Zidane watch

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
:lol:

It's a shame though. If Madrid thought of this before offering a contract it wouldn't have ended like this.
They were slaves to their politics, they couldn't sell Bale the same year they sold Ronaldo (and as much as we all agree that Ronaldo made that team better, in order to rebuild those wages +117M were the best option for Real) and after scoring 2 goals in the UCL final, especially the wonder goal.

They could try to rebuild faster past year, god knows why they didn't try, but Isco, Bale or Modric were at their hottest market value past summer and they didn't take advantage, probably because having an awful year after selling so many fan favourite players could've costed Florentino his chair, even if it was the right move in the long run.

Mick1

He is, and the club isn't doing anything wrong as well. He can sit on his arse and play golf, just like the club being able to make it harder for him.

It was a shame though, had he had a bit of ambition it wouldn't have ended like this.
He s won it all and really has nothing to prove. Shame he did it for such a bunch of entitled cnuts. You make United fans seem classy by comparison

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Some diplomatic answer like that and there is no polemic whatsoever. Everything is done on purpose obviously
Exactly. Mind, we're real madrid, chaos is good, circus is good. But the manager is not supposed to be the one at the center of it...the last one who did was Mourinho and it didn't end well :lol:
Yes but it will be much worse now. I mean He was a scapegoat for being Bale. I can only see two choices : out or fans abusing him again. To be fair I would be pissed as well if someone in ManUnited is getting paid 600k to do jack shit and play golf. We have our own in Sanchez, huge salary and pretty much useless but Ole is still neutral about him.

But in the case of Bale He's on 600k per week and the manager publicly said He's not needed after enduring years of being made a scapegoat. If He stays for another year, I can only imagine what your fans will do to his car. Maybe booing him every time They see him? throwing bananas? the list is endless.
Mh, i don't know about that. I mean, if he stays he's gonna have to deal with the fans everyday in valdebebas, but i think it's more likely they'll just ignore him

AshRK

Zidane is a p*ick for the way he has acted in this whole situation but I have zero sympathy for Bale. He had his chance to leave Madrid on numerous occasion and become a real legend elsewhere but he chose not to leave but stay. I also have zero sympathy for Madrid or Zidane, 2 years ago they had a chance to sell him when United and Jose were after him but they missed the boat and were acting all giddy then.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
He s won it all and really has nothing to prove. Shame he did it for such a bunch of entitled cnuts. You make United fans seem classy by comparison
Yep, Bale got all those trophies by himself. He's our most important player in this century, always bringing his A game day in day out, never shying from the responsibility, never complaining, never going behind the manager's back and asking for his favorite position, never leaving the stadium early, or playing golf or anything. He's so good that he can use sign language to speak with his teammates after 6 years.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid

It's a shame though. If Madrid thought of this before offering a contract it wouldn't have ended like this.
It hasn't ended yet though, he might go to China which would show how ambitious he is.

At least he's no Sanchez, he can score a goal or two every couple of months.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I wonder when Zidane has to appear at the tribunal in Den Haag. Hopefully before the season starts.

NM

It hasn't ended yet though, he might go to China which would show how ambitious he is.

At least he's no Sanchez, he can score a goal or two every couple of months.
I'm sure you would be first out the door if your boss wanted you to leave for less pay.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm sure you would be first out the door if your boss wanted you to leave for less pay.

That's why China is more likely, he'll get even more, not less. There's also his lack of ambition. Perfect place for him really, maybe bar the weather. He can continue using sign language as well, so no issues with the language barrier as well, it'd work out better I'd think.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Let's say he's not willing to move to China and no other decent side wants him, is there any coming back at Real Madrid?

If they are 3rd and Hazard is not doing the business and there's a fit Bale in training, would Zidane give him a chance?

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Let's say he's not willing to move to China and no other decent side wants him, is there any coming back at Real Madrid?

If they are 3rd and Hazard is not doing the business and there's a fit Bale in training, would Zidane give him a chance?
I don't think a fit Bale would be a starter anymore, he has lost his pace... he'd be better than Asensio or Lucas, but he has Hazard, Vinicius or maybe even Rodrygo above him in the pecking order. There's also Kubo who has showed great potential. Maybe if some of them get injured, then yes, Zidane has shown to use every player when it's necessary, even if they're out of favor like James or Bale himself.

