Zlatan Ibrahimovic | Rises a day early

fps

Can't quite figure it out.

Barca maybe? they could do with a CF and he might feel unfinished business there.

Atletico? They've got Costa and Morata already

Real? Benzema, Jovic not really pulling up any trees yet.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Are you suggesting those as current possible destinations for Ibrahimovic? That seems insane to me, his name is massive but he’s not there any more, crushing it in mls is still semi-retirement for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you suggesting those as current possible destinations for Ibrahimovic? That seems insane to me, his name is massive but he’s not there any more, crushing it in mls is still semi-retirement for him.
I'd say 30 goals in 30 games is still pretty good.

Do I think he could cut it in the top league still? yes, but not for 90 mins.

I can't see him going to a mid table team personally.

TrustInOle

Scored 30 goals in 29 games this season.

This was the last one :

Would take him back in January for 6 months without even batting an eye lid. Still a fantastically composed player, who can utilise all his assets well and doesnt rely on speed. Would give some of these underperforming players a kick up the arse and add some real leadership in there. Knows and respects the club, which is a boost. I think, coming close to retirement, he could see the challenge of pushing the bottom 10 United team back to top 4 and adding more glory to his name.

Edit. Just seen hes going back to Spain, sigh, time to welcome mandzukic.

fps

No I don’t think it would suit his ego. But I don’t think he necessarily does 20 minutes flat out vs 90 minutes pacing himself, he doesn’t really play in a way where he’d be bounding around if on the pitch for a shorter time, if that makes sense. He could return to Milan, fallen giant but massive name, that might work.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think both him and Messi said that their personal relationships were great... they don't need him, and they especially don't need another big-earner but when was the last time that Barca's board acted on reason? Real Madrid can gamble on him, I guess... Atletico look like they have the position covered, but who knows?

Will he accept anything lesser?

A-man

He is going to Spain. It could be for a poker tournament, holiday or photo session. He likes to stir things up.

A-man

Of course he would cut it but as you say as not 90 minutes. Would be a super sub.

TrustInOle

Could lead a curve ball here and be going straight into coaching somewhere? I'm sure I read something about him contemplating retiring after this season, or may have been an interview, not to sure. I think he would make a terrific coach and maybe manager, with the personality of a more likable Klopp.

A-man

Could be Bologna next for Zlatan, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Strats

Incredibly weird move by Zlatan. Wouldn't imagine him making much of a profit out of this

DoomSlayer

Has Ibrahimovic done this on purpose to ruffle a few feathers in Sweden? He has shown on enough occasions that he generally doesn't give a feck about public opinion.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Club will be renamed Zlatan FC and every player will have to change their name to "Zlatan" and all have his hairstyle and they'll be awesome!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Probably won't sleep because of that.

Why does he even have a statue in Malmö? Played like 40 games for them in his whole career.

A-man

Probably won't sleep because of that.

Why does he even have a statue in Malmö? Played like 40 games for them in his whole career.
Why? Because he grew up in Malmö and became a symbol and icon for the whole city. People are very disappointed and sad about this.
Has Ibrahimovic done this on purpose to ruffle a few feathers in Sweden? He has shown on enough occasions that he generally doesn't give a feck about public opinion.
I doubt it. As it is right now, I don’t even think it is safe for him to come to Malmö. It will maybe cool down in a few months.
Will see what happen, if the statue is still standing at tomorrow’s Europa league game.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I think the Swedish league and it's rivalries genuninely doesn't enter his mind, it's all too small time for him. He probably chose a club from Stockholm because that's where he lives when he's in Sweden.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Sweden should be careful. Without Zlatan they are only left with Ikea and Pewdiepie.

Stadjer

This kinda sucks. One month after a statue of him is unveiled in front of our stadium, he buys 25 % of one of our main rivals.
He had his own brand didnt he? It was called A-Z if i remember correct...

That didnt end well so maybe him buying/investing in a rival club is a good thing!

Jim Beam

Why? Because he grew up in Malmö and became a symbol and icon for the whole city. People are very disappointed and sad about this.
Sorry for not getting Napoli - Maradona vibes here exactly. In footballing sense and from the outside, I will always associate Zlatan more with Sweden or Swedish football in general.

I doubt it. As it is right now, I don’t even think it is safe for him to come to Malmö. It will maybe cool down in a few months.
Will see what happen, if the statue is still standing at tomorrow’s Europa league game.
And that's just dumb.

