Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Look at his last 10 games for us. 900 minutes, 11 goals and 3 assists. Absurd for a 35 year old.

Zoo

50 - Number of club goals Ibrahimovic has scored in 55 games for PSG and Manchester United in 2016. Only Lionel Messi (51 goals in 51 games) has more. The Swede’s tally trumps Messi’s Barca team-mate Luis Suarez (48 in 49) and Real Madrid Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo (42 in 44), who make up 2016’s top four scorers in Europe.

- Goals Zlatan scored from outside the box this year - joint top of the quartet with Messi. Ronaldo has eight and Suarez just one.

9 - Headers the 6ft 5in striker has scored - three more than Suarez or Ronaldo. Messi has only two.

18 - Percentage of goals Zlatan has scored with his weaker foot. Only Ronaldo (27 per cent) is more productive off his weaker side. Messi is the worst at a lowly 1.96 per cent.

45 - Goals Zlatan has scored from open play, with only five of his strikes in 2016 from set-pieces (three penalties, two free-kicks). That puts him joint top with Suarez, who also hit 45 from open play, with three from set pieces. Messi has 41 from open play, Ronaldo 32.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elastic-legs-plenty-reggae.html#ixzz4UFDPMEA6

Kostur

海尔的老板
Don't think I've expected the return he's given us so far (talking pure numbers here) come end of the season, nevermind a bloody middle of it. He's been immense.

sokol11

But can he do it on a cold, wet & windy night at Stoke? :confused:

We will find out about that on 21 Jan. :) My bet is he will dominate the game just for the sake of it. :devil:

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
Some quotes from a Swedish interview with Zlatan:

"People thought I came here because of my name. I came here to demolish the league"

"Criticism is something i've experience through out my whole career, it's nothing new. But those who know me knows it triggers Zlatan. That's what makes me going. If you want to wake a lion, you should attack it."

"It's possible that I stay another year, it depends on how the season goes."

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It’s so refreshing to have players with such self confidence.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Some quotes from a Swedish interview with Zlatan:

"People thought I came here because of my name. I came here to demolish the league"

"Criticism is something i've experience through out my whole career, it's nothing new. But those who know me knows it triggers Zlatan. That's what makes me going. If you want to wake a lion, you should attack it."

"It's possible that I stay another year, it depends on how the season goes."
No CL next year then no Zlatan.

Shark

@NotShark
''But those who know me knows it triggers Zlatan''

:lol: I love how he speaks in 3rd person.

Raw

The disallowed goal that would have put him as the 2016 joint highest goalscorer in Europe must bother him a little.

Still, good game from him!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He scored(feck the ref, I am counting it) and assisted again, and he is pressing in 93rd minute like he just came in. Long may it continue.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Leader. No sulking about the wrongly disallowed goal. Got down to business and kept bringing runners in until Martial scored. Great man.

Ixion

Good header for Martial. Robbed by the ref for his goal, great little finish.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's quite hard to believe, but he might actually be at his peak of his game right now at 35 years old.

Can't believe we took so long to get him.

SirAF

Ageist
It's quite hard to believe, but he might actually be at his peak of his game right now at 35 years old.

This. His swagger was born for United :drool:

Ixion

And you know what, he'll probably play the 90 minutes against West Ham.

Trizy

I forgot not only was a perfect yet beautiful goal disallowed, it took him away from sharing the golden boot with Messi.

The goals would've flooded in if we scored that goal, he could've got 2 or more.

IMakeThingsUp

Did you not see him back in Italy? Every team he joined won the league. He basically singlehandedly took an aging and otherwise pretty average Milan and won them the scudetto.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Took it like man today. Scoring a correct goal while risking an injury and still getting something from the game later on.

Devil may care

Would have had the record if not for the ref and Valdes, the assist for Martial was a dimension he brings that none of our other striking options can offer.

Bwuk

He is our captain. Maybe doesn't have the armband but no question of who the leader in this team is.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Did you not see him back in Italy? Every team he joined won the league. He basically singlehandedly took an aging and otherwise pretty average Milan and won them the scudetto.
He's won the league something like 12 times out of the last 13 seasons he plays and that's spread out over 5 teams. Just incredible and shows how dominant he has been over his career.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan

No, no, no. I've watched Zlatan since he was in Inter. He is definitely not at his peak. He is definitely on his way down and has lost a bit of his touch and shot. Still a great player though, but saying that he is at his peak now kills my football-brain a bit. Zlatan was at his best first at his last season in Inter 2009 (before he got bought to Barcelona), and then in 2012 in PSG (he got the FIFA award for best striker in the world). Two different versions of him but both is not even close to how hes been this season.

JeffBoomTetris

He is something else. Of course, had he done even better at the start of the campaign we'd be better off in the league table. Now, he seems to be in a Cantona-esque state of form when he is scoring or assisting every other game. I still hope that we even out the responsibility among Martial, Mkhi, Pogba and others

Status
Not open for further replies.