YouTube United channels

R'hllor

Howson is so full shit its actually an achievement, being obnoxious prick is just a bonus. Didnt watch those channels for few years now but from time when i was checking it out here and there, McKola and Flex were only worth checking out, for work/time they put in those fan cams.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Stretford Paddock are easily Utd's best fan channel (and Rio's channels isn't exactly a fan channel).

Even though they have the formula to earn more money, and even have someone on the roll - Andy Tate - who can pull off the DT role for AFTV, they don't.

I like "The Kick Off" as well. Fan channel with fans from 5-6 clubs and most of them are reasonable people except the City fan who always has that smug look

HailtotheKing

Mark Goldbridge is unbearable.

If I had to pick a single manifestation of the elements of United's fanbase that irritate me the most it would be him.

Entitlement culture, self-importance, mining every small event or throwaway quote from an obscure article for outrage, vastly overrating your own tactical and football knowledge... he's like the worst elements of the Caf and twitter football chat brought to life.

There's clearly a market for that, particularly among young overseas fans I would imagine, and he's presumably making a very good living catering to those people, but good lord the man is irritating.
Have you watched it recently? He’s not like that anymore. He speaks a lot of sense to be honest. And he doesn’t jump on every sound bite or event. Gives Ole credit for what he does right and lays into him and the glazers for the wrong. Pretty fair and I agree with a lot of what he says. Plus he’s just funny at times. Personally though I prefer Flex on United View. Him and KG are great together and Cam provides great strategic insight. Also The kick Off is great

Lebowski

Have you watched it recently? He’s not like that anymore. He speaks a lot of sense to be honest. And he doesn’t jump on every sound bite or event. Gives Ole credit for what he does right and lays into him and the glazers for the wrong. Pretty fair and I agree with a lot of what he says. Plus he’s just funny at times. Personally though I prefer Flex on United View. Him and KG are great together and Cam provides great strategic insight. Also The kick Off is great
I try not to watch him if I can avoid it, but YouTube autoplay on my phone sometimes decides I haven't been angry enough in a while and puts it on.

He seems to still be the epitome of the sort of short term annoying online fan really. If we're winning he'll be whinging how the manager must be an idiot to not be playing a certain player, if player x was at Man City he'd have won a Balon D'Or by now, if we're losing he'll do over the top rants about how we're disgracing the honour of Ferguson and Busby.

Fair play if you like him though mate, everyone's tastes are different, he just represents the antithesis of football culture to me personally.....

Plus I like the fact that you live in the global mecca of modern culture but still love watching a guy from Nottingham talk into a webcam in his bedroom in front of a green screen.

Mainoldo

Stretford Paddock are easily Utd's best fan channel (and Rio's channels isn't exactly a fan channel).

Even though they have the formula to earn more money, and even have someone on the roll - Andy Tate - who can pull off the DT role for AFTV, they don't.

I like "The Kick Off" as well. Fan channel with fans from 5-6 clubs and most of them are reasonable people except the City fan who always has that smug look
There literally the most fake channels going.

Orgainic wise I feel United Stand and United View are the best. They actually have talented individuals on the channel.

Ronaldo is rubbish, the media guy is rubbish, the Jesus block rubbish. Whilst Rio’s channel is well put together they should stick to just interviews. Their United opinions are typical of a channel with links to a club like the Paddock. Atleast on the other channels you can say Phil Jones should have his contract terminated and your not told to apologise on the next episode. :lol:

I find it weird people watch these channels for United content. It’s fake! Entertainment wise I get it though. But like I said at the start, there are more talented presenters on other Channels.

Statman Dave too. Makes good content for those interested in they sort of stuff.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Whatever else you think of him, Howson is a well-read and intelligent football obsessive. Yes, he's brash and arrogant. And I certainly don't agree with him on everything. But I respect him enough to know I'm getting a footballing opinion from somebody with an understanding of the game. Even if he is a bit of a twat.

