You've been given (insert relevant Qatar money) to spend on players. Make us champions ...

UpWithRivers

40 mill - Kim Min-Jae - If its true that he has a 40 mill release clause then its a no brainer as replacement for Maguire
50 mill - Palhinha - Yeah Fulham just signed him but I can't think of a better back up to Casemiro. Just offer double what they paid
80 mill - De Jong - A better fit, Ten Haag first choice and cheaper than 100 plus for Bellingham, Rice etc.
50 mill - Florian Wirtz - Just come back from a 10 month lay off. A bit of a risk but what a special player. Ideal back up to Bruno in the 10.
60 mill - Ivan Toney - Another risk because of his betting scandals but again what a perfect back up striker. If he somehow gets a shorter ban say 2 months instead of 6 then I say we can wait for him. Means we can get him cheaper
100 Kvarat - I've gone back and forth over Oshimen/Kane. Both would be brilliant but have their flaws/risks. I think going for Kvarat would be a better solution. The kids just special. I have said for years that Rashford is no striker but I think he's evolving. If we can get this front three to work then it would be on another level
Free - Ndika

Total - 400 mill ish

If we are going to catch City we need a top quality back up team and this will give us a squad as good as anyones.

--------------------------------------------De Gea / Anyone
Wan B/Dalot-------Varane/Kim------Martinez/NDika------------Shaw/Malacia
---------------------Casemiro/Paulinha--------De Jong/Eriksen
------------------------------------------Bruno/Wirtz
Antony/Sancho-----------------Rashford/Toney----------------------- Kvarat /Garnacho

Now 400 mill is nuts but I have a plan - sell
Maguire - 30m
Lindelof - 15m
Fred - 20m
McTominay - 20m
Telles - 10m
Martial - 10m
Henderson - 15m
Bailly - 15m
Brandon - 10m
Amad - 15m with buyback clause
Pellestri - 10m with buyback clause
Donny - 15m
Elanga - 15m

Total 200 mill. I think thats all fair prices. But I have another ace up my sleeve -

Sell Greenwood to Quatar/Saudis - 100mill- You might think I'm crazy but this seems like an ideal solution for everyone. Greenwood needs to go somewhere far away for a few years to rebuild his reputation. He can double his money, put his head down and try come back in 3/4 years. He will still be only 24/25. Plenty of time to achieve things at the highest level. Quatar get a level of player at a young age that they would never normally get. We get 100 mill which is the going rate for a player of his ability.

Thats 300 mill incoming. Lets say 200 if we don't manage all the sales and the prices are off etc. 400 spent. Thats 200 mill spent which can be spread over 5 years for fair play reasons. Done.

Last edited by a moderator:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am not a big fan of loads of big signings at one go. They never really work. Thus I'd go

Kim Min Jae - 40m
Achraf Hakimi - 80m
Laimer - free
Barella - 70m
Vlahovic -70m