You've been given (insert relevant Qatar money) to spend on players. Make us champions ...

FujiVice

This January the estimated value being quoted that Chelsea have spent on players is around £300 million. Take the current United site and add 300 million worth of talent. Who would you bring in?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This January the estimated value being quoted that Chelsea have spent on players is around £300 million. Take the current United site and add 300 million worth of talent. Who would you bring in?
Its not the money that would do it. Its the coaching and culture, which requires a quality manager.

shaky

I guess we'd have a chance to win the league this year if we could take £300m worth of talent from Arsenal right now, so let's go with that. Can we buy all of Arsenal & City's goalkeepers?

LInkash

I guess we'd have a chance to win the league this year if we could take £300m worth of talent from Arsenal right now, so let's go with that.
Maybe 230 from Arsenal and 70 from City.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
fun question OP, for me rather than get a load of cheap lads that add nothing, go for a few of the best, bearing in mind pants may get pulled down.

-Oshimen
- Bellingham

if we have change and get a good deal i'd like Gvardiol too. These would really tighten up the spine of the team with options.

Steve Bruce

Osimhen 100m
Sesko 50m
Tonali 50m
Lampty 30m
Timber 40m

If sabitzer does well spend the rest on him.

I don't know the figures really needed to get these players so I've guessed them. Some might be over some might be short.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
We only need two players - Patrick Schick as our starting forward and Giovanni Simeone to bring on as super sub after around 70 minutes. We would be unstoppable :drool:

BlueHaze

We only need two players - Patrick Schick as our starting forward and Giovanni Simeone to bring on as super sub after around 70 minutes. We would be unstoppable :drool:
Schick is having a horrid season and rough injury issues..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Andy Carroll first in the door - just to keep the lads safe.

Then Bellingham and Oshimen, Raya, Rabiot or Tielemanns (Free squad options) and whoever the RB version of Malacia is.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Jude, Vlahovic, Timber, Tielemans (free). Yes, we will be paying that sweet United tax.

Lynty

Champions this season?

Bellingham and Neymar

I doubt £300m would be enough to get both on in a January window. And we'd still be dependant on Arsenal dropping points.

300m? Mbappe. The rest of the team is already there, add a goalscorer like that and we would easily be a better team than Arsenal.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Tielemans in the summer freebie MID
Timber 80m DEF
Raya 40m GK
Vlahovic 75m FWD
Bellingham 120m.

Slight overspend, but we can sell Maguire for 15m to make up the shortfall.

Baneofthegame

So we have to be realistic for teams giving up their players mid season? If not:

Osimhem 120
FDJ 75
Hakimi 90
Raya 15

Teja

I think our priority list is set. Both fans and the club agree it's CF, CM, GK.

CM profile is clear (a #8, but someone who can dictate tempo and has some defensive workrate). Caicedo for 70-75M would be great.

GK has been obvious profile forever. Ball playing keeper to offer us an additional option when we're playing it out along with obviously being a decent keeper. Raya would be fine for 30-40M.

CF is uncertain for me. It seems like EtH wants a Martial type player who can link up well and have Rashford as the primary attacking outlet and not an out and out #9 like Haaland, Nunez etc. I think Kane (100M) would be amazing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
  1. Central midfielder who plays well under the press, short pass master, carries the ball well - £60-100m
  2. Mobile no.9 who bags at a respectable rate. Passable in the build-up — £70-100m
  3. GK capable of playing with the ball to feet, capable of claiming high balls — £30-50m

Rest of it goes on another other position of priority we deem fit (maybe a right back or a CB if one leaves)

NFM

Given today's news, the majority of funds available can buy a young midfielder from Germany and a new goalkeeper. Maybe a new RB but not a priority.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Bellingham - £120m - Sell Scott = £25m
Marquinhos - £70m - Sell Maguire and Jones = £40m
Serge Gnabry - £50m - Sell Elanga = £25m
Kovacic - £30m

Total = £180m net spend.

Then maybe get Osimhen.