Yeah, I find myself watching a lot of Howson’s stuff. It’s generally well measured and although there is a lot of his own opinion there, he doesn’t try to present overly reductive solutions to things, which is the problem with most fan perspectives on football. There’s others too alongside him who are decent foils like Joe Smith, Ronaldo Brown, and I don’t mind Jay Motty as a chair. The match previews and reviews they do are worthy watches. I’ve never really gotten much out of McKola’s stuff.

I’ve no interest in the fan reaction stuff. We all only watched AFTV for the Schadenfreude and maybe even slipped into pathos at some point too for Claude.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I find it absolutely ridiculous that passionate fans are considered unreliable in their opinions. Surely, it's those ones with (genuine) passion for the club that you'd like to listen to, especially when most of the same people advocating for calm analysis support (or did in the past) this manager's notion of passion and blood being enough to win you games.

I've said previously that I get a bad vibe from Howson and his past confirms it as much. The guy's shady and thinks too highly of himself. McKola I'm usually neutral on but when I'm not he falls on the annoying whiny side.

There literally the most fake channels going.

Orgainic wise I feel United Stand and United View are the best. They actually have talented individuals on the channel.

Ronaldo is rubbish, the media guy is rubbish, the Jesus block rubbish. Whilst Rio’s channel is well put together they should stick to just interviews. Their United opinions are typical of a channel with links to a club like the Paddock. Atleast on the other channels you can say Phil Jones should have his contract terminated and your not told to apologise on the next episode. :lol:

I find it weird people watch these channels for United content. It’s fake! Entertainment wise I get it though. But like I said at the start, there are more talented presenters on other Channels.

Statman Dave too. Makes good content for those interested in they sort of stuff.
I usually agree with most of your takes but that bolded one you need to be careful with. If I'm not mistaken, that guy works for the club now and we all know what that means.

Mainoldo

I find it absolutely ridiculous that passionate fans are considered unreliable in their opinions. Surely, it's those ones with (genuine) passion for the club that you'd like to listen to, especially when most of the same people advocating for calm analysis support (or did in the past) this manager's notion of passion and blood being enough to win you games.

I've said previously that I get a bad vibe from Howson and his past confirms it as much. The guy's shady and thinks too highly of himself. McKola I'm usually neutral on but when I'm not he falls on the annoying whiny side.

I usually agree with most of your takes but that bolded one you need to be careful with. If I'm not mistaken, that guy works for the club now and we all know what that means.
:lol: I should of said his videos are good aslong as he doesn’t give his opinion on current United matters. But for formations and manager style takes. He’s very good.

He does work for the club, like you said. So you know what that means.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Stretford Paddock is absolutely shite. Goldbridge is infinitely more knowledgeable about football than any of them and that isn't a compliment to Goldbridge.

MichaelRed

Isn't that Howson's channel? He makes my skin crawl.

The_Order

United View with Flex and KG and Owen is very good and the most balanced of the lot.

BehemothTerror

Goldbridge is absolutely unwatchable at times. He's got some fundamental football knowledge and can obviously analysis a game but he just acts like an ass. Every goal against us usually gets a tirade of abuse for players he doesnt like while protecting his favorite's. When players he doesnt like have a great game he says they just did their job but if Martial so much as scores a tap in he'll go on about "superb positioning/movement/hold up play"
That's not even factoring in how cringey his singing is, can't mute him hard enough

Howson can be an ass but at least he's not that level of unwatchable at his worst

Last edited:

Flexdegea

Andy blocked me on Instagram for pointing out he's literally AFTV these days total contradiction

midou

Watched Howson once or twice because of Rio, can't stand this guy.

I find Goldbridge fun, sometimes meme level as someone pointed out, he has flaws and favorites and I don't always agree but it is a small price to pay for the laugh. Most of the people on his channel are alright, I can listen in the background. United View is also decent, the guys are fun and not too extreme.

flameinthesun

I think it just comes down to whether you like their personality. Howson and Mckola are almost the definition of "top reds" and definitely have that pretentious air about them. Mckola is by far the worse, very aggressive when talking about united (especially on the kickoff). Which is weird because outside of the united world like the poker games on kickoff he seems cool.

