YouTube United channels

Bowden

They must have knew admission was free though not like it's hard to find out and if he was giving them a tour then that's fair enough isn't it? Tour guides don't work for free.

The pub thing I'm not sure about, I wouldn't pay to go and have a drink with a bloke off Youtube but each to their own I suppose.
Same. While it's the last thing I would do, if someone wants to pay to go for a drink with him, that's up to them. For a lot of fans, particularly the younger ones, their engagement with United fandom is through these channels, and so Howson, Goldbridge and McKola etc are 'big deals' in this circle.

VivaUnited21

I watch a lot of Mark Goldbridge and The United Stand, He's brilliant and hilarious in my opinion.

Also his Fifa Streams are absolutely bang on if you need a good laugh.. Especially when he plays Burnley.. "Always Bloody Burnley" :lol:

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I'm a big fan of Goldbridge. Yes, he stirs the pot on purpose sometimes and I don't always agree with him, but I think he's usually pretty spot on. People spout nonsense about him being a Forest fan - watch the show for a few weeks and you'll see that's not true. He generates debate and does a good job of highlighting that in spite of our on the field problems, the issues at this club go to the very top. During lockdown when there was no footy, TUS was great for at least getting some footy-related content. Goldbridge was excellent during that.

LInkash

I don't feel like Goldbridge says anything particularly controversial. Anyone have examples?

Remember the geese

I find Goldbridge the most likeable of the United YouTube lads. Howson and McKola at the bottom end of that scale. Listening to Howson lately, he seems to think he's some sort of Fergie/Guardiola hybrid.

Nicoseth

I find Goldbridge the most likeable of the United YouTube lads. Howson and McKola at the bottom end of that scale. Listening to Howson lately, he seems to think he's some sort of Fergie/Guardiola hybrid.

I stopped listening to him ages ago. Came across as super arrogant and footy for the lads. Got tired of listening to his talking about drinking gin and getting hammered.

Spoony

The People's President
Howson is arrogant but he's watchable, the Goldbridge fella is utter cringe. He's like a hysterical girl.

Zapata

I watch anyone who is calling out the glazers constantly and goldbridge usually always does.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Howson I think has tremendous bias which seeps through. The two other side presenters (Joe and the other guy) aren't great either. The guests are good though.

McCola is the best to watch out of those 3 but he is on the defensive almost 99% of the time on KickOff.

Josh 76

Howson is arrogant but he's watchable, the Goldbridge fella is utter cringe. He's like a hysterical girl.
Goldbridge is comedy gold.

“If you were swimming in a pool of shit, and you have someone offer you a nice hot shower, you wouldn’t say no and carry on swimming in the shit”

His take on Ole and Conte!
Haha

Spoony

The People's President
To each their own. I would say that Howson spouts more shite and I stopped listening when I realized he actually talked less about United and more about himself and his mates.

Yeah I do disagree with him plenty of times. The only properly decent football channel is Tifo the Athletic. Pretentious perhaps but it's very interesting and detailed.

Last edited:

b82REZ

Yeah I do disagree with him plenty of times. The only probably decent football channel is Tifo the Athletic. Pretentious perhaps but it's very interesting and detailed.
My only experience with Howson is on Five. He's a thundercnut, so I'm never going to watch Stretford Paddock. In fact it's testament to how good Rio's analysis is that I can bear that arrogant twat.

Another thing with him is he loves to give it out but cannot take it back at all, and Rio can sometimes be a bit sensitive to United criticism. I actually feel for Joel sometimes because you can tell he's having a laugh and Howson will turn into a right nasty bastard with him.

Spoony

The People's President
My only experience with Howson is on Five. He's a thundercnut, so I'm never going to watch Stretford Paddock. In fact it's testament to how good Rio's analysis is that I can bear that arrogant twat.

Another thing with him is he loves to give it out but cannot take it back at all, and Rio can sometimes be a bit sensitive to United criticism. I actually feel for Joel sometimes because you can tell he's having a laugh and Howson will turn into a right nasty bastard with him.

True.

I like Rio's channel, Howson is a bit Billy Big Bollocks and he likes to lick Rio's arse...it's an issue. Joel seems like a nice bloke, doesn't deserve Howson's personal attacks.

KingCavani

They’re all so fake. Goldbridge especially. He doesn’t react like a human being, all a show.

Lebowski

Mark Goldbridge is unbearable.

If I had to pick a single manifestation of the elements of United's fanbase that irritate me the most it would be him.

Entitlement culture, self-importance, mining every small event or throwaway quote from an obscure article for outrage, vastly overrating your own tactical and football knowledge... he's like the worst elements of the Caf and twitter football chat brought to life.

There's clearly a market for that, particularly among young overseas fans I would imagine, and he's presumably making a very good living catering to those people, but good lord the man is irritating.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I disagree, mate. He's a genuine fan - I get just as upset as him.
So genuine he has a parody name on youtube. Hyperbole is his sell, if I'm not mistaken he admits to be over exaggerative because he knows it attracts viewers.

Spoony

The People's President
Mark Goldbridge is unbearable.

If I had to pick a single manifestation of the elements of United's fanbase that irritate me the most it would be him.

Entitlement culture, self-importance, mining every small event or throwaway quote from an obscure article for outrage, vastly overrating your own tactical and football knowledge... he's like the worst elements of the Caf and twitter football chat brought to life.

There's clearly a market for that, particularly among young overseas fans I would imagine, and he's presumably making a very good living catering to those people, but good lord the man is irritating.

