You've been given (insert relevant Qatar money) to spend on players. Make us champions ...

UpWithRivers

Kane - 90
Bellingham - 110
Ivan Toney - 60 mill
Kim Min Jae - 45 mill
Kamada - Free
Ndika - Free

kaku06

My type of thread. Good.

David raya - 20m
De Jong - 70m
Rice - 80m
Kane - 80m
Kolo Muani - 30m
Kyle Walker peters - 20m (if soton get relegated)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My type of thread. Good.

David raya - 20m
De Jong - 70m
Rice - 80m
Kane - 80m
Kolo Muani - 30m
Kyle Walker peters - 20m (if soton get relegated)
Youl Pick KWP for far less if they get relegated.

TheRedHearted

I would buy a hundred players for 3,000,000 a piece.
I would create a army. Have them battle it out for best starting 11.
Other option is a thousand players for 300,000. It’s a gamble but surely a few of them will be gems!
The others would be required to go to games and be great singers, the ones who can’t be in the stadium would have to stand outside old Trafford during home games, chanting.
:angel: :smirk:
before anyone asks my name is not Todd Boehly

zaafi

David Raya - 20m
Frenkie de Jong - 65m
Kouadio Koné - 30m
Victor Osimhen - 110m
Serge Gnabry - 75m
Evan N'Dicka - Free

lex talionis

I assume we're only talking about players for which there is at least a 1% chance of bringing them in. Thus, no Haaland.

Pretty simple, actually:

Kane
De Jong

Perhaps there's only a 1% of bringing either in, but this is a pipe dream thread. 250m should be enough to pry those two loose from their clubs. And of course in any serious discuss about player acquisition costs, we need to think about the wages and not just the transfer fees. 50m between those two should be enough to get them interested in leaving their clubs.

With Kane and De Jong, it's really hard to see where the glaring weakness is. It's become fashionable here to denigrate De Gea, who was hilariously trashed here a few weeks ago as "arguably the worst keeper in the PL". Pickford is a massive step below De Gea, but if someone wants Pickford or Raya (I've actually read such posts over the last few months) or whoever, whatever. But if we want to go from PL contender to PL favorite we need a massive upgrade over Martial and Eriksen, both of whom would excellent squad men.

Andersons Dietician

Watching us I always feel like our midfield is just not quite there at the top level. Bruno and Eriksen are really good players but I always feel like to truly compete for the biggest prizes they won’t cut it. It feels crazy to say that but I’m just not sure their combined skill sets however great are enough. Neither can really control a midfield, one has the skill set for it but not the engine, the other has the engine for it but not the mind set or passing ability.

So maybe someone like DeJong in with Casemiro and just let Bruno do Bruno things and Eriksen in rotation, but then Bellingham looks like a can’t miss out on kinda signing so it causes issues.

Then is 300 mil even enough to get this team to proper title contention?

Defender, possibly 2 midfielders and a proven goal scorer who can also elevate people like Rashford, Antony, Sancho and Bruno.

HookedOnAPhelan

I wouldn't spend it on Haaland

I wouldn't spend it on Mbappe

I wouldn't spend it on Bellingham

I'd spend it on Eboue

Tiber

I'd just buy Ajax and save ourselves a fortune on transfer fees in the long term

footballbite

I'll stick to realistic targets (don't see Mbappe joining Utd).

I think even just Kane (80) and FDJ (70) could be enough to make a real challenge. If not Kane it'd either be Ramos or Osimhen, but I might pick Ramos for his potential plus the Portuguese connection.
With Bellingham I'd be worried of Utd's poor experience with Dortmund players.

I'd also use some of the remaining funds to pick up a few quality back-ups with one eye on the future:

Ferguson 70
Kokcu 25
if there's also some very highly rated young right-sided CB about? I don't rate Min Jae. Also, even though Gvardiol is great, two left-footed CBs in a back 4 just seems wrong somehow.

Perhaps a GK, probably Sanchez, but I'm not convinced it's that urgent still.

Pintu

6 months ago I’d have said take Bremer form Torino at all costs. Now I have big doubts about him… 2 years ago that player would have been Mason Mount (now not so much)… If we go longer back that player was Delli Ali…

Other than that, I was genuinely excited when we signed Di Maria at some point and later Sanchez. (We all know now how misguided that was..)

So my obvious conclusion from that is I don’t know the business… First I’d poach football direction and scouting staff from some smart club Atalanta, Brighton (maybe Benfica or Ajax if that’s possible). Make one of these teams work for us… And then I’d let them decide…

Shnabb

Benzema for free. FDJ, Dumfries and someone random for the rest.

Bwuk

Kimmich - 80
Osimhen - 120
Saka - 100

De Gea
Hakimi - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Kimmich - Casemiro
Saka - Bruno - Rashford
Osimhen​

norm87cro

In a world of football managers online people tend to forget one thing: when Manchester United show interest for a player the other club increases his value for about 30%.
I guess Kane, Haaland and KDB would be great but if we wanted to spend 600 mil that wouldnt be realistic.

