Zidane sack watch - 19/20

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You wouldn't be, despite your surging form in the 2nd half of the season, if Atletico didnt crash and burn spectaculary, and neither would RM tbh.
This wasn't supposed to be a race, but Atletico somehow made it one.
but they did crash because they vastly over performed in the first half of the season

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
For supposedly the greatest club side ever ever (TM), they shouldn't have needed the incompetence of Ovebro and a late late goal to progress against a Chelsea side who had 3 managers that season (Luiz Felipe Scolari, Ray Wilkins, Guus Hiddink)
and we had some awful calls go against us in the first leg against Chelsea

and Madrid got away with multiple offside goals during their run. If var had been around then it could’ve been different for them much like Barca before them

Cal?

CR7 fan
Correct if I'm not mistaken Zidane had rarely any big offers on the tables. I only remember links to Chelsea and United. I mean him returning because it was the best offer he had on table at the time is hardly anything to start singing his priases.
Offers from Chelsea & United aren't big enough? :confused:

Cal?

CR7 fan
and we had some awful calls go against us in the first leg against Chelsea

and Madrid got away with multiple offside goals during their run. If var had been around then it could’ve been different for them much like Barca before them
If VAR had been around, Chelsea probably had 5 penalties in that game. :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How do you compare this season to Pep's first season at Barca?

He was up against a Madrid side who have not made it past the CL last 16 for years and years? With an AM side not even mentioning, they finished 4th.
that wasn’t the best year for la liga but that Barca weak would annihilate anyone in la liga this season

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If VAR had been around, Chelsea probably had 5 penalties in that game. :lol:
so would Barca, we had a lot go against us in the first leg

Madrid wouldn’t have won in 2016 with var

Cal?

CR7 fan
so would Barca, we had a lot go against us in the first leg

Madrid wouldn’t have won in 2016 with var
Do please post some video evidence for your claim.

My mistake earlier, Chelsea should have had SIX penaltis:

Cal?

CR7 fan
that wasn’t the best year for la liga but that Barca weak would annihilate anyone in la liga this season
That season you have a Messi (2nd best player ever) coming into his prime, against a Madrid side without Ronaldo.

This season Zidane is up against a Barca side with the current Ballon Dor holder.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
That season you have a Messi (2nd best player ever) coming into his prime, against a Madrid side without Ronaldo.

This season Zidane is up against a Barca side with the current Ballon Dor holder.
Haha yes two years ago ballon d’or holder. That Barca side from pep’s first season would destroy anyone this year. This is a DIRE batch from la liga. No two ways about it. I’ve said it throughout the season. It’s rubbish

Cal?

CR7 fan
they were better than united and chelsea for sure. He just wanted to prove he could do it in the epl and he went on to break records
Yet still continuously not making a single CL final unless he had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in his team.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Do please post some video evidence for your claim.

My mistake earlier, Chelsea should have had SIX penaltis:

here you go, chelsea got screwed in the second leg worse than Barca in the first leg, but make no mistake about it, plenty of atrocious calls against Barca as well:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Haha yes two years ago ballon d’or holder. That Barca side from pep’s first season would destroy anyone this year. This is a DIRE batch from la liga. No two ways about it. I’ve said it throughout the season. It’s rubbish
So rubbish that a "past-it" Real Madrid are only a SF tie against the 5th placed PL side from making a 4th final in 5 years of management.

Cal?

CR7 fan
here you go, chelsea got screwed in the second leg worse than Barca in the first leg, but make no mistake about it, plenty of atrocious calls against Barca as well:

I fail to spot how you counted Barca should have had 5 penalties in that first leg.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yet still continuously not making a single CL final unless he had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in his team.
never had an easy path that zidane has gotten this season, but I’ve always said zidane was the better cl manager than pep. Pep has been pretty bad post Barca in cl

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So rubbish that a "past-it" Real Madrid are only a SF tie against the 5th placed PL side from making a 4th final in 5 years of management.
yup, cl is a HORRIBLE barometer for how good a league is. Look how many English sides are remaining yet this might be the worst batch of epl teams since 2016.

Madrid beat a broken Liverpool side, and get one of the weakest semi finalists of the past ten years. This run rivals the cupcake 2016 run they got, one of the easiest in the CL of the past 15 years. Up there with united’s easy path in 2011 until the final.

Cal?

CR7 fan
never had an easy path that zidane has gotten this season, but I’ve always said zidane was the better cl manager than pep. Pep has been pretty bad post Barca in cl
One thing we can agree on.

As for easy paths, what about that year your lost 6-6 on agg to Monaco?

Cal?

CR7 fan
yup, cl is a HORRIBLE barometer for how good a league is. Look how many English sides are remaining yet this might be the worst batch of epl teams since 2016.

