His next fixture is an important
club competition to be held at
Portman Road on the 27 th April
and we wish him good luck for
the match.
~~~~~~~~

link.

PS18

nah, that's not him. can't remember the name of that kid, someone did identify it but it's slipped my mind.

oskarutd

Is he the tiny 13 or so year old kid who was playing in one of the U16/U18 tournaments?
Fryers is very big for his age. He played left back and center half in the Nike Manchester United Premier Cup for u-15s.

LouisRocca

I don' realy know how old Fryers is, but from this article it seems like his in his 9th year in school (14-15 years?), and quite fast in the 100m I will guess, since he came 2th...

datura

Rio seems to rate him, although seems an odd one to pick out from all the talented English players we have in the Academy/Reserves:

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand picks out 4 future England stars

Manchester United and England centre-back Rio Ferdinand has picked out four youngsters to star for the Three Lions at World Cup 2018, which he hopes will be in England.

"It would be extra special to have a World Cup here and I believe it would have a huge impact on England players," said Ferdinand 50 days before FIFA votes on the tournament hosts.

"I'm thinking about both the youngsters who could play in the tournament in eight years, and the kids that will watch it and be inspired to play the game.

"We've got some talented youngsters, the likes of Chelsea's Joshua McEachran , Ross Barkley at Everton, Ezekial Fryers in our youth ranks at United and John Bostock with Spurs.

"What a motivation it could be for every young player to have the chance to represent your country at a World Cup on home soil.

"The impact would reach far deeper in our game, inspiring people at all levels to get more involved in football, whether that be playing, coaching or watching."

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
"There are a few players who have done well," Sir Alex replied, speaking before the Reds came out of the hat to travel to Yorkshire.

"Will and Michael Keane, Ezekiel Fryers, Larnell Cole, Jesse Lingard - these boys are all good, young players who are making the right progress."
Singled out by Fergie here as the one of the few who has been impressing him and is also in the frame for Carling Cup matches.

Drainy

Have to say that personally I prefer Blackett to Fryers as a player.
Blackett is quite a bit younger so its hard to compare in a fair way.
However, overall I'd say Fryers is more reliable defensively and isn't bad at all going forward whereas Blackett is more talented on the ball, but I think has a long way to go defensively.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Makes his debut today. Good luck to the lad.

MalteseRedDevil

Every time I have seen him in the reserves i have not been impressed,. Is there something i'm missing?

Good luck to him today. Hope he forces me to reassess my opinion of him

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Looks really good so far doesn't he? He's never really stood out any game i've seen him in the past but he looks comfortable surrounded by better players.

Technically he looks very accomplished and he's a hell of an athlete. No shortage of confidence either.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Looks very confident on the ball which is great to see but he hasn't really been tested at all defensively.

MalteseRedDevil

Did very well. Surprised by his composure on the ball which i never noticed at reserve level.

Struggled a bit when challenging forwards with their back o goal in the air.

His lack of height could be an issue at center back at the highest level

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Sir Alex delighted with Ezekiel Fryers - Official Manchester United Website

Sir Alex Ferguson has praised Ezekiel Fryers after admitting it was "gamble" to pitch the youngster in for his senior Manchester United debut against Leeds United.

The 19 year-old defender handled the cauldron of noise at Elland Road remarkably well, impressing in the middle of the back four alongside Michael Carrick even though he was perhaps more likely to break through at left-back.

"To be honest, young Zeki had a nightmare and missed virtually the whole of last season really," said Sir Alex. "He had really terrible tonsillitis and was out for over two months. He missed the FA Youth Cup final because of it.

"He's a natural left-back actually but the way we looked at it the other night was we didn't really have a back four you'd expect Manchester United to play.

"So we improvised with Antonio Valencia at right-back - he was phenomenal - and Carrick at centre-back as he's played there before, of course, and has got experience. Fabio was left-back and the gamble playing Fryers worked.

"He's lightning quick, the boy, absolutely greased lightning. He was terrific, not overawed and it was just a shame he got cramp at the end."

Anderson8

So why did he delete his twitter account? I presume abuse from followers regarding his contract situation?

NM

Fryers never really impressed me. I don't think he would have made it here. Good luck to him

Cold_Boy

IMO has no chance of making it here.

So don't care if he wants to stay or not.

Donut

I take it he hasn't impressed too much for the reserves? He seemed quite promising for the 1st team.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Always said I never rated him. Not surprised he's going.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
"Some of them will definitely go out again next season: potentially the two Keane brothers, Tom Thorpe, Davide Petrucci, Zeki Fryers and Matty James, who was out for a year-and-a-half through injury but is back now and playing well for the reserves. Marnick Vermijl will probably stay here for another year yet."

Ferguson is happy with the talent coming through the ranks at Old Trafford and feels the future is bright.

"We have some terrific young players here: [Jesse] Lingard, [Larnell] Cole, the two Keanes, Petrucci, Fryers, Vermijl, [Ryan] Tunnicliffe, Thorpe," added Ferguson.
Just dropping that in here, if Zeki, Pogba, Norwood all leave and you add in Matty James and Morrison leaving then we're not doing something right when SAF has talked about us having to bring players through.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It's been a fecking shite season tbh. I was gutted when Morrison left and this just rubs salt in the wounds.

Has something been said about Petrucci today? Seen various people talking as if he's leaving too.
No but on the basis of the above quote I'd assumed Zeki and Petrucci had signed new contracts otherwise SAF wouldn't have talked about loaning them out. feck knows, to be honest.

Red Norse

It's been a fecking shite season tbh. I was gutted when Morrison left and this just rubs salt in the wounds.

Has something been said about Petrucci today? Seen various people talking as if he's leaving too.
Wouldn't call it shite, but yeah seeing so many youngsters leave is worrying. You start to wonder what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.