Zidane watch

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If you really think that Perez would force a washed up Bale on Zizou after begging him for months to come back I don't know know what to tell you. I think you're massively underrating Zizou's importance and influence on Perez and at the same time overrating Bale's (current) importance to Perez.
Nah, i admitted it's highly unlikely. But with Flo in charge, i tend to always expect the worst to happen i guess. Putting pride above reason or affection is something he's done enough times already...

Mick1

He was absolutely irrelevant in that whole season. Basically he has had 1 great game in over two seasons now, and that was a CL final, great, and he got a new contract for it, but it's time to move on now.

And of course you're no Madrid fan, had you actually watched the matches in the last 2-3 seasons you'd have moved there in person to end the contract.
Nah. I'd have to lose about 20 iq points and a whole lot more in class to support the white handkerchief waving cnuts.
Quite similar to the Sanchez situation but even with the famous toxicity of united fans, we would not want/accept our coach coming up with what Zidane is saying.

Mick1

We've won 4 of those over the last 5 years. Any madridista over the age of 28 has seen and likely remembers 7 European Cups. Seven. For your club, winning the CL might be the greatest day of your life. For us, it's a tuesday

:wenger:
Exactly, which is why I'd expect Madridistas to have a little more class. Players like Bale contributed to that success and were given a new contracts for that reason.

I get that you want him out, and even as a relatively uninterested party, I'd rather see him leave and play at a high level, I think he s got that in the tank.

But if he wants to " screw Madrid over" by actually respecting the contract he was offered, I would get it. Leaving Madrid is a step down in all but quality of fans.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah. I'd have to lose about 20 iq points and a whole lot more in class to support the white handkerchief waving cnuts.
Quite similar to the Sanchez situation but even with the famous toxicity of united fans, we would not want/accept our coach coming up with what Zidane is saying.
You do you, but unlike you, we're not a retirement home for the likes of Bale, he can play his golf elsewhere, and if he's gonna do it here he's got to deal with what will come with it as well.

clarkydaz

We've won 4 of those over the last 5 years. Any madridista over the age of 28 has seen and likely remembers 7 European Cups. Seven. For your club, winning the CL might be the greatest day of your life. For us, it's a tuesday

:wenger:
welcome to life without Ronaldo, get used to it

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On the defeat: "What happened is that we went into the match very badly. A high level competition, we went in very badly. After eight minutes we were 2-0. There was no answer from us to change anything. The first half was difficult, we never got into the match. We lacked everything. Above all intensity.

Things to talk to the players about: "They scored seven goals for us, it can't happen. The players know that too, and they're disappointed. You don't have to give it any more thought. It's a preseason match. They've been better at everything. And that's it. There's nothing more to talk about".

Atmosphere: "It's a good stadium. People come from all over the world. We couldn't win for them.

A resounding defeat: "What happened is that we went into the match very badly. Then there are gaps and that's what happened to us. I'm thinking about the start of the game. In a game like this if there is no intensity you can get into difficulties.

On Hazard: "Not just a poor performance by Hazard. It's all of them. I am the first at fault. We were wrong about everything, especially in the beginning.

Lack of motivation: "We're going to be motivated. I have no doubt about that. Our season will be good. I'm convinced. We can't be happy today. For the rest I am convinced that I have a team that will compete and very well. That's it. We have to go back and rest a bit.

If Zidane is affected by the defeat: "I don't care but it hurts. When you lose... You don't play to lose. But that's it, we can't look back. It's a bad game and we have to think about what we've done.

What now?: Rest and think about the start of La Liga. Done."
So will he get exposed this season?

SATA

Hope he's sack after three months and Pogba can also forget the idea of going there. Don't have a liking for him especially the way after he treated Bale and i'm not even Welsh. I also don't understand why some United fans wanted him to be our manager

DoomSlayer

Pogba will fail in that Real Madrid squad, they need something totally different. Don't understand why he wants to go there either.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
All summer all I've heard is 'look at how Madrid are rebuilding their club, that's what a big club looks like'.

I'd rather have had our preseason than theirs.

DoomSlayer

All summer all I've heard is 'look at how Madrid are rebuilding their club, that's what a big club looks like'.

Real Madrid getting absolutely peppered by Atletico, you love to see that. :keano: It should have been more than 7 as well, it was an embarrassing defeat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

People see big fees, players that they fancy and they start gushing over other clubs. Madrid's main issue was that they needed a midfield dynamo, the exact type doesn't even matter but the likes of Kanté, Saul, Allan would have been perfect. As long as they don't have this type of player plus Casemiro, they will be overrun in midfield.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
So will he get exposed this season?
It will be interesting to watch as many thought he could come here and have us challenging for the title.
Maybe the quality of the players makes a difference after all.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Zidane would be better off sorting his shower of shit team out instead of tapping up Pogba in the press. He will be gone by Crimbo.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Real Madrid spanked Barca in 2017 with the Super Copa games and Barca was supposed to be in decline. Then they won a double.

