Zinedine Zidane - 3 time CL winning manager without a job

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Did not see a thread on his next destination - just a thread questioning whether he will continue as a manager (@Pexbo)

Of course he will. Would be a bit of a shame if he ends up in the France job, though that seems most plausible. If Poch were to get the sack, Zidane would likely be the hot favourite for PSG. After wanting Rose and Nagelsmann here, and seen them both leave for the top 2 in the Bundesliga, I'm starting to dream about Zizou coming here. After all, he was heavily linked when Jose was imploding.

L'Équipe have a covery story on him certainly not wanting to take a break, but go straight back into management.

What's the situation with Deschamps - how long is his contract?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel like he's dead set to take over France. Imagine his legacy after winning everything as a player and then going on to win the international competitions with France as a manager too, after winning everything at club level as a manager for Madrid.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Deschamps's contract ends after the World Cup and the FFF president has already said that if he wants to keep it, the job is his.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Deschamps's contract ends after the World Cup and the FFF president has already said that if he wants to keep it, the job is his.
Water carrier will do the honourable thing right, step aside for the king.

dinostar77

France or Juventus one day for him i think. As a Marseille lad i think he has said a few times he wouldnt take the PSG job. Lack of english is a barrier for a job in PL if he ever fancied it as his man management is a strength apparently. Could see him at Chelsea one day. London is a big enough city to give him anonymity as he is apparently a very private individual.

Zidane does seem to get off lightly because of who he is. As a manager i wouldn't want him anywhere near utd job, as he has a distrust of youth, a preference for experienced players and tactically is just ok. Apparently one of reasons Ancelotti got the Madrid job was his willingness to bring though the younger players madrid have on their books.

Mihai

How would you all feel if he went on holiday while unemployed?

JPRouve

Scout
Water carrier will do the honourable thing right, step aside for the king.
Even as a joke that's extremely disrepectful toward Deschamps who was himself a great player and then became a successful manager. In french football history Deschamps is a legend and he was one before even becoming a manager.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Even as a joke that's extremely disrepectful toward Deschamps who was himself a great player and then became a successful manager. In french football history Deschamps is a legend and he was one before even becoming a manager.
No, as a joke it's just a joke. If it's meant then sure, it's offensive.

JPRouve

Scout
France or Juventus one day for him i think. As a Marseille lad i think he has said a few times he wouldnt take the PSG job. Lack of english is a barrier for a job in PL if he ever fancied it. Could see him at Chelsea one day. London is a big enough city to give him anonymity as he is apparently a very private individual.
I have seen people talk about his english but do any of you actually know something about his english or are people just assuming?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He will continuously join and leave Madrid as manager until the end of time

JPRouve

Scout
No, as a joke it's just a joke. If it's meant then sure, it's offensive.
I know that it's a joke and I didn't tell you that it was offensive. You are talking about a legend put some respect on his name. ;)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I have seen people talk about his english but do any of you actually know something about his english or are people just assuming?
Giggs is quoted as saying Zidane doesn't speak English as far as I know.

EDIT: "I know Zidane's English isn't very good from experience. I'm just monitoring the situation. When Gareth gets on camp I will speak to him like I always do".

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
he didn’t reply to a single one of my personally addressed letters asking him which of the real madrid squad he would most like to take for a romantic dinner and which one of them he would like to roll over him like a freight train, so i can only assume he didn’t understand a lick of the queen’s.

JPRouve

Scout
Its well known he doesnt speak any english.
Who knows that well? It's a serious question, I don't think that i have seen anyone knowledgeable about it in 2021.

JPRouve

Scout
Giggs is quoted as saying Zidane doesn't speak English as far as I know.

EDIT: "I know Zidane's English isn't very good from experience. I'm just monitoring the situation. When Gareth gets on camp I will speak to him like I always do".
He didn't talk to him what kind of experience does he have? Also it was as a defense for Bale.

JPRouve

Scout
he didn’t reply to a single one of my personally addressed letters asking him which of the real madrid squad he would most like to take for a romantic dinner and which one of them he would like to roll over him like a freight train, so i can only assume he didn’t understand a lick of the queen’s.
I saw him in Croydon recently. I said ‘awright’ and he just mumbled something at me in french.
:lol:

tomaldinho1

France or Juventus one day for him i think. As a Marseille lad i think he has said a few times he wouldnt take the PSG job. Lack of english is a barrier for a job in PL if he ever fancied it as his man management is a strength apparently. Could see him at Chelsea one day. London is a big enough city to give him anonymity as he is apparently a very private individual.

Zidane does seem to get off lightly because of who he is. As a manager i wouldn't want him anywhere near utd job, as he has a distrust of youth, a preference for experienced players and tactically is just ok. Apparently one of reasons Ancelotti got the Madrid job was his willingness to bring though the younger players madrid have on their books.
I’m amazed this still pops us when you look at what he’s won at Real and the manner in which he’s done it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

JPRouve

Scout

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I’m amazed this still pops us when you look at what he’s won at Real and the manner in which he’s done it.
Ancelotti is not particularly known for "bringing up youth" either.
What the quote actually means is "Ancelotti is willing to let the president make the lineups."

JPRouve

Scout
It's as if he wasn't brought to win trophies. And he did use young players like Rodrygo, Vinicius and Valverde, he isn't supposed to play a bunch of young players just for the sake of doing it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's a better source and a recent one, thanks. Now what type of moron leaves spanish classes when he is working in Spain?
Yes, a surprise, Balkan players learn very quickly. The boy had a lot on his mind

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can’t believe Juventus Zidane didn’t happen

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know that it's a joke and I didn't tell you that it was offensive. You are talking about a legend put some respect on his name. ;)
Ha. Fair enough mate. Total respect.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Indeed. 2 league and 3 Champions League titles in 4,5 years is about as good as it gets.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Last edited:

FatTails

You gotta trust Giggs. He has his sources when it comes to what Zidane is, and isn’t, good at :wenger: