Zinedine Zidane the coach

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins

RoyH1

I'll just leave this here.

Paul Ince. Great player, terrible pundit.

I don’t get why British media, arguably the most visible in world football due to the PL reach, insist on using thick ex footballers to do their analysis. Their opinions and argumentation skills make me cringe so hard.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
Paul Ince. Great player, terrible pundit.

I don’t get why British media, arguably the most visible in world football due to the PL reach, insist on using thick ex footballers to do their analysis. Their opinions and argumentation skills make me cringe so hard.
Honestly, it seems so much a case of "jobs for the boys". Listening to BT commentary and Steve McManaman during City's game was actually sickening. I don't think I've ever head any analysis come from their mouths that boils down to anything other than "he's done really well there" or "he should have done better".

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'll just leave this here.

"He's just gone in the dressing room and put smiles on the lads' faces. Me, Geremi or Ivan Campo could have done the same thing."

RoyH1

Honestly, it seems so much a case of "jobs for the boys". Listening to BT commentary and Steve McManaman during City's game was actually sickening. I don't think I've ever head any analysis come from their mouths that boils down to anything other than "he's done really well there" or "he should have done better".
That’s how I see it too. It’s just makes for such poor journalism and we get so little valuable insight as to what is going on tactically/technically.
Don’t even get me started on when they fixate on their little pet projects (like Graeme Souness and his pathological obsession with Pogba).

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I still feel like his team never dominated Europe in an as convincing way Pep's Barca and Heynckes' Bayern did.

Each season that he won the CL with Real there was some significant luck factor involved, and I never got the same indestructable feeling as with Bayern 2013 or Barca 2011.

So each time someone points to the 3 victories, it still doesn't convince me as much as a probably should. Still clearly a fine coach though, and manages to get all those diva's in line in a way most coaches couldn't.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He is definitely in a perfect position to end up as the most decorated manager of all time if he keeps going till he's old.

DarkLord

Like Sergio Ramos, he is the most clutch manager of all time. He has won everything he needs to at Real at least twice. He could be their SAF if he wants it. Only problem I see is his personal motivation if he can keep going on. He mentiond he wouldn't coach at Real for long due to the immense pressure so I can see him taking over the France job when Didier Deschamps steps down.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
My favourite non United player of all time. Can’t believe what he has already achieved as coach. Quite funny actually that most people were speculating after 2011 who out of Jose and Pep would be the first one to win 3 CLs and it turned out to be Ancelotti and then Zidane.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's done/doing a great job at Real, but the way management works it just seems like he's the right fit for them and that's why it's a success if that makes sense. I don't think he'd have the same impact at Chelsea or Bayern, say.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I will get blasted I know and don't even mind but I don't rate him as highly as most. He's just playing Football Manager with the best starting team.

Let's see how he does somewhere else unless it is PSG or City and then see what he's got.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Each season that he won the CL with Real there was some significant luck factor involved, and I never got the same indestructable feeling as with Bayern 2013 or Barca 2011.
Barcelona in 2011 beat arsenal in large part thanks to a ludicrous red card, played shakhtar donetsk in the quarter finals and then beat real madrid thanks to a Pepe special in the first leg and in the second we had a goal ruled out because cristiano got fouled, fell and ended up clipping mascherano so higuain's goal was taken off(mind, both times the ref made the correct call)

I mean sure, it's certainly not the same as real madrid-bayern(either 2017 or 2018), but they did have their share of luck

Bayern got to play barcelona running on fumes with their manager fighting cancer, Messi playing through injury, and BvB missing Gotze for the final

Point being you can't win the CL without your share of luck. And of course 3 in a row required immense amounts of it. But we were pretty damn dominant in 2016-17, when we were actually the best team in the world

Eddy_JukeZ

I will get blasted I know and don't even mind but I don't rate him as highly as most. He's just playing Football Manager with the best starting team.

Let's see how he does somewhere else unless it is PSG or City and then see what he's got.
Oh this again.

As if he's the only one who's managed Real with a stacked team.

Ronaldo leaves. Zidane comes back and leads them to La Liga glory again, and yet people still pretend Real Madrid have the best team despite evidence pointing to the contrary.