InfiniteBoredom

£200m = Mbappe or Osimhen+ Evan Ferguson
£80m = De Jong
£30m = Dumfries
£60m = Caicedo
£30m = Raya

Sell Maguire, Bailly, Elanga, Pellistri, Mctominay, Tuanzebe = £100m.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
lads, even in fantasy land PSG would laugh in you face if offered 240M for Mbappe

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Oshimen/Kane
De Jong
Sanitizer and Weghorst for depth if it works out

Keep the change

Rojofiam

Diogo Costa 65m (release clause)
Bellingham 150m (worst case estimate)
Kane 85m (1 year left)

Superden

Spend all of it on anti aging scientists and take 10 yeara off casemiero and bring cantona back.

Rob Bowman

I would start by looking at what we have as in real quality...

Starting XI...............

-----------------------De Gea---------------------
Dalot-----Varane---Martinez----Shaw
--------------------Casemiro-------------------
-------------Bruno--------???????------------
???????---------------------------Rashford
------------------????????----------------------

Now knowing Juventus is in some trouble I would look to take Chiesa on the RW for 60Mil (all prices according to TransferMarkt.de). For our striker I would go with either Vlohovic for 80Mil also at Juventus, or Osiemen for 70Mil. This leaves 110Mil for Bellingham. I would that that would get us very very competitive again and still leave some change for any other tweaks we might need.

zaafi

Why are people adding Sesko to the squad along with Osimhen? How is a 19 year old inexperienced striker with 5 goals in 17 matches in the Austrian League going to help us win the league? :houllier:

Might as well keep Martial and Weghorst as backups for Osimhen who are both better than Sesko.

Hoof the ball

(Enters Premier League office)

"I have 300 million quid. I can get it in cash, if you like, otherwise, I'm good to transfer it. Can we work something out to makes us champions?"

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Kane gives us our biggest chance of winning the league. ETH is extremely keen on de Jong. Throw in Hakimi for fun and that would make us champions imo.

jesperjaap

£300m to make us chapmions totally wrong ethos....more about strengthening the right positions with the right players to move us forward long term.

I wouldnt blow a tonne of money on Kane at his age for a short term trophy haul possibility.

We need a CF if not two, depending on how events turn out from today
A box to box CM

The other buys are dependant on who goes as for me a right back and young centre back and GK could well be getting looked at.

Have slated Chelsea a few times as a club last ouple of days and the fact they hav espent so much the last two windows....and yet there biggest need of a striker they hav egot a youngster is laughable.....Gusto and Enzo Fernandez would hav ebeen two of my most wanted

Castia

Bellingham (140m)
Oshimen (100m)
Hakimi (80m)
Gvardiol (90m)
=410m

Sell Maguire, Elanga, McTominay, Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Martial to raise the extra funds.

4 in 6 out

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The worst thing a club can do is to fixate on trophies. Juventus did that with the CL and look what that got them. United should aim on improving the squad himself for the sake of it. Gaps will need to be closed, performances need to improve, a winning mentality needs to be instilled and then trophies will come naturally.

Defence

In: Kim Min Jae 43m (minimum fee clause), Timber 55m

Out: Maguire: 30m, AWB 20M

Reasoning: Kim Min Jae is a giant. He's fast, he's tall, he's solid, he's a winner and on top of that he's available for peanuts. Timber's passing ability is off the charts. He's also fast and had played under ETH. I think he'd slot in the converted FB role that Blind covered at Ajax during ETH's time

Midfield:

DM: Declan Rice: 70m. Tonali 50m, Houssem Aouar FREE

Out: McTominay 20m, Fred 20m,

Reasoning we have realised how important a top quality DM is for us in Casemiro. Unfortunately legs are the first to go and Casemiro is in his 30s. Rice fits ETH's system greatly. He's a DM, he's a leader and he'd benefit greatly with Casemiro being around. I'd also add Tonali in the mix. He's a hard working deep lying playmaker whom I think would fit very well as Eriksen cover/competition. Finally I wouldn't mind if we take a punt on Aouar whose on free.

STK:

IN: Vlahovic 80m

Harry Kane is the present but Vlahovic has the potential to be the future. 6ft3, a natural scorer and at age 23, Vlahovic could lead our line for years to come. With Juventus in shambles we might even get him on cheap. With Martial, Mcneill and the guy that can't be named back I think we'd have enough backup