6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying_Heckfish

That's as bad as I've seen him play all season.
Yeah.. brutal stuff. Didn't offer anything for the team - and couldn't make up for it when the chances came to him.

He's banked enough good will over the season - he's allowed a bad night - but I wouldn't be looking to rush him back in after any injury.

Hopefully he can play a part in the final though!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Cannot seem to score when he should. He scores when its difficult to score. Frustrating. Should have about forty goals really with all the clear cut chances he has missed.

DatGuyRich

He's still too young to lead the line tho.
For 12 games?

Zlatan has been awful for the last few weeks. The Chelsea game showed how we need to play against Spurs, City and Arsenal and then the EL games. You can't play that with Zlatan.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he's done his ligament, well definitely extend the loan to give him time to recover. And rightly so.
Mourinho has to learn to sub him.

Ban

For 12 games?

Zlatan has been awful for the last few weeks. The Chelsea game showed how we need to play against Spurs, City and Arsenal and then the EL games. You can't play that with Zlatan.
What 12 games?
I'm talking about the next season.

You don't play the same against Spurs, City and Arsenal too cause they aren't the same and don't have the same styles.

AndyJ1985

If he's done his ligament, well definitely extend the loan to give him time to recover. And rightly so.
Mourinho has to learn to sub him.
Extend his loan just so we can pay him while he recovers? What? He's not crippled and we're not a charity ffs.

3KDré

He was terrible but let's not forget he has been one of our best players this year.

Vilev

Yeah. It's good he got injured and potentially out for many months just because we could win a qf we probably would have won anyway in the end. Fantastic logic, but you are happy. We won and Zlatan got injured.
Well obviously the best thing would be if he is okay after a weekend, it's a win-win then.
I'm not ecstatic he got injured exactly. What would i prefer is Jose getting him off around 75-80 min when it was painfully obvious it's going to be one of those day for Zlatan.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Look I don't like seeing any player get injured and hope he recovers quickly.

However, I don't believe we would have won that game without him getting injured.

Reynoldo

He's been looking more and more tired recently. Think Rashford will step up for us for the rest of the season up top.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
It was by far his worst game for us tonight, no doubt about that. Barely anything he did worked out and he looked completely out of it from minute 5..

I do like the extremely bitter predictions from some of you about how he will be defended by his "fanboys" though, it's a cute touch that really brings us all together doesn't it?...

Eddy_JukeZ

He was awful.

Hopefully injury isn't serious though. Has there been any word yet?

Djemba-Djemba

He was utterly fecking dreadful.

Not played well since the Cup Final to be honest. Looks knackered.

Hope the injury isn't too serious. He managed to walk off on it so maybe he'll be ok?

Haddock

The worst I've ever seen Zlatan play, but love what he's done this season. Shame about that injury it looked very very nasty, like a four month layoff. I hope it's not the last we see of him at Old Trafford.

Fracture90

Awful perfomance.

Hate seeing any player getting injured, knowing how devastating that is for the athletes.

It was a bad landing, bad hyperextension which affects ligaments in majority of cases. Hope it's not career ending.

Mourinho should take some blame for this, you can't play 35 year old striker that much, every minute without subbing him off. It was a miracle he didn't get injured before.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Would be a real shame if that was how his season ended, but he has been poor since the cup final. Dare I say it maybe he's lost his motivation after winning us a trophy and scoring nearly 30 goals.

At least we've got Rashford who's hitting form at just the right time. We look way more dynamic with him leading the line. Ibra will still be a big miss though.

Djemba-Djemba

What a weird season he's had.

He's been a great buy and he's scored loads but he's had too many games like tonight where he's totally useless. He's also missed countless chances, his finishing tonight was fecking woeful.

So yeah it's weird, he's probably been our best player and yet he's also had really poor aspects to his game

Sylar

That injury looked bad :( Shame that he might miss a final if we get there especially being in his home country.

I agree hes had a weird season, because hes scored some good goals for us, and goals which others wouldnt have scored. Yet somehow missed sitters which others would probably have scored, damn.