A-man

Sorry for not getting Napoli - Maradona vibes here exactly. In footballing sense and from the outside, I will always associate Zlatan more with Sweden or Swedish football in general.
He is, or was until yesterday, bigger than anything in Malmö. I don’t expect you to understand anything of this.

UncleBob

Malmö is a shithole, but i do wonder if Zlatan fully understands the situation. We're talking complete and utter knobheads with mental issues and access to weapons.

Jim Beam

He is, or was until yesterday, bigger than anything in Malmö. I don’t expect you to understand anything of this.
Ok, and now because he invested and became co-owner of another football club in your country, he erased that? And you have this...
A toilet seat was placed around one of Ibrahimovic’s arms on the statue early Wednesday, a plastic bag put over his face, and his name was covered up, leading to the monument requiring police protection during the afternoon.

Social media videos appeared to show fans lighting fires at the base of the statue in the evening, while a racist message had reportedly been spray-painted next to it.

You certainly got that last sentence right.

A-man

Ok, and now because he invested and became co-owner of another football club in your country, he erased that? And you have this...
Yes pretty much. He also expressed how he wants hammarby to become the largest club in Scandinavia, showed videos with his name on a Hammarby shirt, etc. People in Malmö see this as a spit in the face from the son of the city. As I said, it is hard to explain, but he is not just a good footballer from Malmö, he is more than that. He was representating the city in so many ways.
I cant explain it, you have to live it to undestand.

Jim Beam

Yes pretty much. He also expressed how he wants hammarby to become the largest club in Scandinavia, showed videos with his name on a Hammarby shirt, etc. People in Malmö see this as a spit in the face from the son of the city. As I said, it is hard to explain, but he is not just a good footballer from Malmö, he is more than that. He was representating the city in so many ways.
I cant explain it, you have to live it to undestand.
Last question. Are Malmö and Hammarby even that big rivals? Read there is a big rivalry with Göteborg and Helsingborgs, nothing about his one.

A-man

Last question. Are Malmö and Hammarby even that big rivals? Read there is a big rivalry with Göteborg and Helsingborgs, nothing about his one.
The biggest rivals are Helsingborg (second team in the region) and Göteborg because Malmö FF and IFK Göteborg are the two most successful clubs in terms of trophies. I would also say that there is rivalry between Malmö and AIK and Djurgarden from Stockholm, but not so much Hammarby. However Stockholm and Malmö in general have some kind of hate relationship so Hammarby is definitely not popular.

A-man

I can also add that all the clubs mentioned: Hammarby, Malmo, AIK, Djurgarden, Göteborg, are the old classic clubs that have been around “forever”, or at least 110-130 years. It has never been seen as ok for a player to move between those clubs. All of them except Helsingborg are serious contenders for the title next season, and were so for the season that just ended.

All of them also have the most fanatic fans, and loudest, in Scandinavia imo.

UncleBob

I can also add that all the clubs mentioned: Hammarby, Malmo, AIK, Djurgarden, Göteborg, are the old classic clubs that have been around “forever”, or at least 110-130 years. It has never been seen as ok for a player to move between those clubs. All of them except Helsingborg are serious contenders for the title next season, and were so for the season that just ended.

All of them also have the most fanatic fans, and loudest, in Scandinavia imo.
If by fanatic fans you mean violent criminals, complete nutjobs, then yeah.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Malmö would have been upset even if he took over a club from a lower league. They've tried to claim ownership of Zlatan for years and the statue was a rather desperate attempt to catch his attention.

Jim Beam

Malmö would have been upset even if he took over a club from a lower league. They've tried to claim ownership of Zlatan for years and the statue was a rather desperate attempt to catch his attention.
Yeah, the whole thing looks that way. Doubt Zlatan will care or he will just say them to do one.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Racism. From top to bottom.

Zlatan hit a nerve long time ago and the Swedish political establishment and the media couldn’t handle it. From Zero to hero and then back to this. I swear to God I saw this coming almost ten years ago. What the mob do is more or less the same as the establishment, just in a different way.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Racism. From top to bottom.

Zlatan hit a nerve long time ago and the Swedish political establishment and the media couldn’t handle it. From Zero to hero and then back to this. I swear to God I saw this coming almost ten years ago. What the mob do more or less the same as the establishment, just in a different way.
I'm not sure you understand who the people that riot in Malmö are to pull the race card.