YouTube United channels

0le

When was the last time you saw someone quote a post from here on Twitter
Genuinely not sure I follow here. The forum has a feature which allows Twitter posts to be embedded and you can find embedded twitter posts on numerous posts on numerous threads across the Forum. There is even a dedicated Twitter post transfer thread as well.

and when was the last time you saw massive thread about what shite Goldbridge has come out with today on (pick your platform)?

You haven't.
Sorry, I do not understand what point you are making.

There's no way you can compare a RedCafe/Forum to a massive YouTube channel. Each person on here can't put their opinion across and people can directly challenge that point. TUS or any big YouTube channel now influences a very large portion of fans, their opinions are not just anyone's opinion anymore, they carry so much more weight.
Yes, I accept that they are different platforms and how the content is delivered is different. I agree that you could argue that the hosts on those channels hold a greater weight of opinion and I guess by extension, a greater responsibility for the content/ opinion as well.

But this is not what is being debated. People keep saying they have agendas, despite the fact that their content and opinions cover nearly the exact same topics that can be found on redcafe or reddit. One user is calling them "frauds" which I honestly have no idea what that is meant to mean. People call them "financially driven", even though all their content is free to consume and other social media platforms rely on similar adverts/ sponsors to stay afloat.

You're spot on with your opinion of him and his channel, specifically TUS is a very bad channel for Utd, as you said its not just a video, its spread all over social media, you don't have to watch his channel to come across it.
So it is bad that the opinion of one person is spread over social media, even if that opinion is no different to the opinion shared by many fans on the forum and other social media platforms? You can also easily unfollow creators which share (e.g. retweet) content which you do not want to read or watch.

Ixion

I tend to watch the United Stand primarily because of the regular content. If I'm going to go to youtube and watch some random shite it might as well be United related.

Mainoldo

The Big 6. Banta and good opinions.

Can’t Take these fake top red channels like Stretford Paddock though. Funny how TUS tries to be top red but as this forum shows he still isn’t liked :lol:

Mainoldo

Did they? Haven't watched United Stand for months but those two were decent. If they set up an alternative channel without the others I'd make an effort to watch them.
The United View. It’s proper good. Go subscribe..

Kopral Jono

I don't watch much of these bar a Goldbridge or a McKola video every now and again, usually spouting nonsense, but the former's Fifa career mode during the worldwide lockdown last year when there weren't any football on anywhere was legendary.

UtdAgain08

So it is bad that the opinion of one person is spread over social media, even if that opinion is no different to the opinion shared by many fans on the forum and other social media platforms? You can also easily unfollow creators which share (e.g. retweet) content which you do not want to read or watch.
So I used to watch TUS along with Stretford Paddock (FTD at the time) and had to stop because TUS made me so angry, not proud of it but its just the reality of it. He gets people like Saeed and a man called Rants, one's an idiot and the other is obviously imo in it for the cash. To me their entire purpose is to spread negativity for their own notoriety. You might like it and think its just their opinion and that's cool I don't watch it now, but I think its the opposite and they're deliberately trying to kick the club when its down to make cash from it.

0le

So I used to watch TUS along with Stretford Paddock (FTD at the time) and had to stop because TUS made me so angry, not proud of it but its just the reality of it. He gets people like Saeed and a man called Rants, one's an idiot and the other is obviously imo in it for the cash. To me their entire purpose is to spread negativity for their own notoriety. You might like it and think its just their opinion and that's cool I don't watch it now, but I think its the opposite and they're deliberately trying to kick the club when its down to make cash from it.
Rants left the show and I think Saeed left or was not invited, probably for the reasons you describe. I think Rants actually has his own channel but I do not watch it.

The idea that TUS and Stretford Paddock are deliberately kicking the club down and making cash from it as a result is pure hyperbole though. The idea that they are "spreading negativity" is misleading too, considering that the negativity is ultimately from how the players and manager(s) perform.

UtdAgain08

Rants left the show and I think Saeed left or was not invited, probably for the reasons you describe. I think Rants actually has his own channel but I do not watch it.

The idea that TUS and Stretford Paddock are deliberately kicking the club down and making cash from it as a result is pure hyperbole though. The idea that they are "spreading negativity" is misleading too, considering that the negativity is ultimately from how the players and manager(s) perform.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not talking about SP, I'm talking specifically about TUS/Goldbridge. I really enjoy SP feel that's how a fan channel should be. Pro Utd and really not too much negativity, people are honest about they might not think Ole is the man for the job but all in all its a positive channel. As I said I feel TUS are Utd's AFTV and I don't like it.