I think Jose has made a mistake with him this season. He should have been rested a few more times than he has (especially with jose admitting that he needed rest on the weekend which was worrying). And weve all seen players get injured at times when theyve been overplayed / fatigue.
The injury doesnt come at a good time at all because a worry is that Jose will try and use Rooney up top in rotation.

predator

Youth NITK
Wasn't a good game from him but he still offers us so much upfront. Having said that I do think we play better football with Rashford as the focal point but whether that football is as effective is yet to be seen.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He was really poor tonight (like, really really poor) but the idea we're somehow going to be miraculously better now he's out of the equation is stretching the limits of opportunism I fear. We're facing the prospect of entering the most crucial part of the season - with away games against City, Arse and Spurs, not to mention three potential do or die Cup games - without our two top scorers and most reliable forward threats.

However pacey and dynamic it may force us to play from now on, the fact we might not even have the option of calling on them anymore is going to prove a bitch, sooner or later.

On the plus side, it will now make winning the Europa feel like a proper achievement, rather than a pleasant (but admittedly knowing) avoided embarrassment.

Last edited:

2E_MUFC

I doubt he will play again this season. If he does he will be lucky. But people calling him for missing chances... Rashford missed about the same amount if not more!

arthurka

I doubt he will play again this season. If he does he will be lucky. But people calling him for missing chances... Rashford missed about the same amount if not more!
Dude one is 19 the other one has been doing it for 15-20 years..

stu_1992

As I said in another thread, it's a shame about his injury. Absolutely woeful game from him though, shouldn't even been on the pitch when he got that injury. Was anonymous for most of the game and when he did appear it was only for some shocking misses.

RedMaestro

As much as I like the big man's style of play I really do think this might be the end for him at this club, at least as a starter. And this has nothing to do with his potential long-term injury.

At first I was thinking that his recent poor performances might be because of fatigue, but now I really do think it might be the easiest answer, age. Even he has to face what all other players do, age has unfortunately caught up with him. He still has a lot of good things in his play, but makes more mistakes than usual. And the 'killer-instinct' doesn't seem to be as strong as before.

I do hope I'm wrong and that he'll prove me wrong, which he's done many times before when I've thought the exact same thing. But even if this might be the case, he's at least proved many doubters that they were wrong when they assumed that Ibrahimovic wasn't good enough. Despite playing as a 35 year old in his first season in the PL he has still been among the best and we can only imagine how good he would have been in the PL 5-10 years ago.

I'd actually still like him to stay next season even if he is starting to decline, but I would of course want him to be a back-up for whoever is going to be the starting striker. But I doubt that he would be interested in something like this, since he'll likely find many clubs that are going to want him as a starter.

If this is his only season I'm still grateful for his contribution. He's been a true professional and even exceeded my expectations for his first season. Now I just hope that his injury isn't that serious and that he can continue to play this season, hopefully in the Europa League Final which is in his home country. And then we will see what the future holds.

Ashley R1+O

As much as I like the big man's style of play I really do think this might be the end for him at this club, at least as a starter. And this has nothing to do with his potential long-term injury.
Ugh, a really awful way to go out to be honest. Totally gutted for him, the best I can really offer from my armchair GP office is that there was no 'plant and twist' in that hyper-extension so it may just be a medial/lat collateral strain at the absolute best for him. The twisting is where the AC/PC come into play. The knee joint tends to protect pretty well from a hyperextension when there is hardly any 'plant and twist'. I hope he isn't at least out for the final if we make it. That would be some absolutely awful luck.

On the game, I didn't really think he was any worse than he has been this season. Just painfully sloppy. But this time he struggled a bit to put away chances and that is always a concern.

At first I was thinking that his recent poor performances might be because of fatigue, but now I really do think it might be the easiest answer, age. Even he has to face what all other players do, age has unfortunately caught up with him. He still has a lot of good things in his play, but makes more mistakes than usual. And the 'killer-instinct' doesn't seem to be as strong as before.
You have to think just how hard the recovery-time for a 36yo at that size/build would be as well. Getting banged up all game must take its toll on him in one way or another, I don't really doubt that the killer instinct you speak if is still in him. It just doesn't translate through his body well enough for him.

Lets hope this isn't the end of his career here, that would be... I don't even want to think about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.