Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

buckooo1978

unbelievable technical ability

has to be one of the most unique players I've witnessed

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If his agent wasn't that meatball Raiola, Fergie would have bought him around the time Juventus got relegated. Zlatan playing for Fergie in that team around 2005-06 would have been another level.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
For some reason I never clocked how many career goals he had scored until the other day. Wiki has him on 528 including internationals at all levels which is phenomenal.

Slightly dubious about them including age-group internationals for players but that's only 7 goals for Zlatan (6 U23, 1 U18). Ronaldo has Portugal U15s on his. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals
:lol: wtf
Why would you include those stats? Most of the players that play in those selections don't even make it to the top

Chipper

Adulterer.
:lol: wtf
Why would you include those stats? Most of the players that play in those selections don't even make it to the top
Half suspect it was a Messi v Ronaldo thing.

Messi fans - we'll add the 16 goals that Messi scored at U23 & U20 level which is better than Ronaldo's 5
Ronaldo fans - ok, but we'll also add the 12 for him in the U17s and U15s and Messi has none there

Then they had to add everyone else's at under-whatever level too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The level of discipline to be in that shape at almost 38...top pro.

simplyared

Having lived in Sweden since 85 I've followed Zlatan from his early days as a junior playing for Malmö. Never really bought into the player 100% but there's no denying what he's given to the game. He's now tearing up the MLS which is his stage now. Wherever Zlatan goes he dominates and rules. Whether it be Italy, France, USA you name it! They even love him in Manchester at that's coming from a manc!

Last edited:

MuranoLover

Only Zlatan and CR7 are the ones that can make it at this age , what a player , I would love him for a few games back .

Canagel

He’d still score 20 goals a season in the Premier League.

What a player.
His class is not questionable but he wouldn't score 20 in PL. He didn't reach 20 when he was here and was extremely wasteful. If he came here in his prime and next to another striker probably.

DoomSlayer

His class is not questionable but he wouldn't score 20 in PL. He didn't reach 20 when he was here and was extremely wasteful. If he came here in his prime and next to another striker probably.
Ibra got injured in April if I'm not mistaken. Could have easily reached 20 and 30 overall, in my opinion

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
For some reason I never clocked how many career goals he had scored until the other day. Wiki has him on 528 including internationals at all levels which is phenomenal.

Slightly dubious about them including age-group internationals for players but that's only 7 goals for Zlatan (6 U23, 1 U18). Ronaldo has Portugal U15s on his. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_men's_footballers_with_500_or_more_goals
The most insane thing is that he had scored more goals after he had turned 30 than before that!

This is from 2017, so you'll have to add almost 50 more :lol::
Goals before turning 30 - 232, Goals since turning 30 - 250

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Legend. Unfortunate to get the ACL tear at 35 like he did, and that definitely ended his career in the premier league and in truly big leagues, but if he didn't get that he definitely would've kept going for another year or 2 IMO. Took him a year of playing after his 8 months of recovery to get back to a good level like he got to now though. Just how it is at an older age with those injuries.

Last edited:

marktan

I really think that win in semi in the EL where Zlatan and Rojo both got injured really did us more harm than good. We looked like a pretty solid team under Mous first season.

simplyared

Those suggesting Ibra could return to the PL and be our main striker have no idea. He's in the MLS for a reason. If anyone knows his limits it's Ibra himself.

Lightbringer

I know I didn't. A real shame we didn't buy him much sooner
Yes. When he went to Inter I was screaming for us to buy him. I have no idea why we did not show serious interest. I would have taken him any other time as well of course. Maybe Fergie thought he would be a distraction because of his personality?