Ananke

Subscribed to Stretford Paddock, Howson, Goldbrige, The Kickoff and Five with Rio.

It’s nice to get a sense from all of them to be fair. YouTube means they may exaggerate for the audience but genuinely they all care about the club which is what I connect with. Find it interesting to compare views and thoughts. You can pick out the bits that are, you know, thrown in for media to pick up on or comments to go wild.

For me Stretford Paddock is like the ‘proper’ United one I watch. As someone said they can be a bit blinkered ( like most of us ). The Kickoff is great to get some good banter mixed with variety of different fans opinions. And Five with Rio is just nice to here a pro footballer talking with a couple of lads, ripping into each other’s teams now and then for the bantz again.

All in all, they’re all decent. Much better than crap like AFTV which is basically a soap.

Oranges038

They're all dreadful. I can't watch any of them.

They could always be worse though.

Wheato

Webby and O Neil is a good one. Both used to work security at old Trafford and have good contacts with the former players. Think they now work at Hotel Football opposite the ground (but could be wrong) They regularly have Scholes, Neville on, and they are proper reds. No pretending with them
I can actually feel my IQ dropping down a few levels when those knuckle draggers start flapping their gums.

Frank White

The point was to highlight how ridiculous it is to label someone with an "agenda" and I highlighted how their own recent posts about Rashford under their logic could be construed that way, where they describe Rashford as a "PM", a "machine" and "devastating (with space)", as if no player can be devastating given sufficient space.

Everyone has their own views, their own favourite players and their own frustrating players. Everyone has their own way of talking about those players. It doesn't have to be that those people have "agendas". Equally, a lot of people thought Rooney was trash under LvG so it was hardly a weird view to have at that time either.
Huh? He said he stopped watching after they blamed Rooney after every loss pretty sure that fits the bill of having a "agenda" because last time i checked there's a 11 players in a team so to place the blame solely at Rooney's doorstep was agenda driven.

As for the Rashford nonsense you brought up, god knows what point you're trying to make there.

0le

Huh? He said he stopped watching after they blamed Rooney after every loss pretty sure that fits the bill of having a "agenda" because last time i checked there's a 11 players in a team so to place the blame solely at Rooney's doorstep was agenda driven.

As for the Rashford nonsense you brought up, god knows what point you're trying to make there.
I think you have an odd interpretation of what an agenda is. The argument is that it is very easy to label people as having an "agenda" when the reality is that they are just expressing an opinion of the game they just watched.

I posted some of their quotes which constantly mentioned that Rashford could make the difference. If we applied their logic as well as your own logic, then that would be labelled as a agenda, because they are only talking about one player and not mentioning the other 11 players who are actually fit. I am saying, well it is not an agenda, it is just a person expressing an opinion about Rashford.

In the same way, I am arguing that those videos are likely just fans expressing an opinion about Rooney who they felt had poor performances, so they were called out. It is that simple. Calling it an agenda, based on that small sample size, is baffling, considering that many fans felt Rooney was playing poorly at the time as well. His performances at that point also gained more attention because he was the captain and I believe one of our most expensive players based on wages.

Similarly lots of people have criticised Fred this season for poor performances. If we applied your logic, does that mean every single person who has criticised Fred this season has an agenda as well?

Last edited:

Devil may care

Goldbridge is funny at times but he's churning out videos to such a degree that the repetition is building, I do think he's a United fan though, the whole Forrest thing is just a lazy stick to beat him with, but his self confidence when talking tactics and about certain players reminds me of Del Boy. I think Flex and KG are a big loss for the channel but thankfully Ricky isn't on these days and the shows without Goldbridge with Leven, Beth, Jay, Kev and Jordan are a decent listen.

Flex's own channel is just getting started and has KG as well as a few other former United Stand members, it's very much the same format.

I've not watched Howson much since Full Time Devils ended, he's not bad in terms of his football knowledge but he's fairly obnoxious and full of his own self importance apart fom when he's simping for Rio. McKola is more likable but isn't as well versed in the game beyond being a fan, Jay Motty is decent as well, and I wonder what happened to John Shin after FTD, he was pretty good.

MacarisSocks

I watch most of his Goldridges United Stand vids but after 10-15 minutes he just tends to repeat himself. Beths worth watching as she's pretty straight and knowledgeable.

Flytan

I pretty much only watch in the offseason since most of them are either overeacting/underreacting to winning/losing or whatever is going on. And since I have that issue myself I feel like it's best not to compound that issue.

A bit confused on the Stretford Paddock channel though. It's a football club? Or is it a fan channel?

stevoc

I pretty much only watch in the offseason since most of them are either overeacting/underreacting to winning/losing or whatever is going on. And since I have that issue myself I feel like it's best not to compound that issue.

