Zidane Iqbal

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Injuries permitting, I can see this lad getting at least a opportunity at first team potentially. Technically he's very gifted and some have even drawn comparisons with Jay Jay Okocha.

If he can improve his explosiveness over the first few yards then I do believe he could go far in his career. But there's no question that he's blessed technically.
Well explosiveness can be developed with weights and age as his legs grow, and he has access to world class trainers so hopefully if that’s all he needs to develop physically, then he has a real shot!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well explosiveness can be developed with weights and age as his legs grow, and he has access to world class trainers so hopefully if that’s all he needs to develop physically, then he has a real shot!
It'll come down to his mentality and what he's up against as far as competition for places goes. There's quite alot of talented playmakers coming through at the club at a similar age but the next 12 months will be interesting to see regards his development.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Asking a kid whose parent called him "Zidane" if it was hard to persuade the same parent to become a professional footballer... That is some quality investigative journalism right there :houllier:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Enjoyed his goal today. I’ve felt for a while that if he’s a half decent player, he’ll get a crack here with us. The way the game is today, his potential marketability will not be lost on the club. As a player with a British/Asian background, with a name like Zidane - the possibilities are endless if he is any good.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If he has got anything like Zidanes Iq on the bal he would be great.

the chameleon

Very good ball control. But I also have great ball control playing with a tennis ball in the house all the time. But to have been good, I need to have an awareness around me. Also there needs to be an end product. He reminds me of pereira, but with a lesser end ball. He shows promise and could improve, let’s not get carried away, plenty of flashy kids with great ball control these days.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Very good ball control. But I also have great ball control playing with a tennis ball in the house all the time. But to have been good, I need to have an awareness around me. Also there needs to be an end product. He reminds me of pereira, but with a lesser end ball. He shows promise and could improve, let’s not get carried away, plenty of flashy kids with great ball control these days.
Don’t think anyone’s getting carried away, you’re putting that spin on it.
Lot of us would love to see a kid with Asian heritage make it at Utd if it for the reason that we can identify with him.

For a couple of generations now African and Caribbean Brits have been able to identify with players of that heritage. British Asians haven’t had that in football; cricket yes.

it’s only natural that we are being optimistic

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nothing to suggest he has a lack of awareness to be fair.

TsuWave

How does anyone watch that video and sees "lack of awareness" and "Pereira with lesser end ball" (whatever that means)? :confused:

TheReligion

Abusive
Even in that video I don't consider awareness to be an issue. His first touch always seems to take the ball away from danger and even when he does get caught in possession he almost gets away with the ball due to his quick feet and trickery.

Based Adnan

Having a player in the youth ranks remind you of Pereira in the youth ranks is no bad thing

Chief123

I remember being gobsmacked when I learnt that "Zinedine" originated from the arabic name "Zain Uddin".

Anyhow, we don't need Sancho when we got this kid! :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I remember being gobsmacked when I learnt that "Zinedine" originated from the arabic name "Zain Uddin".

Anyhow, we don't need Sancho when we got this kid! :D
Zinedine Zidane is of a Muslim Algerian back ground hence his name being Zinedine.

Chief123

From the thread, he’s a high skill player but very slow. Never been capped at international level.
Must be crap. He's got 0 goals 0 assists in the premier league this season. Hasn't got a card on FIFA 20 either. Sell him. Keep Lingard.

Ashish Negi

Special talent, I had a chat with Nick Cox during my Old Trafford visit in March. Being South Asian I wanted to know more about his potential. But offcourse on record Nick said nothing about individuals. Off the camera he said that Zidane looks special in his age group but South Asian origin players generally don't take that next step ( due to various reasons) and he hope that Zidane will keep his focus and in mean time club will keep protecting him like other academy lads.

In Rainbows

Great showcase of ability in those goals. Great ball for the assist, and great footwork to get himself a goal.

Jibbs

English coaches generally prefer pace when they look at potential talents. In that aspect it seems very difficult for him that he will make it here.
Also somehow there is an inherent bias against footballers of south asian origin,they are considered weak and slow, even when players of Spanish and Portugese origin who are of similar structure and physique have done exceptionally well in english football. There is a documentary too on YouTube about it. Also I didn't like the fact that they asked him whether he would like to represent Pakistan, they wouldn't have asked a young prodigy like him if he was of African or Caribbean descent.

Mark Pawelek

English coaches generally prefer pace when they look at potential talents. In that aspect it seems very difficult for him that he will make it here.
Also somehow there is an inherent bias against footballers of south asian origin,they are considered weak and slow, even when players of Spanish and Portugese origin who are of similar structure and physique have done exceptionally well in english football. There is a documentary too on YouTube about it. Also I didn't like the fact that they asked him whether he would like to represent Pakistan, they wouldn't have asked a young prodigy like him if he was of African or Caribbean descent.
Disagree on 2 points.
  • All smart coaches prefer pace.
  • Not every midfield player needs pace. Mata and Matic are a couple without.

Classical Mechanic

Disagree on 2 points.
  • All smart coaches prefer pace.
  • Not every midfield player needs pace. Mata and Matic are a couple without.
There aren’t many top attacking players about with little pace these days is there? The game is becoming increasingly physical and low work rate or physically limited 10s have become almost obsolete. Mata is an outlier.