Zieler suffers break

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
United can confirm goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler has broken a bone in his arm.

Zieler, a German youth international, suffered the injury in the Reserves’ 3-3 draw at St James’ Park on Monday night.

With the Reds leading 1-0 in the first half, the 20-year-old stopper punched clear a cross but simultaneously collided with a Newcastle attacker. He received lengthy treatment by the side of the pitch before being replaced by Conor Devlin.

Zieler, who enjoyed a loan spell earlier this season at Northampton Town, will be further assessed on Wednesday 1 April.

www.manutd.com

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
What's the debate over this lad? United quality? Filling spots in our system?

Shame about his injury but maybe this will bring some clarity as to hsi role for us...

Bearded but no genius

What's the debate over this lad? United quality? Filling spots in our system?

Shame about his injury but maybe this will bring some clarity as to hsi role for us...
Too early to know, what with Amos currently occupying the position behind our three first team strikers.

cj_sparky

I think Devlin might just be the most promising keeper of the lot.
Only times I have seen him this season he has made some terrible howlers. I cannot make an overall opinion though.

I think one of these young goalkeepers might need to make the step up to third choice. I cannot see PIG being at the club much longer.

PS18

Devlin's solid enough but probably the least promising keeper on our books right now (including Sam Johnstone).

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Was never that impressed by Devlin but that save he made in the first half was out of this world.