NM

That's why China is more likely, he'll get even more, not less. There's also his lack of ambition. Perfect place for him really, maybe bar the weather. He can continue using sign language as well, so no issues with the language barrier as well, it'd work out better I'd think.
Good job not responding to what I wrote. I thought United fans were terrible but you guys are incredibly fickle.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Good job not responding to what I wrote. I thought United fans were terrible but you guys are incredibly fickle.
So you don't even know what you wrote... :lol: you said "I'm sure you would be first out the door if your boss wanted you to leave for less pay" but as I said that is not the case here, since he's going to be paid even more if he's going to China.

Nogbadthebad

Yep, Bale got all those trophies by himself. He's our most important player in this century, always bringing his A game day in day out, never shying from the responsibility, never complaining, never going behind the manager's back and asking for his favorite position, never leaving the stadium early, or playing golf or anything. He's so good that he can use sign language to speak with his teammates after 6 years.

Only 21 players have ever scored more than 100 first team goals for Real, and Bale is one of them.

Doesn't matter how much you try to pretend otherwise, he's one for your history books, and the club should deal with it better than this.

NM

So you don't even know what you wrote... :lol: you said "I'm sure you would be first out the door if your boss wanted you to leave for less pay" but as I said that is not the case here, since he's going to be paid even more if he's going to China.
Great job reading. I wrote about you, not him.

youmeletsfly

If you remember well, Bale's agent is the one who started it all a few months ago when he came out in public saying that Bale will sit on his ass and collect his salary if no other team comes in and pays him the same.

You do not discuss such things in public, no matter the circumstance.

Madrid is a business, Bale still has 3 years left on a more than 60 mil contract, 60 fecking million. Of course RM will try anything to get rid, especially when his agent can't keep his mouth shut and, looking at the situation from all.possible angles, both Bale and the agent seem only interested about money.

Bale did alright for Madrid, but his entourage's attitude is pretty childish. I might be wrong or harsh, but that is how I see it.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Only 21 players have ever scored more than 100 first team goals for Real, and Bale is one of them.

Doesn't matter how much you try to pretend otherwise, he's one for your history books, and the club should deal with it better than this.
It's about his attitude over a long time now, not the amount of goals. I'm sure he's been paid and taken care of even better than your ranking of if we had such a list for it.
Great job reading. I wrote about you, not him.
Great job writing something absolutely irrelevant, why would I leave if I'm going to get paid less, and neither would Bale. But he's going to be paid more, and I'd have left if I had no ambition for football as well, it's up to him. Either option is fair.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

With Florentino? Even if we're amazing while he's on the golf course he'd probably be in Zidane's ear telling him to play Bale...if we actually don't do so well? It might get to the point of play Bale or get sacked

Luke1995

How hard it will be to phase out the likes of Marcelo, Modric, Sergio Ramos and Benzema ?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"Bale didn´t dress the other day because he didn´t want. My spanish is confusing. I didn´t disrespect anyone.
I said that the club was dealing with his exit. We will see if he plays tomorrow"

Mick1

He can speak fecking swahili for all I care when he scores in 2 champions league finals. But my point stand, I'm no Madrid fan

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He can speak fecking swahili for all I care when he scores in 2 champions league finals. But my point stand, I'm no Madrid fan
We've won 4 of those over the last 5 years. Any madridista over the age of 28 has seen and likely remembers 7 European Cups. Seven. For your club, winning the CL might be the greatest day of your life. For us, it's a tuesday

:wenger:

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
We've won 4 of those over the last 5 years. Any madridista over the age of 28 has seen and likely remembers 7 European Cups. Seven. For your club, winning the CL might be the greatest day of your life. For us, it's a tuesday

:wenger:
You are really tempting the football gods there. All good things come to an end.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can totally understand Flo being upset with Zidane. You have a €90m asset with €100m worth of contract still on the books being basically reduced to nothing. We know the coach is supreme but as a business, that's a massive hit.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I can totally understand Flo being upset with Zidane. You have a €90m asset with €100m worth of contract still on the books being basically reduced to nothing. We know the coach is supreme but as a business, that's a massive hit.
I love it. Football over business, I say.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You are really tempting the football gods there. All good things come to an end.
I'm on speaking terms with the football gods. They're bigger madridistas than me. We'll be fine :drool:

:D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not at real madrid, Zidane now and Mourinho before are the only two managers in our history to hold that kind of influence at the club. Florentino didn't even think the managers mattered at all before Mourinho.

