Zidane Iqbal

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is already a lot better than McT on the ball. Very good technical ability and balance. Needs to expand his passing range more though. Too many times he goes past a player and plays it short to the man next to him. He needs a loan where he should start more or less every game. Not sure he is going to improve by staying around as a fringe player.
Erik ten Hag just mentioned in his post match interview about giving the youngsters as much game time as possible during preseason so he can decide if they're ready to contribute in the first team or be sent on loan.

Woziak

I do rate this kid highly probably the most likely to come through as he has the physical attributes as well, he’s 6’0 already and I’m surprised he’s not been capped by England at youth, Under 17 or under 19 level, he has two full Iraq international caps and I know his Father has said he would prefer him playing for England, he has shot up in height in last few years so maybe that’s the reason with preoccupied our national coaches are with physical attributes but he’s got that rare languid ball technique when he dribbles, he needs time but he’s a baller for sure.

the_cliff

His cameos so far are impressive. I think he's probably done enough to get a loan move to a prem team as a worst case scenario.

CarbonStoolBites

His cameos so far are impressive. I think he's probably done enough to get a loan move to a prem team as a worst case scenario.
He would progress better being coached by a top coach like ETH and training with players like Bruno and Eriksen than being loaned out to some bottom half team that plays terrible football where he would probably struggle for minutes let alone some hoof ball club in the championship, this kid is special.

I hope he gets games, he can get game time at home games against teams that sit deep, Cesc was 16/17 when he became a squad player if not a starter for Arsenal, Zidane is 19, give him the chance, what have we got to lose?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Same as with Savage really. Well not quite as I think Igbal has thar thing where he just looks naturally more comfortable and gifted on the ball than most players, but I don't see how he's ready for the PL. Not to say he won't be good enough but needs more time

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Same as with Savage really. Well not quite as I think Igbal has thar thing where he just looks naturally more comfortable and gifted on the ball than most players, but I don't see how he's ready for the PL. Not to say he won't be good enough but needs more time
Who did you like more so far, him or Savage?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Who did you like more so far, him or Savage?
From what I've seen in pre season and reserve/youth games, I really like Igbal. I think he's a natural talent. He looks so comfortable on the ball and can carry it in and out of tight spaces which is something not a lot of players can do.

I do like Savage as well but I think he's the type where we always seem to have one or two like that in the youth set up and it just depends how well they push on. Garner for example has really come on the last year or so and will get a shot in the PL whether it's with United or someone else, while others just kind of disappear.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great to see Manchester lads on the pitch for the club.

Sounds very level headed too so huge tick in the attitude box.

He seems to love Ten Hag already by the way. All the players seem to be in awe of him. Very positive.

SirAF

Ageist
I really don’t want to see this lad go out on loan, let’s hope he gets a decent run at a stage of the season!

Mr PG

They play in similar roles so have more similarities than differences. However a few observations:

1. Iqbal tends to pass the ball through teams, mainly with short and medium range passes while Mejbri runs past players particularly in the opponents half
2. Iqbal plays a little deeper than Mejbri but that might be a tactical instruction from the coaches
3. Iqbal has an eye for goal and will drive centrally into the box whereas Mejbri doesn't shoot that much and drifts wider to open the game up for others.
4. Mejbri brings opposition players out of position to him then lays the ball off quite a bit so creates gaps in defence. He plays a longer game than Iqbal.
5. Iqbal played as a 6, 8, 10, 11 last season whereas Mejbri always played as a 10 which suggests Iqbal is more versatile OR...the coaches think Mejbri is better in that position.
The main difference between them is Zidane is a little quicker hence why he's integrated quicker in men's football.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Had high hopes for him, but looks like his career at United is definitely over.
Agreed, he's 21 now, he's not even made the tour squad and the highest level he's played at is League One.
Unfortunately, I agree.

It's a shame because I think he'd have took to ten Hag's style like a duck to water. As press resistant as Iqbal, but a better playmaker on top of that, too.

OpenIntrovert

Iqbal can potentially be a regista or a CM but I need to see more game as I am not so sure of his defensive attributes.

As for Savage, he has the qualities to become a defensive midfielder. His reading of the game and movement is there as well as his tackling. Just needs more composure on the ball.

Alemar

Very decent appearance today. Strangely enough, he is en route to get a lot of game time this year

bosskeano

what i liked about him today was how he looked for space to get the ball off the CB's when they were pressed....he was dropping to change angles and his movement off the ball was smart

thought there were times he was open and they just didn't get him the ball so that's where he has to use his voice even if he's a young kid

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
what i liked about him today was how he looked for space to get the ball off the CB's when they were pressed....he was dropping to change angles and his movement off the ball was smart

thought there were times he was open and they just didn't get him the ball so that's where he has to use his voice even if he's a young kid
Aye, noticed that as well. Such a contrast to McTominay’s hiding from the ball.

bosskeano

Aye, noticed that as well. Such a contrast to McTominay’s hiding from the ball.
it's not that McT hides from the ball....he follows the ball which means he ends up running into the press or running into the pressed space

Zidane typically went opposite of the pass so when the pass went from CB to CB, he woudl move opposite of the press and drop down into space so that diagonal entry pass was always available...very smart

that is somethign ETH must have worked on with them in training b/c the natural tendency is to go with the pass and chase the ball looking to get it which is wrong

dutchred

Where's he been the last few weeks?
he's training with the first team. I think that he and Garnacho only played last night to get game time as they have been on the bench for the first tea. Significantly both were substituted

ThanksBoss26

he's training with the first team. I think that he and Garnacho only played last night to get game time as they have been on the bench for the first tea. Significantly both were substituted
Yep I expect both to get some time in the Europa soon even if off the bench.

Giggsyking

Obviously the club refused to let him go to the u20 WC that starts 20/may
Iraq assembled a very good u20 team from players born in Europe. Yesterday Iraq u20 played against Brazil and drew 1-1. He is not playing with the team, just let him play with his country.

BlahRules

Obviously the club refused to let him go to the u20 WC that starts 20/may
Iraq assembled a very good u20 team from players born in Europe. Yesterday Iraq u20 played against Brazil and drew 1-1. He is not playing with the team, just let him play with his country.
I dont get why the club refused when he will not be getting a minute of game time. This tournament will give him game time and exposure for a higher sell-on fee if he is not good enough for the first team.

Giggsyking

I dont get why the club refused when he will not be getting a minute of game time. This tournament will give him game time and exposure for a higher sell-on fee if he is not good enough for the first team.
Because it is before the end of the season. United will play their last match june 3rd while the tournament starts 2 weeks before that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because it is before the end of the season. United will play their last match june 3rd while the tournament starts 2 weeks before that.
And he won’t play a single minute so let him go