Goldbridge is goldbridge, entertaining, over the top, puts out a lot of content which can dilute his package but during lockdown his channel was by far the best. Hes clearly a united fan, the notts forest accusation was a rumour, to use where he lives to doubt his credibility....well you'd have to doubt the credibility of most united fans as the majority don't live in Manchester!

United view is by far the best. Flex hands down is the best due to his personality, KG is so likable and funny and they have developed the united view really. They won't be as big as united stand but between the two I think you have the beat 2 united channels.

RedDevilQuebecois

She Devils United is my go-to. I know the channel was built first by and for female United fans, I'm really happy (as a man) that they are always calling it like it is. Two of the channel's main faces are not English (Mary is from Ireland, Dora is from Croatia) and thus bring the kind of point of view that many of us non-British can relate to.

Lyng

She Devils United is my go-to. I know the channel was built first by and for female United fans, I'm really happy (as a man) that they are always calling it like it is. Two of the channel's main faces are not English (Mary is from Ireland, Dora is from Croatia) and thus bring the kind of point of view that many of us non-British can relate to.
Decided to give them a watch due to this comment. They seem great so far.

DavelinaJolie

The best part of Gold ridge is he says it's all about fan opinion and giving a voice, then when someone disagrees with him he basically calls them ignorant.

Spoony

The People's President
Howson is very knowledgeable. He gets bad rep on here because his views don't echo the Redcafe majority.

EngimaMK

Goldbridge is a fecking cnut of the highest order. Awful modern FIFA fan.

I prefer Stretford Paddock, although understand how people cannot stand Howson.

Jay Motty and Joe are great. Much prefer that to the "yes blud" shit on United Stand. Nuanced and old school. Not reactionary.

Flex and Rants and Saeed dickheads aren't for me. Especially Goldbridge who is basically a character act.

RonaldoVII

Used to watch Goldbridge a year or so ago but he's just a parody of himself these days. He was Ole-out but scared to say it for ages and now every post is just full of negativity. His twitter is just full of extreme views baiting people.

Mainoldo

Jay Motty and Joe are great. Much prefer that to the "yes blud" shit on United Stand. Nuanced and old school. Not reactionary.

Flex and Rants and Saeed dickheads aren't for me. Especially Goldbridge who is basically a character act.
That is so racist I don’t know where to start.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Must admit that I am surprised how many people sincerely enjoy watching Goldbridge.

The_Order

wow, my dog is going nuts.

AFC NimbleThumb

Must admit that I am surprised how many people sincerely enjoy watching Goldbridge.
I’ve got a mate who keeps telling me I must listen to him so I put on his interview with Paul Ince last week; it wasn’t as bad as I expected but I suppose he’s now ‘Ole Out’ so he was signing to the choir.

I tend to stay away from most United content.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Used to watch Goldbridge a year or so ago but he's just a parody of himself these days. He was Ole-out but scared to say it for ages and now every post is just full of negativity. His twitter is just full of extreme views baiting people.
He does like the click bait doesn’t he. I think yesterday he had a video titled “ZIDANE TALKS BEGIN!” and after about 5 minutes he says there’s nothing to suggest we’re talking to anyone.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Howson is the most insightful but often a bit of a knob. Joe (Jesus) is really likeable. Jay Motty is extremely vanilla and says the same things in every video. McKola is good on the Premier League pisstake video when it's light hearted but unbearable otherwise.

Goldbridge is just a guy who spotted a gap in the market for Alan Partridge humour in football YT. Target audience is clearly opposition fans, and highly reactionary knee-jerk United fans, most likely around 15 or under.

Bwuk

Goldbridge is awful and it should be a bannable offence to say otherwise

FizzyWomack

Goldbridge is the best one for me, lots of different personalities on United stand too. He’ll throw his toys out the pram when we lose so that always softens the blow when we’re shite.

Always felt like that howson fella comes across as a bit arrogant, goldbridge seems more genuine imo.

Flex and KG have their content thats worth checking out too