Yves Bissouma / Signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

Thing is, sometimes you also have to remember there’s a wide age demographic spread on here. I also get fed up at a lot of the excessive petulance on here, but then I’m in my thirties now and I remember some people are significantly younger and their emotional expression is probably different. I began using this forum when I was 16 myself, so technically just under half my life I’ve been on here. The things I would post at the beginning were often silly and embarrassing if I’m honest. You never know who you are debating with.
You're right. I do forget that sometimes but I compare people with myself and I can count on one hand the times I was an emotional wreck regarding this kinda stuff like some people are on here.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I agree, Bissouma would've been a good option next to de Jong in a potential double pivot (4231). But like I said in my previous post there's plenty of options for us.

But if we do sign de Jong, then it does seem like we're gonna utilise a 4231 formation in possession. So the player we need is someone who fits the profile as far as being the more defensively discipline out of the two, which will allow de Jong the creative freedom to knit it all together. So if the aim is to play in the opponents half with and without the ball, then we need someone who is quick and tenacious going the other way, because getting caught on the break in 1v1 situations is going to be a reality. So having a player who will provide the required positional awareness, discipline and the ability to defend a large space against the opponent's transition in a 1v1 scenario is important imo.

Konrad Laimer and Amadou Haidara of RB Leipzig could both play the role next to de Jong in a double pivot. I was against us signing both players to play next to McFred in a double pivot, but next to de Jong the outlook changes for obvious reasons.

But I'd personally go for Man-u Kone from Gladbach. He's recently turned 21, and is still maturing as a player. But I think he has the potential to develop into a very good player in midfield next to de Jong. He's physically and athletically gifted and is improving on the ball. I think a player like Kone would also benefit greatly from a teacher like ten Hag.

We've also been linked to the player, so it remains to be seen if we make a move for him. Gladbach signed him last year after beating out Milan, Monaco and non other than Man Utd according to Fabrizio Romano. He eventually joined Gladbach for €9m, due to his club Toulouse having no option but to sell him for a knock down price with his contract running down.

Forgot to say thanks for the reply.

romufc

Other clubs pay the compensation to get managers in. We don't because we are looking more of a Mickey Mouse outfit than Disney.
Compensation is to get them out the contract. You must be completely deluded to think Ten Hag was going to join us in October when he was in the CL with all wins, top of Eredivise.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Last week I was assured no top 6 club would go near him. A week later he’s in the Champions League with not so much as a sentence of media negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.