Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Zlatan knows what he was doing most likely playing psychological games with him to get under his skin, and it worked.

montpelier

I must admit I never really thought of saying ''your bedroom performance will be affected by this exchange of verbal insults'' when I was playing.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Zlatans managed to wind up a lot of people on here and he wasn’t even trying:lol:

imamuppet

I’ve noticed when I play that players get so mad when I run up to them to get the ball but don’t make any effort to slow down so I end up running into them. I enjoy their saltiness along with their teammates on the bench complaining for a foul.
Think your playing the wrong sport, better stick to bowling!

IMakeThingsUp

Genuine question; How many of the current Man Utd squad would be able to score in that manner?

Apparently he is 2nd best scorer this season in the League. 11 goals in 12 matches.

Irwin99

Genuine question; How many of the current Man Utd squad would be able to score in that manner?

Apparently he is 2nd best scorer this season in the League. 11 goals in 12 matches.
Not many.

I know he could be wasteful at times when he was here but he was on course for 35 goals for us in his debut season before that injury and he just had that swagger that befits a United player. I wish we had more players like him.

Heardy

Tbf not many strikers in the entire world would have the audacity to score that.

For such a big bloke he’s incredibly athletic.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think Pogba attempted a few similar ones, but they weren't strong/accurate enough. Mata can do an overhead kick but he won't be able to do the hold up bit before the shot. That's about it.

Tbf not many strikers in the entire world would have the audacity to score that.
True.

Raw

One of the few bright spots of the post Fergie era has been watching Zlatan play for us. Really wish he hadn't got that injury.

One of the few bright spots of the post Fergie era has been watching Zlatan play for us. Really wish he hadn't got that injury.
This. The only player we’ve bought since SAF that just screamed Manchester United. So much leadership, so much belief and an incredible winning mentality. Would’ve got 2 great years out of him if not for that injury.

Sylar

Him getting injured, and then leaving wasnt good for Jose. Zlatan seemed like a good middle man between Jose and Pogba. And you could see the leadership qualities Zlatan brought (however wasteful he was but had a good link with Pogba).

Reckon if Zlatan doesnt get the injury, then we dont focus on getting Lukaku and end up looking at other positions to strengthen. Maybe.

ATXRedDevil

For such a big bloke he’s incredibly athletic.
Bit of a strange comment. Just because there are some tall/big players like Peter crouch that look incredibly unathletic, doesn’t mean shorter/smaller players are generally more athletic. The nba probably has the best athletes in the world and all them fellas are pretty big. There are defensive lineman carrying 250+lbs in the nfl that are faster and more athletic than most of our squad.

That said, yes, Zlatan is very athletic.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
37 years old but that Taekwondo black belt degree is still giving him extra edge on the pitch. :drool:

Heardy

Bit of a strange comment. Just because there are some tall/big players like Peter crouch that look incredibly unathletic, doesn’t mean shorter/smaller players are generally more athletic. The nba probably has the best athletes in the world and all them fellas are pretty big. There are defensive lineman carrying 250+lbs in the nfl that are faster and more athletic than most of our squad.

That said, yes, Zlatan is very athletic.
I was going more with the fact that he's able to get his foot about 9 foot in the air on the back of his martial arts background.

He's 37 and he's scoring audacious bicycle kicks for fun. Most players over 30 would not have the balls to even attempt some of his shots for fear of kicking thin air.

I agree tall blokes can be athletic, i meant more along the lines if his nimble agility is surprising given his overall height and age.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So true, the club still about to find the role model and leader like him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think Zlatan could be a good coach. Whereas Roy Keane will just scare everybody, Zlatan knows when to put an arm around you and when to give you a kick up the arse. Not sure he'd be a good manager but as part of the staff he'd be great.

AshRK

One of the fittest athletes in football who rarely got or gets injured and yet he had his worst injury with us. That's how unlucky we have been since Sir alex retired. He would have been lethal had he not got injured. Top professional

Member 93275

So there is this striker in the Netherlands at a really low amateur level, and he didn't score the entire season. Some mates pulled a joke on him and asked a pro to roast him. Pro was followed by other pros, so it became a meme. Zlatan was the latest to roast him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I think Zlatan could be a good coach. Whereas Roy Keane will just scare everybody, Zlatan knows when to put an arm around you and when to give you a kick up the arse. Not sure he'd be a good manager but as part of the staff he'd be great.
Training sessions could be something different with his sense of humor, but I pity the fool in the dressing room who would try turn players against him.

He may be the joker but he looks twice as strong as let's say Gattuso, who's by the way another unique character.

ATXRedDevil

I was going more with the fact that he's able to get his foot about 9 foot in the air on the back of his martial arts background.

He's 37 and he's scoring audacious bicycle kicks for fun. Most players over 30 would not have the balls to even attempt some of his shots for fear of kicking thin air.

I agree tall blokes can be athletic, i meant more along the lines if his nimble agility is surprising given his overall height and age.
Makes sense. I think agility is certainly correlated negatively to size on the whole (though overall athleticism isn’t), but he’s certainly very agile for his size, and age.

He’s a specimen, that’s for sure.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
So there is this striker in the Netherlands at a really low amateur level, and he didn't score the entire season. Some mates pulled a joke on him and asked a pro to roast him. Pro was followed by other pros, so it became a meme. Zlatan was the latest to roast him.

:lol:

A-man

There have been better players but for me he is the greatest football entertainer of all time. You never know what will happen. So many amazing goals, so many good memories.

hn4manunited

Such a character and always brings a bright spot to the day! Made my day watching that.

Luke1995

Anyone thinks he could yet return to some european club or he'll likely hang up his boots in the USA ?

Member 93275

I hope he doesn't do something stupid like return to a big league. Playing in the PL as a striker at that age was already a marvel, despite becoming static. The US is the perfect league to shine for him now and then retire.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I think it’s more a case of just how cursed we appear to be nowadays. His career was considered pretty much over after his injury. I’m sure if he had stayed with us it would be.

In less cursed times, we could have got three seasons out of him even at that age. You could also argue that our dressing room went to shit after he left. One of the few characters we had in it. Some of our players clearly don’t have time for one another but every team mate loves Zlatan.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

:lol: