart speaker. background play for youtube too.. so you can turn your device screen off and still play youtube.

It's rs189/month (~$2.50 / month) for a family plan for up to 5 people here..

Considering how much I watch Youtube, that still feels like I am not paying them enough for it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ad free YouTube but not in the UK right?