YouTube United channels

red_de_pologne

He is entitled to block anyone he wants. It has nothing to do with money or being soft. Players get shit from dickheads on social media every day. Why should they just have to take it?

That's a bollocks argument.

Goldbridge is not a supporter so any player blocking him is fine with me.
Funny thing is, Goldbridge consistently says he doesn't mind McT as a box to box squad player, just doesn't rate his partnership with Fred as two CDMs, played week in week out, which is more than fair I think.

Goldbridge is very very repetitive, due to his formula of 2-3 vids a day, but a lot of points he's making are spot on, I don't agree with all of them, but most are level headed, honest opinion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I love Stephen Howson. He sends his fans to feck off every 10 seconds and he tend to go out of point through banter. If anyone points that out he sends them to feck off as well. He speaks about him coaching some non league team he created as if he's managing United through the treble season. Not to forget that it took him months of careful analysis and in depth tactical critique to conclude that actually Ole is a crap. In 20 years time he might come to the conclusion that water is indeed wet.

stevoc

I've watched a couple of videos recently from the United Stand channel and I think it's decent and Goldbridge makes a lot of good points. I like the fact that he scrutinizes things the club say and can recognise their shenanigans with social media and how they try to control the narrative.

It's been refreshin to hear a public voice speak up against things during these tough times, as opposed to the journos who are practically the clubs external PR team.
Which journalists?

Josh 76

I love Stephen Howson. He sends his fans to feck off every 10 seconds and he tend to go out of point through banter. If anyone points that out he sends them to feck off as well. He speaks about him coaching some non league team he created as if he's managing United through the treble season. Not to forget that it took him months of careful analysis and in depth tactical critique to conclude that actually Ole is a crap. In 20 years time he might come to the conclusion that water is indeed wet.
Your right about how he thinks he is some sort of elite tactician when referring to his Sunday league team. That’s funny.

Dan_F

I must be old or something. I assumed Goldbridge was a parody based on the small amount of clips I’ve seen on social media. People actually watch that for real United content?

red4ever 79

I must be old or something. I assumed Goldbridge was a parody based on the small amount of clips I’ve seen on social media. People actually watch that for real United content?
He models himself on Partridge for sure. Never has anything positive to say. Spews out real anger and vile stuff, which has an impact on the fanbase who follow his channel. His real name is not Goldbridge and he is from Nottingham.

SuperiorXI

He models himself on Partridge for sure. Never has anything positive to say. Spews out real anger and vile stuff, which has an impact on the fanbase who follow his channel. His real name is not Goldbridge and he is from Nottingham.
As to the former that's just not true and the latter, who gives a toss?

He's levels below some of the posters on here in terms of negativity and what do you expect him to be like right now when the club is in ruin?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Real anger and vile stuff? He really doesn't. He definitely gets frustrated at times but come on, that's just not true. And who cares where he's from?

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
He's good at what he does - he generates debate and discusses stories related to United that come up in the press. I think he's entertaining and when we had no footy during lockdown he did a great job of putting out football content when there was no football happening.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Grown men watching and interacting with Goldbridge is truly astounding.

ColvaleGoa

I mean he thinks he is Sir Alex, Prime Jose, Klopp and Pep incarnate himself. Now that he does that pod with Rio, his ego is off the charts.
I have blocked Goldbridge everywhere on socials.
Saying that I like Mckola and Jesus on Paddock.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I mean he thinks he is Sir Alex, Prime Jose, Klopp and Pep incarnate himself. Now that he does that pod with Rio, his ego is off the charts.
By Jesus do you mean Joe? That guy brown noses Ole more than anyone.

stevoc

It's one of paradoxes.of our age, journalists should objectively report the news, but also adhere to the narrative we expect.
Indeed, and there's been plenty of negative coverage of United/Solskjaer in the press for the last few months anyway.

stevoc

Howson really seems to rub a lot of United fans the wrong way.

stevoc

Yeah, I lost interest pretty quickly after I started watching him. At one point, he and his mates had a 20 minute conversation about getting drunk on gin. If wanted to hear that bollocks I'd go down the local pub and listen to some dudes there.
Fair enough I do watch Stretford Paddock from time to time but usually only after matches or for United news. Can't say I've watched much of Howson and I wouldn't be into watching them waffle on about random shit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
These channels are run by bellends but they do produce some great side kicks. Mckola is great and so was Flex (who had since spread his wings). My current favorite channel is United Peoples TV . The channel is relatively small (213k subscribers). It is run by just 1 man but he keeps such a low profile that honestly I don't know what's the guy's name is. Its provide more tactical depth then the United stand but not as much as Paddock's version of Napoleon Bonaparte. I jumped out of the Ole in ship far earlier then he did but I still respected him because he's never rude, he keeps to the topic at hand, he always backs his arguments and he's very respectful towards his community.