Real Madrid won't be this shit in meaningful games.

rotherham_red

Been saying it right from the start of the summer, it's all going to end in tears for Madrid and Zidane this season. Adding Pogba to that shambles as well? Yikes.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
This team needs a general. It's been 4 seasons with a "soft" coach and it's clear the players are unable to put on the intensity needed to play the game anymore. Zidane coming back was never going to change a thing, he's too loyal to players in need of a replacement and he doesn't care for young players who could give this team a new dimension. Also for all the bells and whistles about Madrid's transfers, the only one that is an automatic starter is Hazard. This is going to be another disaster season, and that's a feeling madridistas have had even before this match. Barça and Atleti have strengthened themselves way smarter than us.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Going to be interesting to see if Zidane can rebuild the team.

I always had the feeling he essentially just copied Rafa's tactical plans first time around, but had the respect of the players of course. Which Rafa didn't.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sign midfielders. Seriously.

Also, what the feck is going on with our fitness? Another injury yesterday, Jovic

LiquidSnake

People see big fees, players that they fancy and they start gushing over other clubs. Madrid's main issue was that they needed a midfield dynamo, the exact type doesn't even matter but the likes of Kanté, Saul, Allan would have been perfect. As long as they don't have this type of player plus Casemiro, they will be overrun in midfield.
I totally agree and that's why I was baffled they gave Kroos a new contract. Him and Modric in a midfield against a quality opposition is just a suicide at this point.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The best thing for us is that it happened in July and exposes certain players. Odriozola, Nacho, Carvajal or Courtois, who had said hours before that now there was no doubts about the number 1, hehe.
This team is still missing one or two signings in midfield + Casemiro / Valverde.

Atlético took it very seriously. From what happens in preseason to the situation of the teams two months later there is a world.
I imagine that now they will accelerate the departures a bit. Hazard tried it, but the teammates didn't help, and he held the ball too much. There is still no connection in the field.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sign midfielders. Seriously.

Also, what the feck is going on with our fitness? Another injury yesterday, Jovic
It's crazy how different you are without Casemiro and he isn't even enough. I totally lost faith in Isco, he doesn't create offensively and is useless defensively while Modric is getting really old for the role that Zidane gave him, I wonder if he shouldn't play as a regista with actual runners around him. Also you really should have been after Rabiot.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's crazy how different you are without Casemiro
Tbf that's true of any team. Brazil can't lose with him in the team, the moment he missed a game they lost :lol:

Only way we could make do without him is if we signed someone like Fabinho as a backup. Technically i guess his backup should be Valverde this season, and he's still missing too

el3mel

It's a preseason game first and foremost. I don't think anyone will remember it several years later.

However I can't say Madrid winning league by any means possible. Their season will depend on CL, again.

cyberman

The best thing for us is that it happened in July and exposes certain players. Odriozola, Nacho, Carvajal or Courtois, who had said hours before that now there was no doubts about the number 1, hehe.
This team is still missing one or two signings in midfield + Casemiro / Valverde.

Atlético took it very seriously. From what happens in preseason to the situation of the teams two months later there is a world.
I imagine that now they will accelerate the departures a bit. Hazard tried it, but the teammates didn't help, and he held the ball too much. There is still no connection in the field.
Get used to Hazard. All he does is hold on to the ball for too long and loves drawing the foul.
All the strikers he has played for has suffered because of it. No striker will ever be a consistent goalscorer if they have Eden as their main provider.

rotherham_red

Get used to Hazard. All he does is hold on to the ball for too long and loves drawing the foul.
All the strikers he has played for has suffered because of it. No striker will ever be a consistent goalscorer if they have Eden as their main provider.
Not just that, but he's always been a streaky player and for someone like him to be the focal point of Madrid, I don't see them being consistent enough for the league. And in the CL, I don't think they have a strong enough team or enough match winners to do anything there either.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I expect some kind of evolution. Yesterday they were very fixed in their positions while in the previous games they exchanged more frequently.
I would like to see him more often in the center.
I have always assumed that if he is so important for Zidane, then he must have devised some kind of change in his game.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Going to be interesting to see if Zidane can rebuild the team.

I always had the feeling he essentially just copied Rafa's tactical plans first time around, but had the respect of the players of course. Which Rafa didn't.
Only thing Zidane did in Jan-May 2016 was putting Casemiro as the main/untouchable DMF. And it worked.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That works for us then, since we don't have a reliable goalscoring striker anyways