And Florentino is 100% right in this, though if my reading of it is right then i understand Zidane

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
With Florentino? Even if we're amazing while he's on the golf course he'd probably be in Zidane's ear telling him to play Bale...if we actually don't do so well? It might get to the point of play Bale or get sacked
This is a joke, right? If it Benitez or some other coach, yeah. But Zizou is like Flo's son, he could field whoever he wanted even in his first tenure, let alone now where now he has absolute power. "Play Bale or get the sack" haha.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
He was absolutely irrelevant in that whole season. Basically he has had 1 great game in over two seasons now, and that was a CL final, great, and he got a new contract for it, but it's time to move on now.

And of course you're no Madrid fan, had you actually watched the matches in the last 2-3 seasons you'd have moved there in person to end the contract.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is a joke, right? If it Benitez or some other coach, yeah. But Zizou is like Flo's son, he could field whoever he wanted even in his first tenure, let alone now where now he has absolute power. "Play Bale or get the sack" haha.
It's Florentino Perez we're talking about. Agree it's highly unlikely with Zidane, but still...

And Bale was until very recently the apple of Flo's eyes. I mean, it took us winning the double with him injured for Zidane to get the leeway not to start him by presidential decree...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was absolutely irrelevant in that whole season. Basically he has had 1 great game in over two seasons now, and that was a CL final, great, and he got a new contract for it, but it's time to move on now.
To be fair, while the games were irrelevant, he'd been a fecking monster in the weeks leading up to the final. Also he got the contract in 2016, back when he was a top 5-6 in the world and a realistic ballon d'or candidate and arguably our best player outright. Contract lenght was immediately ridiculous though. Somebody really needs to step up to Flo and tell him to fecking stop handing out 6 years contracts that would take players into their 30s...

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
It's Florentino Perez we're talking about. Agree it's highly unlikely with Zidane, but still...

And Bale was until very recently the apple of Flo's eyes. I mean, it took us winning the double with him injured for Zidane to get the leeway not to start him by presidential decree...
He could bench Bale two years ago, he can send the current washed up Bale to the stands for eternity and Perez wouldn't do anything about it, remember that the day Zizou left was one of the few occasions that you saw Perez getting really sad, even shedding tears, it was like Di Stefano's funeral... he basically begged him for months to bring him back.

To be fair, while the games were irrelevant, he'd been a fecking monster in the weeks leading up to the final. Also he got the contract in 2016, back when he was a top 5-6 in the world and a realistic ballon d'or candidate and arguably our best player outright. Contract lenght was immediately ridiculous though. Somebody really needs to step up to Flo and tell him to fecking stop handing out 6 years contracts that would take players into their 30s...
That was the season when he missed the most games (or the second worst?), it was too much even by his standards, he was top 5-6? Maybe in Euros or for a month or two, but that was not a good "year" for him.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He could bench Bale two years ago
i'm not sure about this. I mean technically sure, he could. But we know how much pressure Flo put on Ancelotti and Benitez in regards to team selections and specifically Bale, and it is a fact that right until his injury in that clasico Bale was a guaranteed starter for Zidane as well, no matter the situation.

That was the season when he missed the most games (or the second worst?), it was too much even by his standards, he was top 5-6? Maybe in Euros or for a month or two, but that was not a good "year" for him.
Calendar year, not season. Admittedly not a very large sample, only half a season+a couple games+Euros with Wales, but still. 15/16 was also the first season in which he missed a significant chunk of it to injury, so at the time that wasn't that big an issue in terms of impacting his contract, i guess. He signs that contract until '19 or '20 instead of '22, we wouldn't really be having this situation

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
i'm not sure about this. I mean technically sure, he could. But we know how much pressure Flo put on Ancelotti and Benitez in regards to team selections and specifically Bale, and it is a fact that right until his injury in that clasico Bale was a guaranteed starter for Zidane as well, no matter the situation.

Calendar year, not season. Admittedly not a very large sample, only half a season+a couple games+Euros with Wales, but still. 15/16 was also the first season in which he missed a significant chunk of it to injury, so at the time that wasn't that big an issue in terms of impacting his contract, i guess. He signs that contract until '19 or '20 instead of '22, we wouldn't really be having this situation
If you really think that Perez would force a washed up Bale on Zizou after begging him for months to come back I don't know know what to tell you. I think you're massively underrating Zizou's importance and influence on Perez and at the same time overrating Bale's (current) importance to Perez. He's going to cut his losses for his next star signing(s).