What I find hilarious about Goldbridge is that his United internal sources had never provided him with 1 accurate piece of information. Two years ago they told him that we looked set to sign Sancho and this year the same happened with Trippier. Yet he keeps relying on them.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
And they're overly positive towards United are they?
Yes, they all drop news that the club wants to get out, at the same time ie briefings. Generally bad news, but then they seem to get little scoops and access to sources here and there for other stories off the back of it.

After the City game Stone put out an article saying the club is basically standing by Ole due to no alternatives and wanting him to turn it around etc. The title was about the growing call for Ole to be sacked. Within half an hour that article was renamed to 'Why United are sticking by Ole' or something to that effect. I bet somebody got a bollocking for the original title.

YikesSchmeics

Ah Howson. King of the hot take.

Hated Luke Shaw so much he couldnt concede that he was doing great. Had a guest (can't remember who it was, I think it was Ruud) on the 5 podcast who called Shaw out for being brilliant (last season!) and Howson had a face like a slapped arse.

Also was convinced Saúl Ñíguez was the answer to all our problems at CDM.

stevoc

Yes, they all drop news that the club wants to get out, at the same time ie briefings. Generally bad news, but then they seem to get little scoops and access to sources here and there for other stories off the back of it.

After the City game Stone put out an article saying the club is basically standing by Ole due to no alternatives and wanting him to turn it around etc. The title was about the growing call for Ole to be sacked. Within half an hour that article was renamed to 'Why United are sticking by Ole' or something to that effect. I bet somebody got a bollocking for the original title.
They're both Manchester United correspondents though aren't they?

What would you have liked Stone to say instead?

UTD_Since_1978

He’s an ex policeman and didn’t want to use his real name.
Must be those illegal streams he watches when he does the watchalong vid & UTD are not live on UK TV. "I'm listening to the radio" he says, yeah right, pull the other one.

Flytan

Must be those illegal streams he watches when he does the watchalong vid & UTD are not live on UK TV. "I'm listening to the radio" he says, yeah right, pull the other one.
It still amazes me I can watch any and every PL game legally but it can't be done in the country it's played in.

Alias
I've never understood why people use Mark Goldbridge being from Nottingham as a stick to beat him with / help to accuse him of not being a Manchester United supporter. He's quite clearly an avid Manchester United supporter: he must have spent at least 2 hours per day 7 days a week for the past 5 or so years talking exclusively about the club online - now to 1.2 million followers (an extraordinary achievement,it must be said). Also, as per the MEN (2019) United have a fan base of 1.1 billion so of course there will be a lot of supporters not living in Manchester.

I do also like United People's TV, which is my second favourite United channel. I like the focus that it puts on fan inclusion (helping to decorate the film set etc is a nice touch). The vibe is also nice.

passtheball

I don't hate Goldbridge, but his titles are clickbait and misleading. It took a long time for him to admit that Ole should be sacked, and that was because he was looking after his earnings.

The thing with all these channels is that the wind has to blow firmly in a particular direction before they will commit to a position. Until then, they will try to cater to every opinion out there because that's how they make money. A lot like how United try to "manage" fan opinion.

always_hoping

Yes, loads come back on here or twitter and repeat his opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if the terms McFred, individual brilliance, moments Fc etc all started on Mr Goldbridge channel.

nainaisson

Ah Howson. King of the hot take.

Hated Luke Shaw so much he couldnt concede that he was doing great. Had a guest (can't remember who it was, I think it was Ruud) on the 5 podcast who called Shaw out for being brilliant (last season!) and Howson had a face like a slapped arse.

Also was convinced Saúl Ñíguez was the answer to all our problems at CDM.
He manages a Sunday league team and thinks he's a tactical genius because he's managed to beat teams made up of pensioners and amputees.

jem

These channels are run by bellends but they do produce some great side kicks. Mckola is great and so was Flex (who had since spread his wings). My current favorite channel is United Peoples TV . The channel is relatively small (213k subscribers). It is run by just 1 man but he keeps such a low profile that honestly I don't know what's the guy's name is. Its provide more tactical depth then the United stand but not as much as Paddock's version of Napoleon Bonaparte. I jumped out of the Ole in ship far earlier then he did but I still respected him because he's never rude, he keeps to the topic at hand, he always backs his arguments and he's very respectful towards his community.

What I find hilarious about Goldbridge is that his United internal sources had never provided him with 1 accurate piece of information. Two years ago they told him that we looked set to sign Sancho and this year the same happened with Trippier. Yet he keeps relying on them.
Flex was great on the United Stand, as was KG. Sadly, I find the new channel run by Flex pretty hard to watch, especially KG's show, which is just annoyingly repetitive.

jem

Yes, loads come back on here or twitter and repeat his opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if the terms McFred, individual brilliance, moments Fc etc all started on Mr Goldbridge channel.
Of course they originated there - don't pretend like you didn't know that.

jem

Out of interest, where does one go for 'real' United content?