Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Not much hope in Mourinho's words about him being still a help this season.

Jaybomb

Let’s hope he has one more iconic moment left in the Champions League.

el3mel

From Mourinho's quotes it doesn't seem like he's able to recover 100% from injury to return to regular playing. Gutted for that. Could have been a useful option from the bench.

I really don't think he's going to play again for us this season.

Canagel

Let’s hope he has one more iconic moment left in the Champions League.
I still have faint hopes that he can score the winner in the CL final. It would make up for missing last year's EL final and be the perfect way to bow out of football winning the only trophy he's yet to win in a glittering career. Very unlikely we'll get to the semis even if we get past Sevilla which is already tougher than we needed it to be. Today he was talking about coming back for the World Cup so it's not all over yet I suppose.

El Zoido

The injury he got has finished careers of much younger players. Even if not literally ending a career, some players are never the same again. For all the PR BS about how fast his recovery was, and having a knee unseen previously by medical science, he’s still human. His comeback seemed too soon, and so it proved. It’s really quite sad to be honest, you can’t help but wonder how we might have been this season had the injury never happened.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Unsurprising that he's set to leave given his injury and age.
It has to be said though, if we kick on and regain our place as a top European club, then Zlatan will have played a big part in that revival and will be remembered for it.
It's a shame we couldn't have the team to compliment him last season, if we were as good then as we are now I genuinely believe we would've won the league with him.

United never give up

Great player for many years

Shame he never truly delivered in the CL knockouts like rooney

Peak Rooney > Ibra at any point in his career

Kapardin

Well, he's won his only European trophy with us, so one can say he has made history with us. Wish him luck for whatever he does next.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Very disappointed not to even see him on the bench today when I saw Lingard as our only attacking change, anyone think we'll ever see him in a red shirt again?

MAME DIOUF 32

Very disappointed not to even see him on the bench today when I saw Lingard as our only attacking change, anyone think we'll ever see him in a red shirt again?
I think we'll probably have a dead rubber at some point and he'll play. Sadly not a great way for his competitive career to end.

stepic

nope

it's tough coming back from major injuries, even more so when you're in your mid 30s

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems so strange that we rushed him back to play in mid Nov, and after 5-6 appearances, now hasn't been seen for over 2 months.

The way the league is going, City will wrap it up by mid April, and hopefully we'll have cemented out place in the top 4 by then too. That'd still leave 4-5 league games, so hopefully he can at least contribute to those.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Is he even training with the group?

napadaj

Today Matic added a story with Zlatan on Instagram, looks like he's in training with the rest of the group.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We could really do with him being fit and soon. We're lacking options on the bench at the minute, but Martial and Ibra hopefully coming back will remedy that.
I really hope he can contribute again before the seasons over, it would be great if he could bow out of top level football with a trophy.

Bobski

Don't think he is needed, would rather Martial/Rashford got whatever minutes up top he could muster.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The amount of time he’s been out for he’ll need a run of games to find any sort of form. No chance we can offer him that sort of time at this point in the season. Maybe he’ll make the bench for Sevilla but I’d be surprised.

Cheekiey

I reckon he will make a sub appearance vs Sevilla probably as a no.10 like we saw earlier on in the year. would like to see him play with Alexis and Mata, Think they would all link up really well.

Rom
Sanchez - Zlatan - Mata​

el3mel

I reckon he will make a sub appearance vs Sevilla probably as a no.10 like we saw earlier on in the year. would like to see him play with Alexis and Mata, Think they would all link up really well.

Rom
Sanchez - Zlatan - Mata​
Doubtful. We'll probably have Martial, Lingard and Fellaini on the bench, maybe even Pogba, all will be more likely to come as subs rather than him.

If he's ready, he may play as a sub against Brighton.

Seems so strange that we rushed him back to play in mid Nov, and after 5-6 appearances, now hasn't been seen for over 2 months.
He rushed himself back sadly as he wanted to play the "lions don't recover" blah blah card, sadly this one bit him massively in the arse and us too. He'll be back for a couple of games I'm sure, but only when he's truly 100%.

Web of Bissaka

End of thread.

His overall average performances clearly showed the damage the big injury did to his body, it's just not the same Zlatan.
--Still manage to scored a goal, recovered way way very early, and still have those scoring instincts movements and good link-up plays.

Fun while it lasts, thankful for the awesome last season, good memories seeing him became our player.

:devil: Genuine Natural Red D.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It would be good to get a frank opinion of why he hasn't played for us recently and is now going to be presumably playing for another club imminently. Seems like he rushed back too quickly, which meant he was completely ineffectual in the games he played. I'm surprised he's been on the verge of playing again for a while now, but is now going to leave despite surely being closer to whatever full fitness would now be for him. Is it Zlatan himself who has realised that he cannot meet the demands of the Premier League and feels off the pace in training? Has Mourinho politely communicated to him that he doesn't see a role for him at this time? MLS is weaker in a lot of areas, but you're naive if you think it is much of a step down physically, both on the pitch and off the pitch with all the travel involved.

A-man

It would be good to get a frank opinion of why he hasn't played for us recently and is now going to be presumably playing for another club imminently. Seems like he rushed back too quickly, which meant he was completely ineffectual in the games he played. I'm surprised he's been on the verge of playing again for a while now, but is now going to leave despite surely being closer to whatever full fitness would now be for him. Is it Zlatan himself who has realised that he cannot meet the demands of the Premier League and feels off the pace in training? Has Mourinho politely communicated to him that he doesn't see a role for him at this time? MLS is weaker in a lot of areas, but you're naive if you think it is much of a step down physically, both on the pitch and off the pitch with all the travel involved.
Now I am speculating, but the move to LA Galaxy must have been known to Mourinho and Zlatan for some time. Then it makes sense that he did not play the last games even if fit, as most clubs dont play players who are about to move. And not really any point for him to stay in United and maybe do some 10-15 minutes in a couple of games and then the season is over. Now he moves to a league which just started their season.

Status
Not open for further replies.