Zidane Iqbal image 55

Zidane Iqbal England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

If we didn't have such a bloated squad, I think he'd be getting a few 15 minute cameos in the 3-0s- problem is, even with the midfield injuries there's normally at least one more senior reserve or Mainoo, who already seems to be conventionally sturdier at around 2 years younger, in addition to having to use subs in other positions to give players minutes.

Hopefully he gets a Championship loan - you don't need to be 'hench' to deal with the CM hurly burly if you show good off-ball movement, press-resistant first time short passing and moving to receive etc...
We don’t have a bloated squad . Far from it at the moment with injuries and suspensions .
Mainoo has even jumped ahead of him in the pecking order

Ace of Spades

I want to see this guy be given a chance, can't stand to see the current shit be given chance after chance and they can't control the ball, pass or offer anything beyond being awful.

RedDevilQuebecois

I want to see this guy be given a chance, can't stand to see the current shit be given chance after chance and they can't control the ball, pass or offer anything beyond being awful.
Same. Mainoo and him should be in the squad with a strong possibility of playing good minutes instead of relying on the same old failed spare parts over and over again.

Lecland07

He might be a good player, but he won't save us.

You can't really go by internationals. McTominay just scored twice against Spain and was terrible against Newcastle.

Playing against Russia (I don't think I can name a single player that they have, nowadays) does not make you good enough to play for Manutd. He might have been as bad as what we had on the field, or worse.

Bojan Djordjic

He might be a good player, but he won't save us.

You can't really go by internationals. McTominay just scored twice against Spain and was terrible against Newcastle.

Playing against Russia (I don't think I can name a single player that they have, nowadays) does not make you good enough to play for Manutd. He might have been as bad as what we had on the field, or worse.
He has good technique. Sometimes its just about having correct profiles and he is a much better profile in that midfield than McTominay. He can trap a ball, can take a ball on the turn and can both evade pressure and pass the ball to a good standard. We'll never know what his ceiling is if we don't give him an opportunity but we know for certain what McTominay is and the limitations he provides.

DevTheRed

After the pre season I was sure he would get his chance this season, especially with the Eriksen and Casemiro injuries. I think the quality is there to play a part, can only think it must be mentality/behind the scene issues that ETH sees. Would be nice to give this lad some minutes and give Bruno a rest at times.

Paul778

wtf. He looked really worth a chance here preseason. And €1m hardly seems worth it

CM

Wow, that is a pittance. Mates rates for ten Hag's buddies?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What?
What happened? Gave up on him way too soon or some reason for the move?

Its basically free with maybe 30-40% sell on.. if he does well.
Presumably we realised he isn’t very good. Hasn’t he been pretty crap for our reserves all season? Don’t see why we should get good money for a not very impressive reserves player.

Paul778

Very disappointed, he looked so good in pre season and not given a chance at all.
We could never finish games off all season so there was never a safe time to give him minutes.

Sad fact is even if we had got that far ahead in games he'd have given the mins to McTominey anyway. Too many "not good enoughs" stinking up the bench blocking the progression of the reserves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Presumably we realised he isn’t very good. Hasn’t he been pretty crap for our reserves all season? Don’t see why we should get good money for a not very impressive reserves player.
He’s been a bit underwhelming at every level he’s played at in all honesty.

prateik

Oh. Hadn't followed the reserve season. He looked promising in pre season and read that he was playing for his National side.. thought he might be given a loan season or two..

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Typical reactions here every time an overhyped youth player is sold. Like most of the others, chances are he wasn't very good and we'll never hear of him again.

daba

What is wrong with us.

Why do we not even give the boy a shot at Championship, if he does well he’s suddenly worth 10-20x that amount. If not, then we sell him €1m..

MonkeysMagic

I guarantee you he goes for around £10m if he played for Shitty/liv. We can never buy or sell players competently so I should never be surprised!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Look at where he's going. Look at the price.

This isn't a mistake from the club. This is a player who isn't very good who is going to a team that is not very good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We hang on to shite players for far too long, years after they should’ve been sold, and sell promising young players for basically nothing.

Really hope the club know what they’re doing with this.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Let’s be honest, he was never likely to be good enough for a team looking to challenge Man City - and that’s what we need to plan towards.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Based on what, if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah, i am subjective here. Last pre-season. :nervous:
I loved how he dealt with pressing as deep midfielder. I thought "there is a player there". I rarely say that for young players.

Well, i am not scout material i guess. :lol:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I dont want a sell on clause i want a buy back clause for €20m in 2 years and first refusal, silly decision based on the information we have

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We hang on to shite players for far too long, years after they should’ve been sold, and sell promising young players for basically nothing.

Really hope the club know what they’re doing with this.
I have a feeling that we rate more passion merchants with physical attributes (Tuanzebe, Williams, McTominay) than players with skill and flair.

Status
Not open for further replies.