Yves Bissouma / Signs for Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bissouma can play DM or B2B. You know, like Keane, Ince, Butt, almost all our successful DMs we've ever had. Rice is just a CB in midfield.
Apparently, Solskjaer dismissed a move for Bissouma this Summer, as he called him a B2B midfielder, and not what we were looking for...
Hopefully, Solskjaer does rethink that, as this fella looks the business.

Tarrou

Bissouma can play DM or B2B. You know, like Keane, Ince, Butt, almost all our successful DMs we've ever had. Rice is just a CB in midfield.
Rice is starting DM for his country, I think we can give him a bit of credit for being able to play the DM role well

MadMike

Apparently, Solskjaer dismissed a move for Bissouma this Summer, as he called him a B2B midfielder, and not what we were looking for...
Depending on what type of DM Ole thinks he needs, he’s not wrong.

If he wants a deep playmaker CDM to complement the energy we already have in midfield, then Bissouma is not that. He’s marginally better than Rice in possession and passing stats. Well behind players like Neves for example.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That was according to Miguel Delaney who is more often wrong than right.

RUCK4444

I get the frustration but personally speaking, if that quote is true, it means Ole is looking for a traditional DM rather than another b2b player.

Which in my opinion is the correct decision. It’s something I questioned with Bissouma as well (if he can play DM.)

I’m not a big fan of Rice but I think he serves the purpose better than another box to box player.

Dante

Average bang
If we fancied him, we would have bought him this summer. The supposed asking price was reasonable enough and Bissouma seemingly likes United.

So Ole obviously has his eye on somebody else. We were either blocked by that target's contract situation, his wish not to move at this moment, or his transfer fee.

Next summer, when United have a bit more money in the bank, I imagine we'll go for a specific other midfielder. Probably Rice or Bellingham.

Bissouma was too easily available this window for him to have been our primary option. Solskjaer won't buy a backup player just for the sake of it. We already have enough backup level players in the squad.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was listening to a Norweigan journo (Per Atle Karlsen) who has interviewed Ole several times and is quite often seen in press conferences. And according to him we prioritized other positions over midfield in the window just gone.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rice is starting DM for his country, I think we can give him a bit of credit for being able to play the DM role well
Southgate is a shite manager. The only requirement he seems to have for his CMs is that they're not creative, which Rice fulfils handily.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If we fancied him, we would have bought him this summer. The supposed asking price was reasonable enough and Bissouma seemingly likes United.
So Ole obviously has his eye on somebody else. We were either blocked by that target's contract situation, his wish not to move at this moment, or his transfer fee.
I think that's nail on the head.
We'd have maybe gone for Camavinga if he was open to move to United, otherwise, I don't feel the club had any genuine conviction in this department.
Next Summer, you'd think that Midfield would command most of our budget and focus, the exception being Haaland, if we can get to the front of that queue.

Bwuk

I like Bissouma but I'm not having for a minute deep down he thinks that.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I like Bissouma but I'm not having for a minute deep down he thinks that.
It's about self belief. It's the same as a boxer approaching a bout, they have to have the mentality or else they lose. He does say about the mentality but of course he said that there are other good players out there. Personally I like the attitude

hobbers

He probably thinks he's better than Rice.

As he should, because he is.

Tallis

EPL proven, good age, contact running down - the stars are aligned for a bid next summer.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

He would be near the very top of players I would go for at United. Consistently impresses whenever I see him play.

I just don’t see the huge attraction to Rice. If we can get this guy for a fraction of the cost and focus on other areas it would be brilliant business.

bosskeano

it's why i rate phillips and bissouma more simply as they can do the defensive job really well however they are capable of adding something to the attack as well

Nickosaur

Was great against Leicester at the weekend. Took a heavy blow to the knee and still bossed it while hopping around. When he eventually had to come off, Leicester really grew into the game and should have got a draw.

Devil may care

I'd be fine with us getting Bissouma instead of Rice but that article is talking nonsense about Rice.

zenith

Bissouma seems down the pecking order with ole for some reason. He seems to have his heart set on rice for the DM role. Perhaps if rice remains too expensive next summer or there is significant competition, we might consider bissouma as an alternative.

it's why i rate phillips and bissouma more simply as they can do the defensive job really well however they are capable of adding something to the attack as well
Phillips is sooo average. He looks alright for Leeds in a system that he was built for, but that's it. I genuinely don't think he's better than McTominay at any part of football.

MadMike

If we're going for an EPL proven CM, this the man I want.