Madrid beat a broken Liverpool side, and get one of the weakest semi finalists of the past ten years. This run rivals the cupcake 2016 run they got, one of the easiest in the CL of the past 15 years. Up there with united’s easy path in 2011 until the final.
Not sure if serious gif

Madrid beat Bayern, AM & Juve to win it.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Pep has spent over a billion to win 2 CLs (1 of which he didn't deserve, go google Ovebro)
Man United have spent almost a billion since 2016 to win the Europa league and the league cup.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
For supposedly the greatest club side ever ever (TM), they shouldn't have needed the incompetence of Ovebro and a late late goal to progress against a Chelsea side who had 3 managers that season (Luiz Felipe Scolari, Ray Wilkins, Guus Hiddink)
Was still a great Chelsea team

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Pep did not outperform those managers, Jupp Heynckes won the Treble before handing the squad over to Pep who never even made a CL final with Bayern.

Getting trashed in SF after SF.
Which is what will happen to Zidane if he continues managing at the highest level. Law of averages

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Not sure if serious gif

Madrid beat Bayern, AM & Juve to win it.
Do you just make stuff you constantly :lol: :lol:
They only played AM in 2016, a match they won thanks to an offside goal mind you. They faced a trrrible Wolfsburg, Roma and city side to get to the final and played terribly in that semi final

Cal?

CR7 fan
They only played AM in 2016, a match they won thanks to an offside goal mind you. They faced a trrrible Wolfsburg, Roma and city side to get to the final and played terribly in that semi final
My mistake confusing 16/17 with 15/16. They only managed to beat Abu Dhabi FC in the SF.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Based on what metrics?

In the second leg Madrid had 15 goal attempts vs 4 goal attempts from City. 5 vs 0 on target. Also, I remember City not having a single attempt in the second half, which deserves credit as they needed to attack taking risks to overcome the result. And naturally, the home side had to be conservative because of the away goal rule.

In the first leg, Real Madrid had 11 attempts vs 5 attempts from City.

At times I think some people just try to over exaggerate here to make a point, but I don't think you need it. You have good posts in this forum.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Madrid have had all types of dodgy crap in their favour for yonks, you’re really reaching here. Not surprising, considering some of your other posts.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-robbery-in-europe/1nfc4uhb61x011l1bwl0r500at
Probably an article written by a bitter Barca fan.

Can anyone seriously deny that late penalty against Juve SHOULD be a penalty?

Buffon was just ranting about destroying dreams, nowhere did he even say it shouldn't have been given.

Referees are not supposed to go all sentimental over these things.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Do please try to understand that no one has ever retained the CL in the CL era (not talking about EC), plenty of managers have won 3 league titles in a row.
So it’s been retained many times, but you have to leave out 40 years of history to try and make 2016-18 seem more special. Ok.

Are we going to talk about the Scandal of Stamford Bridege again? :confused:
Cf my other post with all the ‘favours’ Madrid have got over the years. You just keep referencing one game like a broken clock.

Then he left, ZZ left after an unprecedented CL 3-peat.
Not unprecedented.

Because he's already achieved in 2.5 seasons which no manager in the history of human history has managed, win 3 CLs. Is it so hard to understand he could have felt an emptiness not felt by anyone ever?
Real Madrid won 5 straight in the 50s. Ajax, and Bayern Munich 3peated. Several others did 2 in a row. Why is it unprecedented? Because in this era we now have a group stage? GTFOH.

Yes Zidane was the first in this era and credit to him, but it will be done again.

Last edited:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Based on what metrics?

In the second leg Madrid had 15 goal attempts vs 4 goal attempts from City. 5 vs 0 on target. Also, I remember City not having a single attempt in the second half, which deserves credit as they needed to attack taking risks to overcome the result. And naturally, the home side had to be conservative because of the away goal rule.

In the first leg, Real Madrid had 11 attempts vs 5 attempts from City.

At times I think some people just try to over exaggerate here to make a point, but I don't think you need it. You have good posts in this forum.
I owe you an apology, after looking again you are right about playing terribly being harsh. My bad, perhaps I just recall the tie being close in aggregate and an own goal seeing Madrid through

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So it’s been retained many times, but you have to leave out 40 years of history to try and make 2016-18 seem more special. Ok.

Cf my other post with all the ‘favours’ Madrid have got over the years. You just keep referencing one game like a broken clock.

Not unprecedented.

Real Madrid won 5 straight in the 50s. Ajax, and Bayern Munich 3peated. Several others did 2 in a row. Why is it unprecedented? Because in this era we now have a group stage? GTFOH.

Yes Zidane was the first in this era and credit to him, but it will be done again.
Honestly I think we will see a treble or sextuple before we see a team win 3 straight CL’s. And I say this as someone who does think Pep >>> Zidane but that CL run in this era is just bonkers

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Not unprecedented.

Nonsense.

The threepeat in the modern era is a massive achievement. If it was so run of the mill, it would have been done in the 25 years preceding it.

This one eyed ness from Barca fans about all things Real Madrid is pretty tiring.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Honestly I think we will see a treble or sextuple before we see a team win 3 straight CL’s. And I say this as someone who does think Pep >>> Zidane but that CL run in this era is just bonkers
It’s a great achievement, but what he said is the equivalent of saying ‘Fergie is the only manager to win the Premier league 3 times in a row, therefore no one else in the history of English football has ever been English champions three times in a row’

Just because the competition has a different name, doesn’t mean you can just ignore history. It seems people have been fooled by marketing.