Zidane sack watch - 19/20

Imran Mamdani

I had great respect for Zidane up until he started bashing Bale - no one should be treated like he has been, specially in public. Couldn't care less if he got the boot tbh - deserves it more like.

Eddy_JukeZ

It was admirable that he returned, but I think it will backfire on him.

He left at the perfect time and the highest of highs a manager could achieve.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It was admirable that he returned, but I think it will backfire on him.

He left at the perfect time and the highest of highs a manager could achieve.
Zidane would have been perfect for Juventus. A huge chance to win domestic titles, the presence of Ronaldo for the CL, his former club etc etc...

Eddy_JukeZ

Zidane would have been perfect for Juventus. A huge chance to win domestic titles, the presence of Ronaldo for the CL, his former club etc etc...
I am surprised he didn't go there.

Would have been great and allowed him to broaden his coaching ideals a bit more.

I would be surprised if Zidane is still the Real manager next season. Probably good news for us though, because I'm pretty sure Jose would be his successor.

Okey

Yep. I thought that was the nailed on club for him. Nothing really left to achieve at Madrid. Might still happen though, the Juve move. He's still a young manager. Hard to see how this Madrid stint goes well.

pascell

Iirc wasnt he linked with the Juve job last year around October? Real Madrid are Real Madrid, they'll pick up wins just off individual brilliance but when it comes to a game with slim pickings and they need the tactics to work a treat, I'm not convinced Zidane is the right fit.

It's going to be fun watching it all unravel when it goes wrong though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yep. I thought that was the nailed on club for him. Nothing really left to achieve at Madrid. Might still happen though, the Juve move. He's still a young manager. Hard to see how this Madrid stint goes well.
It probably had to do with family reasons.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I had great respect for Zidane up until he started bashing Bale - no one should be treated like he has been, specially in public. Couldn't care less if he got the boot tbh - deserves it more like.
Not just Bale but his public courting of Pogba and deliberate unsettling tactics, I hope he gets sacked and Bale butts him on the way out ala Zidane himself in the WC

championo

Top Stalker
I think he is going to be exposed this season. He had Ronaldo and he carried his team for him. Pep he is not.

Gasolin

But I thought they had a great transferwindow with Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Rodrygo and Militao, and things were looking good for them?
It would be interesting if somehow, Zidane system completely goes to the trash because players don't understand it!
And I hope Real gets completely destroyed during the first 10 games, while we keep winning.
Pogba would then look at their team in a different light...

sugar_kane

Zidane's jeans + jacket combo remind me a little bit too much of the Money Supermarket ad:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I give him until December, before Mourinho is hired to clean up shop.
I think so too, any players who would still revolt against his return are those who the hierarchy probably want to start thinking about moving on soon anyway

Suedesi

In the same amount of games for real madrid bale has scored over double zidane did, he's assisted roughly the same but most important bale has won over double the amount of major trophies as zidane.

Probably hurts a club legend to be embarrassingly outdone by a constantly injured "reject" that cant even speak Spanish.
Jesus fckn Christ you're being serious....

Superunknown

I can see them getting Poch. An appointment that doesn't close the door on signing Pogba.
Poch at the end of the season makes sense, as I can't see him leaving Spurs part of the way through. I think that would be a bit disrespectful on his part and I can't really see that happening.

Think he would do well there, tbh. Be interesting to see how he would fare with an almost endless budget.

Jaae

Not ITK
Are you saying that Gareth Bale has won a World Cup, the Euros, a Ballon D’Or, and the FIFA world player of the year 3x?
But Bale has more goals! Of course, it’s a given a forward would score more than a midfielder, but still.... more goals!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
He has achieved more it’s not even up for debate.....stats and trophy counts don’t lie.
What are you on about. Zidane is a world cup, champions league and ballon d'or winner. Putting Bale in the same sentence as Zidane as players is such a ridiculous notion in itself that it's not even funny.

Zidane is amongst the best ever to ever play the game of football and a generational talent while Bale clearly isn't.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bale achieved more than Zidane? :lol:
More CL's yeah, but Zidane's overall career is clearly much better than Bale's.