Excellent sitting CDM and he's showing signs this season than he can be a handful when breaking from midfield as well. Good dribbling and acceleration. Passing wise, I still rate Rice as more reliable but there's not much in it and if West Ham want 100m for Rice as per the MEN article, then :lol:

bosskeano

Phillips is sooo average. He looks alright for Leeds in a system that he was built for, but that's it. I genuinely don't think he's better than McTominay at any part of football.
Look at the role he plays for England and compare that as to how he would fit into the United system of play. England play him next to Rice who is a clone of Scott and Phillips is way more impactful on the ball than Rice.

however....this is mroe about Bissouma and this is the guy that i would prefer over any of the three in question

TwoSheds

Huge fan of this guy. One of the few I've watched who I think could provide both a defensive and offensive upgrade to Fred or McTominay. Man Utd type player I think and would only have a year left on his deal at the end of the season I believe. I'd see if I could tempt Brighton in January though, particularly if they're still well away from the relegation zone.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
He is the real deal, and we should have gone for him this summer. Waiting another season and see his price double is so irritating. I hope we can be a little more proactice in the future, and pick up these gems before they turn world class like Leicester often do. Tchouameni is another one im sure will play for a top 4 club soon.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
There must've been a reason that no clubs were in for him. Would've been an amazing signing for a team like Arsenal, and would still be a step up for him.
Bet he’s glad he didn’t go there now!

TwoSheds

He is the real deal, and we should have gone for him this summer. Waiting another season and see his price double is so irritating. I hope we can be a little more proactice in the future, and pick up these gems before they turn world class like Leicester often do. Tchouameni is another one im sure will play for a top 4 club soon.
How would his price double with a year left on his contract?

MadMike

Didnt know that. Hopefully he doesnt extend his contract mid season then.
He’s not going to. He’s not that young he is 25 now and 26 next summer. If he doesn’t get a move to a top 4 club with his next big contract, it might never happen for him. While his stock is high and there’s strong interest in him there’s no chance he’d extend, it could result in him being priced out of a move.

Red00012

There must've been a reason that no clubs were in for him. Would've been an amazing signing for a team like Arsenal, and would still be a step up for him.
We said the same thing about Partey

city-puma

He is already very good but definitely not a upgrade to McFred. Instead, it seems reasonable to assume he can naturally partner either Fred and McT. It will address the squad depth issue in that area, our only flaw of the squad currently.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Look at the role he plays for England and compare that as to how he would fit into the United system of play. England play him next to Rice who is a clone of Scott and Phillips is way more impactful on the ball than Rice.

however....this is mroe about Bissouma and this is the guy that i would prefer over any of the three in question
Rice is not a clone of McTominay. McT strengths lie in being a pure b2b. Rice is a pure DM

EtH

All I wanna do Bissouma zooma zoom zoom and a boom boom

golden_blunder

Staff
I was listening to a Norweigan journo (Per Atle Karlsen) who has interviewed Ole several times and is quite often seen in press conferences. And according to him we prioritized other positions over midfield in the window just gone.
I’ve seen this before and even some people annoyed about it but let’s just look at the players;

heaton - free transfer
Varane - needed a cb and who is going to turn down one of the best in the world for 40m when the chance comes?
Ronaldo - opportunistic signing but who’s going to turn down one of the best goal scorers in the world and one who’s a living legend?
Sancho - the only player we perhaps could have left and went for a midfielder. But then, you’d have half the fans crying that we’ve been missing a RW for years

if people want to complain, look at the budget and ask why it’s the always the same, why can’t it be stretched for the final piece in a good side?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Rice is not a clone of McTominay. McT strengths lie in being a pure b2b. Rice is a pure DM
Biss is more like McT than Rice. I think that a 2 man midfield of Rice and McT would be very effective for the way you play as would a pivot of Rice and Fred. Bissouma isn't as useful to you guys as many i this thread seem to think, he's great and I'd hate to see him leave, but he only gives you more of hat you already have, where as Rice offers a proper DM replacement.

golden_blunder

Staff
Biss is more like McT than Rice. I think that a 2 man midfield of Rice and McT would be very effective for the way you play as would a pivot of Rice and Fred. Bissouma isn't as useful to you guys as many i this thread seem to think, he's great and I'd hate to see him leave, but he only gives you more of hat you already have, where as Rice offers a proper DM replacement.
My point since day one is Biss is more like a dog that runs after cats barking at tires whereas rice is more like a guard dog that sits in his yard waiting.

i don’t know why people want another b2b. It’s clear that some haven’t watched him

Status
Not open for further replies.