Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

Saffron

When he moved to LA Galaxy, they said he took a massive pay cut and would make $1.4 million a year.

The MLS just released their salary guide, turns out he's the league's highest earner ever at $7.2 million a year.
https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide
What a surprise.

Let’s also not forget the reason/big factor behind him suddenly moving to MLS: he had just founded a betting company and the Premier League said he was banned from ever playing for Manchester United again as long as that ownership remained.

Reckon similar rules are in place in other European leagues as well.

FujiVice

He's a special man. Amazing to think he did his cruciate ligament in his mid-30s and is still so fit and mobile.

Eddy_JukeZ

We got rid of him too early.
If he didn't tear his ACL, I think he could have played 1 more season at the Prem level.

But the injury definitely affected him. It was the right move IMO.

We bought him too late, but at least we got to witness him play for us.

Sterling Archer

He's a special man. Amazing to think he did his cruciate ligament in his mid-30s and is still so fit and mobile.
For sure. Though it scares me watching these guys play on turf. Isn't it the worst for injuries? Maybe I'm just scarred from having bad ones myself only on shitty turf

DoomSlayer

What a legend Ibra is. He scored both goals against the city rivals of Galaxy so far and is winning them the game 2-1.

Actually 3 now. :lol: The guy strives in such conditions, he is incredible. They tried to compare him to Vela before them game for some reason and poked the lion with a stick. What a big mistake.
He's better than Lukaku
Lukaku couldn't pull this off even in his own dreams.

Last edited:

manunited1919

We should have kept him longer, if only to take Rashford under his wing and keep a lid on the clowns in our dressing room.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's gonna be 38 in 3 months and is miles better than the guy we bought for 80mil€ but hey at least he has stats to prove he's not shit amirite?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Phenomenal. This is after a whole week of interviewers asking him if he's better than Carlos Vela - which is the top scorer of LFC and overall MLS.
Zlatan talks his usual shite and then goes out and smashes a hattrick vs Carlos Vela and LFC.

Hollywood couldn't have done it any better than this guy

Eric's Seagull

Phenomenal. This is after a whole week of interviewers asking him if he's better than Carlos Vela - which is the top scorer of LFC and overall MLS.
Zlatan talks his usual shite and then goes out and smashes a hattrick vs Carlos Vela and LFC.

Hollywood couldn't have done it any better than this guy
First time I've heard about the part in bold. Thanks for sharing that information. Well done to the great man. Those interviewers must be crazy mate :houllier:

Eric's Seagull

Thanks vey much for sharing that. No offence at all to any Americans should they read this post but they seem to focus to much on stats. Vela not fit to kick the same ball as Zlatan. On a side note Vela only has 2 more goals than Zlatan. Who ever think Vela is Zlatan is mad in my opinion:houllier: I love the way Zlatan handles himself in interviews some people think he is arrogant but to me he has never come across as arrogant. Just extremely confident, nothing wrong with extreme confidence if you can back it up on the pitch clearly he can:drool:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He's bloody brilliant isn't he? He is the the of guy you need on your team confidence oozes everywhere.

Foxbatt

Only an idiot would even compare Zlatan to Vela. Which decent player at their prime would play in MLS if they were good enough to play for a top team in Europe? Giggs played for us at 40 and certainly Zlatan can still do a job at United. Maybe not all the games but for sure some games. He is also what we need as a leader.

Eric's Seagull

Only an idiot would even compare Zlatan to Vela. Which decent player at their prime would play in MLS if they were good enough to play for a top team in Europe? Giggs played for us at 40 and certainly Zlatan can still do a job at United. Maybe not all the games but for sure some games. He is also what we need as a leader.
Not sure what the quality of the MLS is like but Zlatan has 16 goals in 17 games, which is is a phenomenal record for a 37 year old, mate.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What a shot from distance for the third. Keeper not in a bad position at the strike, still had no chance.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Remember when people here were talking shit that he was slowing us down and because of him Rashford and Martial were underdeveloping/underachieving? Good times.

He was the player with the most ability we've had here since RVP. Not just a striker, player.

Nicklas

He’s just brilliant! One with the right, one with the left and one with the head.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of my all time favourite players