I agree.

He's probably got an account on here.

wolvored

He has Incey on and a girl called Beth and white van man who does his part of the United stand usually driving it round the town. Can't recall his name though. What is flex new show called?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Goldbridge seems to me like a hybrid of David Brent and Alan Partridge.

I sometimes put his show on after a United loss just to hear whatever oddly worded, and makes you feel a little uncomfortable on his behalf, analogy he says next.

I won't begrudge the bloke his success mind. If you don't like it then don't watch. I find that I like it in small doses and mainly for comedic value (and not because he's trying to be funny).

Nicoseth

So genuine he has a parody name on youtube. Hyperbole is his sell, if I'm not mistaken he admits to be over exaggerative because he knows it attracts viewers.
100% he does that, mate - no doubt. Just saying that he is also a genuine fan - been listening to him long enough to ignore the bluff and fluff, but a lot of his content is good and generates some thought and debate.

Green Arrow

He has Incey on and a girl called Beth and white van man who does his part of the United stand usually driving it round the town. Can't recall his name though. What is flex new show called?
I do tend to watch TUS and Goldbridge does seem engaged with what's happening I don't mid him. The guy is called Adam he knows his stuff too does match day Vlogs. I think Flex one is called The United View.

Flytan

Goldbridge seems to me like a hybrid of David Brent and Alan Partridge.

I sometimes put his show on after a United loss just to hear whatever oddly worded, and makes you feel a little uncomfortable on his behalf, analogy he says next.

I won't begrudge the bloke his success mind. If you don't like it then don't watch. I find that I like it in small doses and mainly for comedic value (and not because he's trying to be funny).
He's been calling fans "mushrooms" lately because the club "shits on us". It's comedy gold

NewUser777

Goldbridge is full of shit and a shit stirring prat. Not much knowledge in football either. They had something going, but loosing Flex and KG killed it. That Adam character is the most depressing and negative character of them all. That Irish fella is so angry and boring.. Stoped watching them..

I find Stretford paddock and Hawson less on the sensational side and more oriented around the football side of things. Perfect fit for me. “The View” is alright, and more honest than that Goldbridge prat. Just look at his twitter today. All shit stir..

Flytan

Goldbridge is full of shit and a shit stirring prat. Not much knowledge in football either. They had something going, but loosing Flex and KG killed it. That Adam character is the most depressing and negative character of them all. That Irish fella is so angry and boring.. Stoped watching them..

I find Stretford paddock and Hawson less on the sensational side and more oriented around the football side of things. Perfect fit for me. “The View” is alright, and more honest than that Goldbridge prat. Just look at his twitter today. All shit stir..
See I have the opposite view of howson, I think he's too buddy buddy with the club now to give a fair opinion of anything. Ever since the rebranding to stretforf paddock that whole channel just feels off to me

wolvored

I do tend to watch TUS and Goldbridge does seem engaged with what's happening I don't mid him. The guy is called Adam he knows his stuff too does match day Vlogs. I think Flex one is called The United View.
Thanks

NewUser777

See I have the opposite view of howson, I think he's too buddy buddy with the club now to give a fair opinion of anything. Ever since the rebranding to stretforf paddock that whole channel just feels off to me
Fair enough. I’m sure we don’t like the same movies either, but that’s ok. Just, i agree more with what Hawson and stretford says more often than not. A good daily utd dose for me.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I'd suggest United Peoples TV. Its a smaller channel then both of them. It's got more depth then the United Stand and it feels less coming straight out of Ole's arse and top red stuff then Howson. The guy in question seems to be a nice and honest guy as well. When standards on his channel slipped he openly admitted to have had mental issues and he gives loads of free stuff to his community as well.

Flytan

I'd suggest United Peoples TV. Its a smaller channel then both of them. It's got more depth then the United Stand and it feels less coming straight out of Ole's arse and top red stuff then Howson. The guy in question seems to be a nice and honest guy as well. When standards on his channel slipped he openly admitted to have had mental issues and he gives loads of free stuff to his community as well.
I'll give him a watch, thanks for the suggestion.

NewUser777

Cheers! I’ll check it out.

Dante

Average bang
Whatever else you think of him, Howson is a well-read and intelligent football obsessive. Yes, he's brash and arrogant. And I certainly don't agree with him on everything. But I respect him enough to know I'm getting a footballing opinion from somebody with an understanding of the game. Even if he is a bit of a twat.

Goldbridge is like the stupidest reactionary Caf newbie who's too dim-witted to get promoted. He poisons the fanbase by drawing people in with his 'jokes'. Then he spews utter nonsense about the club which gets repeated to the point of becoming self-supporting. And that bullshit ultimately gets posted on this forum as though it's the truth.

Spoony

The People's President
Whatever else you think of him, Howson is a well-read and intelligent football obsessive. Yes, he's brash and arrogant. And I certainly don't agree with him on everything. But I respect him enough to know I'm getting a footballing opinion from somebody with an understanding of the game. Even if he is a bit of a twat.

Goldbridge is like the stupidest reactionary Caf newbie who's too dim-witted to get promoted. He poisons the fanbase by drawing people in with his 'jokes'. Then he spews utter nonsense about the club which gets repeated to the point of becoming self-supporting. And that bullshit ultimately gets posted on this forum as though it's the truth.

Howson comes across as very passionate about United which is enough to draw me in.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The closest I get to United content are Rio's interviews on occasion.
The fan interviews after the match on Stretford Paddock are the only thing I've seen that were somewhat interesting. Anything else :boring: