Zeki Fryers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Looked a talent vs. Leeds but I havent seen a great deal from hte other couple of matches since then. I was mainly dissappointed to see he had little ability on the ball because if he's going to make it here as a left back he's going to need more than I've seen so far. Agree that Blackett looks a better prospect

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Fryers looks a decent player, but he's not in the same class of talent as Fabio. A bit annoying given that it may well be another frustrating situation with a youngster ending in departure, but a bit 'meh' also.

Trionz

Why are all your talents leaving?
It's surprising because this is most ideal period to break in into your first team for any talented player.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've said it many times before, he really isn't good enough. Him going doesn't bother me one bit.

Jaz

The problem is that they think they are entitled to more from their agents, and their oversized egos being built by being a "Man Utd" player.

Unfortunately most of thee, including Zeki won't really play for a top club on a regular basis.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
When it comes to refusing to paying Zeki Fryers 20k a week, I am fully in support of that. He had a decent game in the Carling Cup but then looked well out of his depth in his first team games after that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
One is an anomaly; to lose two is a mistake but to lose three .... hmmmm.
As I said earlier we've really only lost Pogba who looked to have the potential to go onto be a first team player at United. Morrison was not offered a contract for reasons unrelated to football. You can't expect a club to be giving out long contracts and paying vast amounts of money to play for the reserves, unless they see a future return. I'm not sure Zeki looks like a player who could have broken into United's first team at this moment in time, and was offered a contract based on his future potential. If Spurs or any other club think otherwise that's their call.

mo0

defining moment of Fryers' United career...coming down with cramp every match he played in.

togg

Leaving united is a curse!

I'm trying to think of all the youngsters who have left united over the last five/ten years who actually made it big at a big club, or fulfilled the expected potential that was mentioned about them when they were are united? Pique I suppose. But haven't most of them gone on to either disappear from the radar or play for Championship, first or perhaps lower premiership clubs? I've probably had a memory lapse, but just curious

I'm not blaming them for leaving if there is not much opportunity, and to be honest, with the money in the game at the moment I would guess that most of the big clubs are seeing their youth players switching clubs rather a lot at the moment. Its just the way of the game now with the influence of powerful agents.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

I'm trying to think of all the youngsters who have left united over the last five/ten years who actually made it big at a big club, or fulfilled the expected potential that was mentioned about them when they were are united? Pique I suppose. But haven't most of them gone on to either disappear from the radar or play for Championship, first or perhaps lower premiership clubs? I've probably had a memory lapse, but just curious

I'm not blaming them for leaving if there is not much opportunity, and to be honest, with the money in the game at the moment I would guess that most of the big clubs are seeing their youth players switching clubs rather a lot at the moment. Its just the way of the game now with the influence of powerful agents.
Vast majority of young players to leave or be released are because they are not good enough. Hense the reason why they go off the radar.

Rossi and Pique were easily our best youngsters to ever leave. But both went with Fergie's blessing and on good terms.

Pogba and Fryers are different situations to all before them.

Anduin

You're right.

Our Academy has been very productive though, especially for lower league clubs. With a couple of minutes of research players who left our clubs playing in:

Premier League (10)
Simpson (Newcastle), Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown, Richardson, Campbell (Sunderland), Morrison (West Ham, remains to be seen if he even plays), Gibson (Everton), Fox (Norwich), Shawcross (Stoke)

Championship (12)

Norwood (Huddersfield), Drinkwater, James (Leicester), C. Evans, Chester, Stewart, McShane, Dudgeon (Hull), Ajose (Peterborough), Cathcart (Blackpool), Martin (Ipswich), Eagles (Bolton)

League One (2)
Devlin (Brentford), Gray (Stevenage)

Spain/Italy/Germany/Norway (5)
Pique (Barca), Rossi (Villareal), Pogba (most likely Juventus), Zieler (Hannover 96), Eikrem (Molde)

Most (not all) of those only left over the last five years. It's clear to see most of the time there is only one way after leaving United: down. Not to say those players aren't having decent careers mind...

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, if Evra gets injured we'll be starting our academy team left back? Okay it probably won't come to that, but Cleverley is now our 2nd most experienced left back in the first team, and he's a midfielder.

We could use a utility defender, I wonder if Jones will get stuck at left back.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
You're right.

Our Academy has been very productive though, especially for lower league clubs. With a couple of minutes of research players who left our clubs playing in:

Premier League: Simpson (Newcastle), Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown, Richardson, Campbell (Sunderland), Morrison (West Ham, remains to be seen if he even plays), Gibson (Everton), Fox (Norwich)

Championship: Norwood (Huddersfield), Drinkwater, James (Leicester), C. Evans, Chester, Stewart, McShane, Dudgeon (Hull), Ajose (Peterborough), Cathcart (Blackpool), Martin (Ipswich), Eagles (Bolton)

League One: Devlin (Brentford), Gray (Stevenage)

Abroad: Pique (Barca), Rossi (Villareal), Pogba (most likely Juventus)

Most (not all) of those only left over the last five years. It's clear to see most of the time there is only one way after leaving United: down. Not to say those players aren't having decent careers mind...
You could add Wolf Eikrem who's an important first team regular at Solskjær's Molde, knocking on the door of the Norwegian national team I believe. I don't really know if he has/had the potential to become a class player though.

As for Fryers I don't get his problem, if he's demanding outrageous money based on a handful of ok appearances he can leave for what I care. We don't need these delusional youngsters in our squad, it's a disease.

rocks13

You could add Wolf Eikrem who's an important first team regular at Solskjær's Molde, knocking on the door of the Norwegian national team I believe. I don't really know if he has/had the potential to become a class player though.

As for Fryers I don't get his problem, if he's demanding outrageous money based on a handful of ok appearances he can leave for what I care. We don't need these delusional youngsters in our squad, it's a disease.
Zieler would be another - was in the Germany squad for the Euros.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Having someone in the squad, no matter how good they are, who genuinely wants to leave United is bad for moral and should be booted out.

Fryers is an average player and one we can do without.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Calm down people, its goal.com for gods sake.

I'd be gobsmacked if we were offering someone like Fryers 20k (who?), most of our senior players don't get a huge amount more than that.

Decotron

So, if Evra gets injured we'll be starting our academy team left back? Okay it probably won't come to that, but Cleverley is now our 2nd most experienced left back in the first team, and he's a midfielder.

We could use a utility defender, I wonder if Jones will get stuck at left back.
Evans surely? he played there at international level as well as for us...

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Why are all your talents leaving?
It's surprising because this is most ideal period to break in into your first team for any talented player.
That's very rich Trionz.

mufcwarm92

I'd say we are almost certain to sign a left back given the fact that we've got rid of Fryers and Fabio, while Evra looks to be declining.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Evans isn't much of a full back, considering we attack through Evra so much on the left, I think Evans would significantly stagnate our offense in the long term, especially against the lesser teams.

Fantastic CB, of course.
Definitely. I hate the idea of Evans at right back. People have a go for John O'Shea's potency up front but he's a better fullback than Evans. He basically acts as a 3rd center back and I'd rather we would play with a back 3 rather than a back 4 with him out left. The attacking get's way to static otherwise. Much more than it has to.

Ekeke

As much as that has been true of Evans at left back in the past, last season he came on leaps and bounds with the ball. So in a way it'd be interesting to see what he can do at left back now that he can dribble and is more confident in his passing. I dont expect he'll be brilliant but certainly a lot better than when he was used there in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.