6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

Disgrace his goal was disallowed. However, like numerous people have said already, he doesn't sulk, and digs in. A true leader with that ManUtd swagger:cool:

Mr Smith

I can't remember a single moment I've thought "if Zlatan was faster that was a goal".

I do remember two times he has beaten the offside trap to find himself in acres of space and slotted home.

Unless we are talking MSN, there isn't a striker who's pace would benefit us over what he has offered so far.
I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say only a member of MSN would be better than him, but I definitely agree that the 'lack of pace' criticism doesn't hold water. Van Persie was never what you'd call really quick, but the timing of his runs were immaculate, and Ibra is the same. Extremely clever with his movement, and that's an attribute of his that doesn't actually get talked about all that much.

Janson

I see Dante is still trying to justify his opinion that Zlatan is holding us back from scoring more.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
17 goals in 27 appearance in a new league, for a team with new manager.

Zlatan's bossing the Premier League at 35 y.o.

anver

Shart stop
Ibrahimovic: “I think I had a fantastic year, I am not complaining. Let’s say the second of PSG was amazing and I came to United, my first six months here has been more than amazing. I am super happy and let’s hope we can continue the ride and keep going. I feel good. I don’t know how many years I have left but I am enjoying the football. I came to the Premier League and everyone thought it would not be possible but like always I make them eat their balls. It gives me a lot of energy, trust me. A lot of energy because they get paid to talk s*** and I get paid to play with my feet, that’s how I enjoy it.”

Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic hits back at Michael Owen
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ended 2016 with 50 goals to help Man Utd get back on track under Jose Mourinho.
MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK|BY ROB DAWSON

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He has such a way with words :D

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I've actually managed to get some inside information, even though it is fourth-hand. A friend of mine is friends with Elia, who is a friend of Memphis Depay. Zlatan apparantly had a heated argument with Mourinho earlier in the season (exact moment not known to me) and told Mourinho how he wanted to play up front, and Mourinho indulged him and we did start playing that way. Zlatan also wanted to get rid of Memphis Depay, because he doesn't like it when players cut corners in training.

IMakeThingsUp

So has anyone asked Owen what he thinks now? Considering Zlatan has scored as many goals for UTD in half a season as he did in three...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've actually managed to get some inside information, even though it is fourth-hand. A friend of mine is friends with Elia, who is a friend of Memphis Depay. Zlatan apparantly had a heated argument with Mourinho earlier in the season (exact moment not known to me) and told Mourinho how he wanted to play up front, and Mourinho indulged him and we did start playing that way. Zlatan also wanted to get rid of Memphis Depay, because he doesn't like it when players cut corners in training.
So your inside information comes via a chain which includes Memphis and the information includes the nugget that Zlatan wants rid of Memphis because he doesn't train well.

Seems legit.

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
I'm not sure it is legit myself, though I trust my friend to relay the message from Elia correctly. Just telling you what I heard and how I heard it.

Rajma

Why would Zlatan have an argument with Mourinho over Zlatan wanting to play upfront if he plays there anyway? Something doesn't add up here. :houllier:

3KDré

Why would Zlatan have an argument with Mourinho over Zlatan wanting to play upfront if he plays there anyway? Something doesn't add up here. :houllier:
He said 'how he wanted to play up front'. Meaning the way in which the team played with him, not just the position. Earlier on in the season we used Zlatan more so as a target man who we launched balls to for him to win aerially. Now we let him be the centre of the play, playmaking with Pogba and we don't just hit long balls up to him as much any more.

I am not saying I believe him though.

West Ham 0:2 Man Utd

ElQuesoGrande

I could do without the constant heel flicks (same with Pogba). It'll lead to a goal this season and everyone will cream themselves but it kills so many attacks

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Zlatan as been very isolated so far. Some good passes, like the one to Mkhitaryan leading to the Valencia-Lingard miss. Some stupid decisions like when he tries to heel flick. Looks a bit tired. But still decent hold-up play. Has done better performances before regarding that. Some okay runs that Mata could have passed better. One chance that he takes one a volley and misses. But no other goal-scoring chances then that.

Nothing special yet. Not bad, not good. Lets see what he can do the last 20 minutes.

FujiVice

So offside he didnt think he even fecking scored it, but he deserved that from the other day. Thought he's been shite today, but then he'll pop up with a goal.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don't think he's jogged at any point in this second half :lol::lol:

prateik

35. Its a miracle he is still moving. Incredibly fit.
Should get a couple of days off after this.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Wouldn't even have him on the bench V Reading. Statt on bench V Hull. Start Martial upfront and give Zlatan a couple days off ready for Liverpool.

Yagami

Good post resistant
3 full games in a week, scoring 2 (should've been 3) and assisting 3, all at 35 years old. Beast!

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He's been really poor today, his worst game by far in a United shirt. But feels good that he was gifted a goal by the refs after the horrible decision two days ago.

AndyJ1985

His legs look shot.

Rest him against Reading and keep his momentum up against Hull.
Absolutely. He shouldn't even be on the bench against Reading. He needs a long rest so he's ready for Liverpool.

ElQuesoGrande

Wouldn't even have him on the bench V Reading. Statt on bench V Hull. Start Martial upfront and give Zlatan a couple days off ready for Liverpool.
I wouldn't even have Mourinho on the bench for the Reading game

lsd

The Oracle
Been amazing but can someone seriously stop him from taking free kicks .Mata would have double the goals he has now if he was allowed free kicks

Eddy_JukeZ

Thought he was pretty dire. Looked legged.

But he got a goal. Makes up for that disallowed goal.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That IS insane.

Fab finish. People will cry about the 'offside.' Zlatan's luck went against him on Saturday. He deserved some luck today.

Ixion

Great finish for the goal. People talk about resting players and rotation and he plays another 90 minutes 48 hours after the last one at 35. What an example he is to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.