A bit confused on the Stretford Paddock channel though. It's a football club? Or is it a fan channel?
Both.

Will Singh

Don’t mind Goldbridge and end up clicking on he’s vids but always look forward to Rio and Howson as you get a lot of insight from Rio and Howson regardless of what you think of him he loves United and is a hardcore united fan.

Dante

Average bang

There's a United fan channel called Stretford Paddock.

One of the hosts on the fan channel also runs an amateur football club call Stretford Paddock.

They're two separate entities with a shared name and one shared host/chairman.

Tapori

I've been listening to Mark Goldbridge, surely I'm not the only one who thinks he'd fit in well here?
Mark Goldbridge is the Match-Day thread personified with more elaboration.
Paddock have a good mix of opinions but can't say I like some new potato they have on the match threads.

At least they've tried a variety of shows on Paddock; though not always funniest, the PL Psstake is a much needed light-hearted look at the weeks footy from a united-tinged banter.
Better than ARTETA

Tapori

Don’t mind Goldbridge and end up clicking on he’s vids but always look forward to Rio and Howson as you get a lot of insight from Rio and Howson regardless of what you think of him he loves United and is a hardcore united fan.
The Mike Phelan interview was fascinating; explains our approach somewhat:
"Well? What position did Robson specialize in?" Phelan rhetorically asks I think when Howson rightfully asks "Do we need a dedicated DM?"

Based Adnan

Goldbridge just comes across as a tinpot Partridge with pre rehearsed lines to me

Much prefer Stretford Paddock

MUFC OK

Definetely this. Few weeks back he was giving his in depth analysis on how we were pressing. Rio said no, we pressed like this
Yeah I saw a clip of Rio shutting him down in devastating fashion. Might start watching that podcast more frequently for similar moments :lol:

Pavl3n

I watch Howson's '5 things we learned' sometimes and Goldbridge's transfer videos as he invites Romano quite often during transfer windows. But generally speaking Mark is a jester and it's amusing watching his other videos.
McKolla is .. meh. I never agree with his opinions and he seems to standby those regardless if he's proved wrong. Remember watching the live fan debate with Neville, Carragher and Keane. McKolla went on ranting about something and he was explained by all three that he's wrong. Yet he kept on going, which really didn't buy him any respect from me.

Chairman Steve

Goldbridge is like the Adrian Durham of Man Utd fan channels in that he’ll just say something controversial and rabble rouse people into giving him views and attention. I think those livestreams of him playing FIFA are kinda funny though based on the clips I’ve seen.

Stretford Paddock seem okay. Aren’t they the ones who have two guys who are furiously pro-Solskjaer and will do all kinds of mental gymnastics to defend him? Or is that another channel?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I dislike all the fan cammers pretty much.

Howson is a twat. The gimp used to charge tourists money to take them to the pub before a game... and he'd charge people to give them a tour around the national football museum (which is free). An absolute grifter.
Strange thing to be angry about. Most tour guides show you around places that are free to enter.

youmeletsfly

Stretford Paddock
If Howson is on it, it's pretty good. If the others are on it, it's one of the worst channels you could watch in my opinion. During the summer they were spouting transfer shit like they were the daily mail, every random rumor was a story for them.

Based Adnan

If Howson is on it, it's pretty good. If the others are on it, it's one of the worst channels you could watch in my opinion. During the summer they were spouting transfer shit like they were the daily mail, every random rumor was a story for them.
I quite like Joe and Jay as well

Yeah the transfer stuff where they stand outside OT and go through every single story regardless of reliability is a bit annoying. I just give those a miss.

Nash27

Any channel except the united stand. Its a channel for trolls and miserable toxic people. Steer well clear.

Chief123

Yeah I do like McKola. His passion for United seems very genuine, and when him and that city twat they have on Kick off get into an argument it's very funny.
I can't stand the City fan (Moovie?)...he's so smug! You can just tell McKola wants to absolutely lamp him every time he talks but ends up keeping it professional.

It's going to be interesting now that Brian (True Geordie) will have a dog in the fight very soon with the inevitable rise of Newcastle. He's just been a presenter in recent years, but now he's going to be part of the elite beef.

cyberman

McKola is a thick plank. He can’t hold a conversation with anybody who disagrees with him

Danillaco

Yeah I do like McKola. His passion for United seems very genuine, and when him and that city twat they have on Kick off get into an argument it's very funny.
McKola is great, and better even when in the kickoff.

And I really like Goldbrigde. Very bitchy sometimes, but fun to watch.