Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

Lee565

I’d still take him at United, or at least I would have at the time Milan signed him.

Id play him over Martial every day of the week.

Hell, I’d probably partner him with Cavani for shits and giggles
Same, i would have even signed him during the summer when his future with milan was up in the air. The mentality he could have brought to our side, its areal shame he picked up such a bad injury with us as things may have panned out far better for us since then.

Mike Smalling

This guy is something else - what an athlete! Happy he wore the United shirt and managed to get his hands on a few trophies, while he was here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love him. Doubted he could come back at his age after that injury, I think he doubted it himself too which is why he went to the MLS. Obviously felt good and now has fecking Milan top of the league, is the leading scorer, after they've been garbage for the past 10 years. Since he signed in January they've picked up the most points in the league (Atalanta 2nd I think) with only Atalanta having marginally betters xPts over the calendar year, meaning he's just lifted the whole collective performance and its not just a good lucky run. I mean we saw it at United that one year how our mentality was, but this is at 39 now. Incredible.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
This guy is something else - what an athlete! Happy he wore the United shirt and managed to get his hands on a few trophies, while he was here.
Yep. It was such a shame his stay was so brief. Even though he was only here for such a short period of time he sits very comfortably in my Utd hall of fame. Love the guy.

Robô

Zlatan should have a better career. There is no weakness in your game (head, left, right, pass, first touch, etc.). And he is unique in the way that controls the ball and passes with 6'6 (195), much better than Lewa, Kane, RVP etc. It's bizarre that Zlatan was never a finalist for the Ballon d'Or (I mean a finalist, not a winner). An incredible talent.

Zlatan and Robben are the players of the last generation who, due to their talent, should or could win more individual prizes throughout their careers.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Zlatan should have a better career. There is no weakness in your game (head, left, right, pass, first touch, etc.). And he is unique in the way that controls the ball and passes with 6'6 (195), much better than Lewa, Kane, RVP etc. It's bizarre that Zlatan was never a finalist for the Ballon d'Or (I mean a finalist, not a winner). An incredible talent.

Zlatan and Robben are the players of the last generation who, due to their talent, should or could win more individual prizes throughout their careers.
He was barely relevant in the 2000s. After the huge promise he showed at Ajax he moved to Juve where he looked decent - scored some nice goal, same at Inter where he seemed to carry that team at times but was a complete failure at Barca though. He was also labelled as a choker because he didn't perform against top teams.
He looks more like a fine wine but then again he's playing in a league that's had his best days gone.

GifLord

8 league titles in 3 countries between 00-09.

6 Ballon d'Or Nominations between 00-09.

3 x Serie A footballer of the year between 00-09.

Barely relevant to your World maybe, which must also include the likes of Totti I guess?
He clearly wasn't as popular as he is nowadays. Also mentioning ballon'dor nominations seriously?
There's like 50 players every year nominated - most of them being a 1 season wonder

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Amazing how he's come back from that injury.

For me it was probably the biggest negative turning point for us in the last few years. It had the knock on effect of spending a fortune on Lukaku to replace him, £90m which I think Mourinho would have better used to improve the squad elsewhere.

Amazing how he's come back from that injury.

For me it was probably the biggest negative turning point for us in the last few years. It had the knock on effect of spending a fortune on Lukaku to replace him, £90m which I think Mourinho would have better used to improve the squad elsewhere.
We certainly agree on that. The knock on effect killed Mourinho in my opinion.
He was looking to spend big on getting someone to play behind Zlatan, not spend it all on a shitter striker.

Toad

He clearly wasn't as popular as he is nowadays. Also mentioning ballon'dor nominations seriously?
There's like 50 players every year nominated - most of them being a 1 season wonder
But a Zlatan had 6 nominations so clearly not a one season wonder. Relevant.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We certainly agree on that. The knock on effect killed Mourinho in my opinion.
He was looking to spend big on getting someone to play behind Zlatan, not spend it all on a shitter striker.
We'd have probably finally bought a right winger as well.

GifLord

But a Zlatan had 6 nominations so clearly not a one season wonder. Relevant.
All im trying to say that he wasn't as good as some seem to think
Ibra 2010s is miles better than ibra 2000s despite his speed decrease.
He was mostly a showpony in the 2000s while 2010s he became this lethal goal machine

Bojan11

How has he just realised?

Anyway, isn't the club who decides this kind of thing?

Anyway, Slatan Abrahamovic should get this sorted.
Eh he’s just realised Beckham has signed a 3 year contract worth reported £40m with EA and he probably wants his piece of the pie. You know a lot about pies.

Web of Bissaka

Eh he’s just realised Beckham has signed a 3 year contract worth reported £40m with EA and he probably wants his piece of the pie. You know a lot about pies.
Wonder if 2021 will be the start of players demanding "money" for "licensing" thing in games.

PES/Konami and FIFA/EA are going to have battles of players licensing then.

If the clubs are the one that decides to allow the players name and faces in games, then for sure newer contracts by players will demands that "image rights".

Looking forward to this development.

Bojan11

Wonder if 2021 will be the start of players demanding "money" for "licensing" thing in games.

PES/Konami and FIFA/EA are going to have battles of players licensing then.

If the clubs are the one that decides to allow the players name and faces in games, then for sure newer contracts by players will demands that "image rights".

Looking forward to this development.
If players start demanding then they are fecked.

Just look at tennis or boxing games and why big publishers never make them it’s because the licensing issue means they need to negotiate with every player or boxer. UFC games are easier to make because UFC own the likeness to every fighter on their roster.

brzez

Zlatans biggest problem in his younger years was that he had a habit to be a bit shite in the latter half of the season. That’s the reason why he sulked against the top tier teams, and he faced those teams in the latter stages of Champions League, and that is the reason a lot of people thought he were shit. Except those that actually followed his league performances.

GlasgowCeltic

You have to say based on everything we’ve seen since he left France, he absolutely wasted his peak years in France.

Paul_Scholes18

You have to say based on everything we’ve seen since he left France, he absolutely wasted his peak years in France.
It would have been nice to see him for us earlier. Although we had good strikers for many years.
I guess we could have tried him over Van Persie though.
Him and LVG didn't like each other though and Moyes could not attract a player like him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He must have seen Beckham get his deal (since he's inactive) and knowing he's almost at the end of his career wants to start negotiating his own.
When we hear about image rights during transfers, doesn't it only cover extra activities with clubs sponsors ? His likeness "belongs" to FIFPRO and that's who EA and Konami are dealing with.