Kopral Jono

Gvardiol, FDJ/Caicedo and Kane. Sign Sabitzer permanently if he does well.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think to be champion in the short term but: Lunin for the goal + Álex Balde + Fresneda (Valladolid right back), about 150 million euros?
Luca Prestianni, a promising Argentine winger 75 million. With the remaining I would try to tempt Atletico with Pablo Barrios, midfielder and some kid from Brazil, the next Endrick.

Reynoldo

Oshimen/Kane
De Jong
Sanitizer and Weghorst for depth if it works out

Keep the change
Typo I think? But it would be a great nickname for a midfielder especially a DM...The Sanitizer!!!

AlexUTD

BUY:
Mbappe £180M
De Jong £65M
Raya £20M
Dumfries £45M
Gvardiol £85M
Timber £80M
--------------------------
= £475M

SELL:
Maguire £35M
Lindeløf £35M
AWB £35M
Mctominay £35M
Elanga £30M
Williams £5M
---------------------------
= £175M

Balance = £475M - £175M = £300M
---------------------------------------------------

kirk buttercup

BUY:
Mbappe £180M
De Jong £65M
Raya £20M
Dumfries £45M
Gvardiol £85M
Timber £80M
--------------------------
= £475M

SELL:
Maguire £35M
Lindeløf £35M
AWB £35M
Mctominay £35M
Elanga £30M
Williams £5M
---------------------------
= £175M

Balance = £475M - £175M = £300M
This looks amazing but the prices are a bit off. No way we get the prices for our players quoted. And No way we get players as cheap as that. But I do love it in theory

AlexUTD

This looks amazing but the prices are a bit off. No way we get the prices for our players quoted. And No way we get players as cheap as that. But I do love it in theory
Looking at that clubs wich are interested in the players and what we bought them for i dont think its that far off?

Mbappe got short contract and we had £65M bid accepted in summer for De Jong i thought?

Maybe im wrong, im no agent :lol:

NoPace

80M Kane - Would be great in Ten Hag's system, teams would push their lines up to deal with his lack of pace but that seems like more of a CL problem really
80M De Jong - Ten Hag wants him and he probably hasn't played his best football yet in his career.
30M Vanderson - A healthy Reece James would be ideal. But I dunno, Vanderson? He looked quite good against PSV in those 2 games I watched. Hope that Livramento becomes a star by next year? Our only core HG players are the backup keeper spot, Rashford, Shaw, Sancho, and now Kane in this build, but 5 is enough I think. Hakimi would be even better than James but he seems unlikely to want to move to us.
20M Samba - Stats are convincing, he was apparently the best keeper in the Championship and is doing very well in Ligue 1. Sanchez's numbers are less impressive but when I watch him I see a keeper who might be an 8/10 at every single thing if he peaks at say 26+ which lots of keepers do.
30 Amrabat - Just someone pretty good to back up Casemiro. Declan Rice if I still have 80M, Edson Alvarez if I have 45. Let's just assume Amrabat is more willing to be a backup and can be bought for 30M in the summer.

Then probably Maguire wants to leave, so:
45M Kim Min-Jae Stats are good, looks the part, his team is better with him in it and as strong as ours if not better, not sure why he'd want to leave but many Asian players do seem to have the Prem as their dream. Fee is from what I remember the release clause being for like a week this summer.

---------------------------------------Kane(Martial)------------------------------------------------
Rashford(Garnacho)------Bruno(Sancho)-----------------Antony(Amad)
-------------------De Jong(Eriksen)---------Casemiro(Amrabat)---------------------
Shaw(Malacia)-----Lisandro(Shaw)---Varance(Min)---------Dalot(Vanderson)
----------------------------------------Samba(Heaton)-------------------------------------------

Lindelof is the depth CB and Fred sticks around for one final year in which he doesn't get quite as much playing time as he'd like.

Irwin99

Said it before but really if you add Kane and De Jong (assuming he plays the role Eriksen does) then that's a really strong title challenging first team. Look at what is already there;

• Antony will only get better and has Sancho for competition on the RW role
  • Rashford finally has that left spot nailed down
  • Dalot and Shaw seem to be able to play exactly the way EtH wants his full backs to play
  • Varane and Martinez are an outstanding duo (Lindelof and Shaw are capable of stepping in and doing a job)
  • Casemiro and Bruno are class
DDG might be considered a bit of a weak link but i still think he's a very good goalkeeper and I'd hate Pickford to replace him like some have suggested. Even so, maybe a new goalkeeper might be added eventually. Another full back for depth/competition maybe and another DM? This team isn't far away.

kaku06

Kimmich - 80
Osimhen - 120
Saka - 100

De Gea
Hakimi - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
Kimmich - Casemiro
Saka - Bruno - Rashford
Osimhen​
How did you get Hakimi if you spent all your money on Kimmich, Osimhen, Saka? You can’t be trusted with a penny.