Zidane Iqbal image 55

Zidane Iqbal England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This guy is the most exciting prospect alongside Garnacho for me. Hope he gets some gametime this season and becomes a more permanent feature in the next few years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes going to he a top player

He oozes composure and decision making in the centre of the pitch and not afraid to get stuck in. Loves a trick too. Biggest star of pre season for me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought from the young players that came off the bench, himself and Hannibal did well for the time they were on.

saik

I think ETH was referring to this guy when he said we will develop from within regarding FDJ. Looks a lot closer in playstyle to FDJ than any of our other midfielders.

Godfather

Looks a talent. Another one who looks proper lanky though. Hopefully he'll still grow into that body.

Abraxas

He's the anti-Van de Beek. Plays with courage, not afraid to go past somebody from midfield areas which is a tremendous skill, shows for every ball, looks for progressive options. He is very promising and can play a role but he'll need a bit of protection and sensible use.

RedorDead21

He has 3 years more football maturity than his actual age at least.
And in 3 years time he could be more than capable of being a nailed on starter for the club. Doesn’t help us much this year for me but if we lose out on Bellingham and others…lessens the blow.

Dannn411

Don't know how you can leave him out of the first 18 as things stand. Especially if we don't make any other midfield signing.

Amarsdd

Looks a talent. Another one who looks proper lanky though. Hopefully he'll still grow into that body.
though haven't seen his physicality be an issue in the preseason. Don't remember him being physically bullied or pushed around.

AndySmith1990

I like what I've seen from him during preseason. Hopefully we'll see him get some time in cup games

Godfather

though haven't seen his physicality be an issue in the preseason. Don't remember him being physically bullied or pushed around.
I think it might be an issue. Has the same body type as Hannibal and Chong. Relatively tall and really skinny. They are still very young but I hope they put on some muscle.

Trequarista10

He looks extremely talented.

I'm reserving caution because he plays in a role that is one of the most difficult to succeed at in the PL - many similarly talented players don't make it, whilst grafters and physically dominant midfielders sometimes do.

Kids got half a chance though, which is more than enough at this stage.

Trex

Garner was tidy, but this guy has that class that flair that makes the difference we went up in level after his introduction.

Abraxas

I think it might be an issue. Has the same body type as Hannibal and Chong. Relatively tall and really skinny. They are still very young but I hope they put on some muscle.
Depends a bit on the type he's going to be because some people just have a really thin build. De Jong isn't exactly a big lad. If you have a picture of the game around you and can hold onto the ball until the last moment before taking the opposition out of the equation then the physical contact is not so relevant except to draw a foul.

Whatever they do with him you want to keep that ability to glide past people as that's a strength that's really hard to find. So you've got to be a little careful.

-Supreme-

Sell McT for £25m+ and let this kid be our understudy of our first choice midfield.

tob

Should be ahead of many in the picking order, me thinks. Just looks like he gets it.
Very much looking forward to see what he can do during this season. Hopefully he'll get his chances.

Chief123

When I watch him play, I just can’t stop thinking Modric. Not just similar build, but how he moves with the ball. Close control dribbling and clever decision making.

mikeyt

Excited by this lad, really hope his potential gets fulfilled here!

-Supreme-

Whose our first choice midfield without Mctominay
Assuming we bring in a new midfielder before the transfer window closes, and then we have the likes of Eriksen, Fred, Donny and Iqbal in midfield this should be more than adequate.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Let’s revisit this when Iqbal plays a pivotal role in getting a Championship team promoted to the Premier League, shall we?
It means diddlysquat to me. Garner is not very good, and Zidane is super talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.